Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Teila

Teila

You seem to totally misunderstand what this tool is about.

Nothing I said above was personal. I described your actual actions, as seen on this thread. I did not call you a liar, as you did to Vis, I did not attack you, as you did Vis, I did use unsubstantiated accusations against you. ;) Your words speak for themselves.

I suggest you take this private with Vis because your comments do not belong here. Feel free to ignore me. The feeling is mutual.

SkyLimitStudio and Buzzlebot like this.
  2. Brutalize1337

Brutalize1337

I did.
    Case number is (919883).
    Hope they find something out!

3. Ronith

Ronith

There are many AddOns in the Forum and few days ago someone has announced a GM-Tool.

about vis2k: In my opinion, he does a very good job. okay, he offers never a complete solution if i run in an issue, but he always point me the right direction, if i need help. It is a question of expectation.

Teila likes this.
  4. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks for sharing, let us know when you hear from Unity.
    Also perhaps it helps to remove the component completely, save the project, close it, delete the library folder, open it again and then add the component again and assign everything again.

5. Caomh

Caomh

Yes Telia it is personal. You see you are not a Unity Forum moderator. Though you have an opinion it just that an opinion. You do not speak for staff. I kindly advise if you do not like my words you take your own advice and place me on ignore. Likewise if you believe my comments do not belong here Unity has supplied a feature to report posts which are not appropriate. You may cease your attempts of intimidation now. They are not effective and Vis2k is quite capable of speaking for himself.

Hi Ronith,

In my experience when I asked where to start fixing scripts he recommended I purchase new assets stating any serious developer would just purchase something new rather than look at the problem and attempt to solve it. I found that quite odd and asked for a refund at that point. I believe any good developer (or horrible one) looks at the problem of code and sorts it out. In this case I'll ask the developer Vis2k where the code is. He can point out what handles something and I can take it from there. Worse case is I might spend some time learning something new while failing to fix it. Best case I learn something new and fix it.

In this case I agree a community made add-on exists, in fact a lot of them do. Vis2k's statement is keeping things simple. Any MMO needs a way to do basic things, jail troublesome players, move them from a spot they are stuck in, alter the password of someone who looses it. Its a core feature found in all MMOs. Cash Shops are not found in all MMOs. So with a limited number of hours in the day why would that choice be made?

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: we are finishing up on the new warrior model's strong-hit animation today. Skinned mesh equipping coming soon..

7. takapi

takapi

8. Brutalize1337

Brutalize1337

I will.
    Sadly, this wont work for me either..

9. mischa2k

mischa2k

Not at the moment, sorry.

It must work at some point. Did you try the latest version? Did you try uninstalling Unity completely and the reinstalling? Did you try on another computer or in a virtual machine?

10. Teila

Teila

This is a framework. You can add your own stuff. In fact, I believe there is a user made warehouse for sale somewhere. :) Or do you expect a button and have your full MMORPG? Try Atavism.

11. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning everyone!

Progress: we finished the first version of the warrior's strong hit attack. A few more adjustments are still necessary, but we are getting closer to skinned mesh equipping.

12. XAfgun

XAfgun

Thank you too many people waiting for skinned mesh :)

Durability/Repair System Addon Released, you can check there

https://ummorpg.net/forums/topic/durabilityrepair-system-addon/

13. cioa00

cioa00

Hi takapi, im the creator of that addon. What kind error did you recive when trying out warehouse addon? Or what part of warehouse didn't work. Post your reply in here or send me private message.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  14. shamsfk

shamsfk

@vis2k
    Hi! I wrote you a letter with ebook refund request but got no answer. Did you get it?

15. barbugamer

barbugamer

Have you resolve the network bug ? that does not let anyone move?

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:
    V1.77 [released 2017-06-15]
    • NetworkManager: Max. Connections increased from 100 to 1000
    • NetworkManager GlobalConfig: ThreadPoolSize increased from 1 to 3, so that a uMMORPG server uses at least 4 threads now.
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Disconnect Timeout
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Connect Timeout
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Ping Interval
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Network Drop Threshold for better WiFi support
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Overflow Drop Threshold for better WiFi support
    • NetworkManager ConnectionConfig: increased Acks type to 128 to support more reliable messages
    • Guild Notice feature implemented

Where?

What networking bug?

