Search Unity

uMMORPG Official Thread

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, Dec 29, 2015.

1. jria

jria

Is this still working?

2. Queen_Harley

Queen_Harley

I can't create a quest. Like "talk to someone" , "bring item to someone", .

3. Ronith

Ronith

Just an simple example:

First Step:
    Quest "Bring CHEESE to Donald Duck":
    - Under "Fulfillment leave everything clear
    - Under Rewards: add the CHEESE item

accept and complete the quest for the CHEESE reward.

Next step:
    NPC "Donald Duck" contains the Quest "Receive the Item":
    - Make a gatherquest für CHEESE
    - make sure the predecessor is linked to the first quest.

Accept and complete the quest. -done

Queen_Harley likes this.
  4. Queen_Harley

Queen_Harley

please. put a dpad for mobile on the next update!!!

5. Ronith

Ronith

Scriptquestion:
    i'm trying to add an item from other script.

Code (CSharp):
    2. //...
    3. //...
    4. //code start
    5. public Player otherScript;
    6.     void Start () {
    7.      }
    9. void Update () {
    10. //just for example, i press the "y" to get the Steelplate Item
    11. if (Input.GetKeyDown ("y")) {
    12.             ItemTemplate gatherItem = ItemTemplate.dict["Steelplate"];
    13.             otherScript.InventoryAddAmount (gatherItem, 1);
    14.        }
    15. }
    16. //code end
    Compiled successful. but after pressing the "y" key i got:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

can someone show me the right direction?
    the Itemtemplate "Steelplate" exists.

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

Use public ItemTemplate theItem; drag it in from the project area; then use that instead of using ItemTemplate.dict.
    Also it looks like you are trying to call InventoryAddAmount from the client - this should only be called from the server, so you probably need a command.

7. Ronith

Ronith

this is too complicated for me :) i just wait until the resource gathering becomes a uMMORPG feature by default.

8. gigz09

gigz09

You guys can try to use CN Controls:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15233

then modify the lines from Player.cs WSADHandling
    Code (CSharp):
    1. float h = Input.GetAxis("Horizontal");
    2. float v = Input.GetAxis("Vertical");
    to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using CnControls;
    3. float h = CnInputManager.GetAxis("Horizontal");
    4. float v = CnInputManager.GetAxis("Vertical");
    Dont forget to rename the AxisName's to Horizontal and Vertical

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    jria likes this.
  9. jria

jria

Thank you. It works! How about the button for attacking monster? and how to disable the touch screen when I enabled the D-Pad.

10. Queen_Harley

Queen_Harley

Someone tried to have an auto camera for the player? I have a problem on mobile. It is hard to rotate the camera. The camera will adjust depending on the view of the player.

11. jria

jria

How to implement the guild chat? How to create guilds?

12. cioa00

cioa00

Guild chat was just added as example how to use chat. Guild system is not yet implemented.
    I started to make guild system, but it still unfinished due various reasons (mostly the time is the issue at the moment) so i can't share my addon.

mischa2k and jria like this.
  13. barbugamer

barbugamer

still waiting update on the assetstore.

mischa2k likes this.
  14. Queen_Harley

Queen_Harley

I've import a monster but the problem is I can't click it and no there's no HP above. What's the problem? Help Please.

Attached Files:

15. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good morning everyone! I am playing around with the addon system again today. We are getting a lot closer thanks to @honig's partial suggestion.

Did you follow the tutorial from the documentation, or did you just import a 3D model? It's important to add the Monster script, add a collider and so on. This is best done by duplicating an existing monster and then modifying it, see the tutorial.

If you found a bug then please let me know.
    If you buy something from the Asset Store then your money it sent to Unity's bank account, I didn't take anything from you.

Good luck, send me a link when you release your game!

16. camta005

camta005

@N2KMaster and johnny9511

I don't doubt that you have encountered problems working with uMMORPG, but I can't agree with your conclusions and accusations concerning the asset. I have been able to add new player models following the provided tutorial, I have a test game running on a VPS and have had multiple clients connect to it and function as expected. The user interface is using Unity's standard UI system and I have had no issues editing it. This is an excellent product that can be used as a base for creating an MMO, and the asset is constantly being improved and upgraded by it's author.

This does not mean that uMMORPG is for everyone, and clearly it does not suit your purposes. However it is inaccurate to describe uMMORPG as some sort of scam, it simply is not. I have been very impressed since I purchased it, including the efforts of the author to develop and support it.

mischa2k and luis29vm like this.
  17. bartuq

bartuq

N2KMaster and johnny9511 Maybe you don't have enough skill to add something? Why you say "can't complete a game"? It's a base not a finished game, you can add everything, also you can change what you need. My project is growing everyday. My goal is Ultima Online style game with my ideas. I'm getting closer to.

