Search Unity

Unable to build Android Player with Linux Editor

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ResetLink, Mar 7, 2017.

1. ResetLink

ResetLink

I'm trying to make an Android build on Linux. If I try to make the build through the command line (using BuildPipeline), it doesn't give an error, but it doesn't seem to generate an APK either. If I try to build it through the GUI, it pops up the usual progress bar for importing assets, but freezes on an early one and never does anything after that. We've had this on two different machines now. Has anyone else encountered this?

2. Tak

Tak

What Unity build are you using?

3. ResetLink

ResetLink

Most recently I tried it with Unity 5.5.2xf1Linux, installed on Ubuntu 16.04 via deb package.

4. Tak

Tak

Could you file a bug report with your project?

5. Vaidas_B

Vaidas_B

Unity Technologies

6. ResetLink

ResetLink

Hmm, I'm using 5.5.2f1, which mentions having "Fixes for multiprocess (ETC) texture import", but I am still having the issue. Did you mean 5.6.0b10?

radubb likes this.
  7. Vaidas_B

Vaidas_B

Unity Technologies

Yes, I meant 5.6.0b10. You could check if it's the same issue by creating a new project with a single texture in it, going to the Build Settings window > Android, switching the texture compression type to ETC or ETC2 - then click Switch Platform (it should be switched to standalone by default before that). Then it should start importing and freeze the editor. Other compression methods should not have this behaviour.