17. shamsfk

shamsfk

noobtuts mail

18. barbugamer

barbugamer

this one

IndexOutOfRangeException: ReadString() too long: 44204
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader.ReadString () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkReader.cs:303)
    Entity.OnDeserialize (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Boolean initialState)
    Monster.OnDeserialize (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Boolean initialState)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity.OnUpdateVars (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Boolean initialState) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkIdentity.cs:746)
    UnityEngine.Networking.ClientScene.ApplySpawnPayload (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity uv, Vector3 position, System.Byte[] payload, NetworkInstanceId netId, UnityEngine.GameObject newGameObject) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/ClientScene.cs:481)
    UnityEngine.Networking.ClientScene.OnObjectSpawnScene (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkMessage netMsg) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/ClientScene.cs:597)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.HandleReader (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Int32 receivedSize, Int32 channelId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:468)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.HandleBytes (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 receivedSize, Int32 channelId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:424)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.TransportRecieve (System.Byte[] bytes, Int32 numBytes, Int32 channelId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:576)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkClient.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkClient.cs:735)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkClient.UpdateClients () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkClient.cs:950)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity.UNetStaticUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkIdentity.cs:1073)

19. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you send it again and include your order number?

That's a common UNET bug that you can avoid. Check out the part in the documentation about it: https://ummorpg.net/documentation/

20. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning everyone. If anyone here would be interested in a true 2D uMMORPG version, please let me know!

MHolmstrom likes this.
  21. fabioecco

fabioecco

Is there any known active playable mmo using ummorpg? I couldnt find any.

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

Check out http://ummorpg.net/showcase/ . They are all still in development, but you can see screenshots, videos and perhaps demos already. It will probably take another 1-2 years until we see one that made it, MMO dev takes a lot of time.

Teila likes this.
  23. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning! A lot of people in our discord channel were interested in a 2D uMMORPG version, so it will happen!
    Been working on it all weekend, and so far there are npcs, monsters and players in the scene again and they can already attack each other. Working on the 2D archer class now.

MHolmstrom likes this.
  24. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: working on movement, idle and attack directions for the 2D uMMORPG port today.

25. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

vis2k Hello
    Is it possible to implement the point of the weapon as in lineage 2?

26. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

I'm a big fan of Lineage 2
    I have been thinking about buying your poke for a long time, but I need to know
    Or is it possible to do it for a fee only to me?

27. mischa2k

mischa2k

What exactly do you mean? Can you show us a screenshot?

28. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

Here's a video showing what I mean
    There are scrolls, and these scrolls have a chance of a good point, if the weapon is not dotted, it breaks up into crystals
    I think it will be interesting :)

29. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

At the same time, if you sharpen the armor with a scroll, they increase protection and if the weapon is adequately damaging:)

30. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

31. Sehlor

Sehlor

@Bogdan1995 You can easily implement that with an addon. uMMORPG is a core features of an mmo, you can build on top of that.

Teila likes this.
  32. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

Can you find out with which addon?
    I'm 0 in writing code, and many things do not understand, but I have money and if the developer agrees to write for me separately scripts this will simplify my work.

33. Teila

Teila

You really should learn to code first. :) It will be difficult and expensive to try to build an MMO without knowing how to code at all. I suggest udemy.com. They have some great C# classes as well as ones that teach you how to make a game in Unity. They are inexpensive and often have sales.

34. Caomh

Caomh

If you are looking to make a game with 0 code there are a few tools in Unity which will help. The starter tutorials for making simply to complex games will teach you the basics and better yet they are completely free. For jumping right into things there is the asset UNIRPG it is free with an active community, which was spun off to Plygame which uses blox. Both have a lot of tutorials available.

While some mention heading to udmey that will help you learn some C# however typically it is general knowledge and by itself it will not help you get better with this asset. Where if you search for a specific problem on google someone will have likely have asked the question before and another person present the solution saving you some money. Best part is it is free and will help expand you knowledge after using the free unity tutorials starting with the Roll-A-Ball game .

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes so as other have mentioned, if you want to add feature to uMMORPG then you need to learn how to code.
    The alternative is to not modify anything in uMMORPG and only add your own art style. There are a few artists here who did just that.

Teila likes this.
  36. Teila

Teila

Does uMMORPG work okay 5.6.1? I know there was a problem in the past but wondering if that is fixed. We are at a point where we have to move forward due to shader issues with 5.5.

37. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, 5.6.1p1 works fine. We thought there was an issue with the headless build, but as it turns out the message was really just a log message, not a bug.

Teila likes this.
  38. Teila

Teila

Excellent. :) Thank you.

39. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: submitted V1.78 for review. Lots of smaller improvements, some of them will make the server run faster when dealing with large amounts of players:

• Project Settings: company name changed to new website: ummorpg.net
    • Removed mesh components from Blessing and Health Aura skill effects because the Particle System doesn't need them anymore
    • Entity, SkillEffectProjectile: replaced GetComponentInChildren<Collider> calls with .collider for performance and simplicity
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent.agent is now assigned in the Inspector instead of using GetComponent. Improves performance and simplicity.
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent pos renamed to position
    • Extensions: XML extensions removed because they aren't needed anymore
    • Removed unused 'using' statements in all files
    • Removed unnecessary trailing spaces in all Scripts
    • UIChat: removed unnecessary (GameObject) cast
    • UIDragAndDropable: removed unnecessary (GameObject) cast
    • UIShowTooltip: removed unnecessary (GameObject) cast
    • Database: removed unecessary (GameObject) cast
    • Entity: removed unnecessary (GameObject) cast
    • Chat: ParseGeneral function simplified
    • Entity, Npc, Player: 'System.type' changed to 'type'
    • Entity: InventorySlotsFree uses .Count instead of .Where.Count
    • NetworkManagerMMO: GetStartPositionFor uses ?? operator to simplify the return statement
    • NpcQuestIndicator: any call simplified
    • Player.RefreshLocation: removed unnecessary (GameObject) cast
    • Player.TradeOfferItemSlotAmount uses .Count instead of .Where.Count
    • Player.CmdTradeOfferAccept: TradeOfferItem loops use foreach now
    • SkillTemplate.levels syntax simplified
    • Utils.IsNullOrWhiteSpace simplified

shamsfk likes this.
  40. denverbautista

denverbautista

Hi. planning to upgrade my asset to latest one v1.77. How do i upgrade? Any guide. Just tried and it will back on fresh ummorpg project.

41. mischa2k

mischa2k

Always make a backup before upgrading. Also check out the documentation, there is a part that discusses the best way to upgrade.
    In short: most people move their modifications out of the uMMORPG folder, then upgrade.

42. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update:
    V1.78 [released 2017-06-28]
    • Project Settings: company name changed to new website: ummorpg.net
    • Removed mesh components from Blessing and Health Aura skill effects because the Particle System doesn't need them anymore
    • Entity, SkillEffectProjectile: replaced GetComponentInChildren<Collider> calls with .collider for performance and simplicity
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent.agent is now assigned in the Inspector instead of using GetComponent. Improves performance and simplicity.
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent pos renamed to position
    • Extensions: XML extensions removed because they aren't needed anymore
    • Removed unused 'using' statements in all files
    • Removed unnecessary trailing spaces in all Scripts
    • UIChat: removed unnecessary (GameObject) cast
    • UIDragAndDropable: removed unnecessary (GameObject) cast
    • UIShowTooltip: removed unnecessary (GameObject) cast
    • Database: removed unecessary (GameObject) cast
    • Entity: removed unnecessary (GameObject) cast
    • Chat: ParseGeneral function simplified
    • Entity, Npc, Player: 'System.type' changed to 'type'
    • Entity: InventorySlotsFree uses .Count instead of .Where.Count
    • NetworkManagerMMO: GetStartPositionFor uses ?? operator to simplify the return statement
    • NpcQuestIndicator: any call simplified
    • Player.RefreshLocation: removed unnecessary (GameObject) cast
    • Player.TradeOfferItemSlotAmount uses .Count instead of .Where.Count
    • Player.CmdTradeOfferAccept: TradeOfferItem loops use foreach now
    • SkillTemplate.levels syntax simplified
    • Utils.IsNullOrWhiteSpace simplified

43. XAfgun

XAfgun

44. Shadowing

Shadowing

I haven't used uMMORPG yet. Just set up the server and test the demo. Thats about it.
    I didn't realize Unity allows multiple terrains so a person could do more then one zone with out needing more then one Scene.
    I was wondering. If a player is on one side of the map and a person or NPC is on the other side of the map. Does the networking ignore that for the player? Or does the entire scene stay in sync for everything all at once?

45. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

each entity ( player, npc, monster) will only send and receive update to other entity that are close enough

mischa2k and WoogyIM like this.
  46. wangkai

wangkai

How to add sound,like move, attack ,skill.

47. mischa2k

mischa2k

48. wangkai

wangkai

What do i mean to say where to add sound? Now the game is running without sound, I want to add the attack, the sound of the skills,

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

Adding sounds isn't very difficult if you understand the Unity basics. Check out the link that I sent you.
    There are no sounds in uMMORPG yet because I have to buy them first.

50. XAfgun

XAfgun

If you want to buy my addons for uMMORPG, today is the last day for 20OFF coupon on my site.

Prices will go to normal. Last 7 hours.

Have a nice days :)