Going back to my question how to change tooltip position similarly to Morrowind.
    It's working. How to do that:
    UIShowTooltip.cs
    void CreateToolTip()
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         // instantiate
    2.         var tooltipPos = new Vector3(transform.position.x, transform.position.y - 32, transform.position.z);
    3.         current = (GameObject)Instantiate(tooltipPrefab, tooltipPos, Quaternion.identity);
    4.         Debug.Log(current.transform.position);
    Then also need change Prefabs/UI/Tooltip.prefab in Inspector Rect transform Pivot Y to 1

Result [LINK]

MHolmstrom and mischa2k like this.
  18. bartuq

bartuq

Can you show Inspector of your monster.prefab how it look?

19. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sorry about that, but those accusations were a bit over the edge and I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. Until a few minutes later when I realized that this whole Asset Store thing could be confusing for some, so I edited my reply.

20. Ronith

Ronith

Playin around with uMMORPG... i love it :p

21. johnny9511

johnny9511

all that happened is error after error after error ask for help dont get it but when i come in the paying customer i get insulted. Not even that then threatened. Typical aidz. should i expect you now

22. camta005

camta005

Looking awesome Ronith :D

23. TheGoodSirRoach

TheGoodSirRoach

Where do i go to check it out?

24. TheGoodSirRoach

TheGoodSirRoach

And i dont mean youtube. I could pick random gaming videos from there and call them my finished product.

N2KMaster likes this.
  25. johnny9511

johnny9511

that looks cool

26. bartuq

bartuq

Ronith
    Try this way, it should work :) Attach this script to your object. You need also add Raycast or Collider/Mouse enter etc. if you don't want to add item always when you press "y"
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.Networking;
    4. public class Test : NetworkBehaviour {
    6.     Player player;
    8.     void Update()
    9.     {
    10.         player = Utils.ClientLocalPlayer();
    11.         if (!player) return;
    13.         if (Input.GetKeyDown("y"))
    14.         {
    15.             ItemTemplate gatherItem = ItemTemplate.dict["Steelplate"];
    16.             if (gatherItem != null)
    17.             {
    18.                 var freeIdx = player.inventory.FindIndex(item => !item.valid);
    19.                 if (freeIdx != -1)
    20.                 {
    21.                     CmdAddSomething("Steelplate");
    22.                 }
    23.             }
    24.         }
    25.     }
    27.     [Command(channel = Channels.DefaultUnreliable)] // unimportant => unreliable
    28.     void CmdAddSomething(string gatherName)
    29.     {
    30.         ItemTemplate gatherItem = ItemTemplate.dict[gatherName];
    31.         if (gatherItem != null)
    32.         {
    33.             player.InventoryAddAmount(gatherItem, 1);
    34.         }
    35.     }
    36. }

Ronith likes this.
  27. TheGoodSirRoach

TheGoodSirRoach

Where can i find your finished product?

28. johnny9511

johnny9511

what language is that in^^^^

29. jria

jria

I want to have a online game, so I want to buy a server in namecheap.com(this is included in your documentation) . I can only afford a VPS Hosting with 512 MB, 1 CPU Core, 30 GB SSD (SAS RAID 10), 100 GB Bandwidth. Is this okay with your MMO Kit? How many players does this server can handle? Thank you

30. bartuq

bartuq

Finished product? It takes one or few years to create something cool. But I can show you something [LINK] [LINK2] and please don't clutter that thread...

31. jagatai33

jagatai33

Very nice art work!, im hoping i can soon start sharing my project as well. Keep up the great work Ronith!

32. camta005

camta005

There is a price war going on at the moment for cloud based virtual private servers. It started with Digital Ocean offering simple to use reliable VPS hosting for an excellent price. Then a range of similar hosting services emerged, and now Amazon has released a similar service called Amazon Lightsail. I would highly recommend either of these, because of the price, reliability and how easy they are to setup:

https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

https://amazonlightsail.com/pricing/

Amazon also offers a VPS for free for a year within certain limits, but that is significantly more difficult to setup.

https://aws.amazon.com/free/

33. jria

jria

I tried aws.amazon but I don't know how to create a server? Can you help me? I really need it right now. Thanks. PM me please. There's someone annoying here. :) And in my game I can't fix the error "MissingComponentException: There is no Nav Mesh Agent attached ........... You probably need to add a Nav Mesh to the game object" . Help me fix it.

34. mischa2k

mischa2k

You can use any hoster that you like. I always recommend namecheap, but only because I tested it there and it works.
    I actually created a step by step guide too: https://noobtuts.com/unity/unet-server-hosting

You can use any other hoster, but then the setup might be slightly different.
    You should be fine with one of the cheapest VPNs in the beginning. When your player base grows, you can always move to a better server. There's no need to pay hundreds of dollars a month when just starting out.

35. bartuq

bartuq

@jria Some of your prefab doesn't have this [LINK] just add it.

jria likes this.
  36. mischa2k

mischa2k

I talked to the person who purchased the asset about the refund.

37. camta005

camta005

Yeah, aws amazon can be a bit difficult to setup which is why I recommended amazon lightsail or digital ocean, as they are designed to be more easily setup.

You should keep in mind that any linux server is going to be challenging to use if you are unfamiliar with linux. So there will be a learning curve there.

pushingpandas likes this.
  38. luis29vm

luis29vm

I use OVH.com, and run very nice my server, and I just pay $13 you should check it.

39. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I had no problem setting up my linux dedicated server with the provided tutorial. People should need to learn the basics of server (same goes to programming) if they want to release a multiplayer game. I don't get why some people think they they can create a World of Warcraft by simply buying a 80USD asset and thats all.

jagatai33, bartuq and luis29vm like this.
  40. jria

jria

It works ! But there's another problem. whenever I interact with the NPC I've created, it moves away from. What shall I do to maintain the position of my NPC? Another problem is I can't buy to the NPC I've created. Whenever I click the NPC there's no window popping out.

41. Ronith

Ronith

You made my day! Thanx

42. MHolmstrom

MHolmstrom

Woah, just doing my regular check here, what is going on? @N2KMaster take it easy, just ask for help, I know you gotten plenty of nice comments on your progress, when you ask for help people will help you, @vis2k have helped you too, he don't give you the whole solution in code but he say what you have to do, remember that he have 3 rather popular unet packs on the store, he is a busy man but he takes his time helping, guiding us etc. I think uMMORPG is fantastic, the best thing I bought in the store. My programming have become really good the past weeks thanks to vis for not giving me code when I ask for help. Either the community does or you get hints and direction then unity ask or google is you friend even the docs. The gui can be fixed by going to to world.unity and copy the canvas and past it back into your scene. Delete the old one. For chinging the ui code there is no need for it, we got all we need. If not sooner or later he adds it then fix the layout. We had a good run at 57 1/2 pages without a toxic community, so please let us continue to focus, help and care for eachother. If you have complains talk to Unity or contact at noobtuts.com we are having a blast here no need to ruin it. Thanks in advance.
    Alsowhat do you need help with? And Ummo2 is not stabilized its in alpha I believe aswell.
    Why buy vpn and stuff from the get go? Look at my windows hosting tutorial, then your friends can join and try it out for debug testingyou can even play from the editor while doing it! I think buying a vpn is around mid development, no need to rush into getting it online and as I said the tutorial I posted cost $0. You can try it out local with no configs etc.
    Sorry if I spell incorrectly not my native language and typing from phone with Swedish autocorrect.
    So suggestion, be toxic on mail not here you are embarrassing yourself, not vis, not the "dox threather" -really? He never threatened you sir, you are like we call here in Sweden "kränkt hemmafru" a person who goes bananas and feel violated because they dont go outside nore do anything s sit at home complaining about everything because the life they live is boring. Please behave, you can get all the help you want, remember timezones irl jobs etc. We dont live here, so do like me, stop posting now and start coding! :) Also good luck!

camta005, bartuq, Ronith and 2 others like this.
  43. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

Please keep this thread on topic with discussion on uMMORPG. This is not the correct location to ask for refunds, refunds should be dealt with through a publisher support email. Please make sure you read our Asset Store Terms.

Stroved, bartuq, luis29vm and 4 others like this.
  44. camta005

camta005

Thanks Buhlaine.

Here is the link to MHolmstroms tutorial:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ummorpg-official-thread.376636/page-53#post-2955805

MHolmstrom likes this.
  45. bartuq

bartuq

Thank you @Buhlaine

Go to Prefabs/Entities/Npcs/Alchemist.prefab then look at his Inspector, do all the same. I think you missing something on your new prefab.

MHolmstrom likes this.
  46. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks. Sorry about the confusion everyone, ask your question if any were buried.

This by the way is why I always said that I like using this forum for support. It's greatly moderated and everyone's personal information is reasonable safe in case it escalates.

To get back to uMMORPG: V1.63 is released! Several variable names were renamed, so keep that in mind when upgrading. I used the FormerlySerializedAs attribute where possible, so things don't have to be reassigned in the Inspector.

47. jria

jria

Error: Object reference not set to and instance of an object. Need help!

48. cioa00

cioa00

Can you post image on that error box from editor or copy here full error notice? It should show addtional info on where exactly the error comes up. I assume it`s still related with npc?

mischa2k likes this.
  49. mischa2k

mischa2k

Click on the message once to see which GameObject caused it. It probably happens because I renamed several variables in 1.64. You will have to reassign them in the Inspector if needed. Open a fresh uMMORPG project to see which variables are assigned to which prefabs.

If you don't have many modifications then you can also just create a new uMMORPG project and it will work out of the box.

50. barbugamer

barbugamer

very good work on the new version of mobile controler. only one thing left that i cant find it. how can i rotate the camera? now with the 2 finger i can do zoom in and out but can not rotate it