Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Inventory System C#

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JohnParask, Jul 7, 2014.

?

Would you buy it for $10 ?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2015.
  1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Maybe

27 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. No

45 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

like why does custom activate have to be on the inventory aswell? it just screws things up

JohnParask likes this.
  2. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

Ok guys ufps and uivnetory are now working together ill post a video soon

arnesso and JohnParask like this.
  3. JohnParask

JohnParask

Sorry for not answering here, just Unity Forum didn't even send me the notifications, at least we talked and fix the problem via email.

SO Guys, Ultimate Inventory is now compatible with UFPS and we will have a video how to do this THANKS TO PvTGreg.

Building System will come together with 4.6 UI.

4. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

here it is

John-G and JohnParask like this.
  5. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

hi id like to report a bug i don't have access to my email atm so ill post it here
    when you have an item that is set to destroy on use if you pick up another one of it it will add the stack to 2
    so even tho you only have one you get given two

JohnParask likes this.
  6. JohnParask

JohnParask

Thanks for reporting, did you modified the part of the code on the CustomAcivation script which says "DO NOT REMOVE" ? because it is working for me.

Also, There is a free tool i made in order to make the bug report easier since you can attach files/scripts and add priority label. (I can also have a more clear and fast view of them)

The software can be found here http://greekstudios.url.ph/wp/about/

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  7. Keato_

Keato_

Hey is there anyway to have the inventory separate to the tool bar. so if i wanted an item on the tool bar id drag it onto it and equip or use something from it then?

JohnParask likes this.
  8. JohnParask

JohnParask

No, you can't do it using this version. However the Ultimate Inventory V which will be build based on 4.6 UI will have this feature out of the box.

9. littlesparta

littlesparta

Hey, does this support tetris style inventory or is it all single slots and does it implement Unity's new GUI?

JohnParask likes this.
  10. JohnParask

JohnParask

No it does not support tetris style inventory, the current version does not support 4.6 UI, however the Ultimate Inventory V which i'm working now it will be build on the new UI.

littlesparta likes this.
  11. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Hello if anyone can help implement this into UnitZ i would appreciate it (or steer me in the right direction)

12. JohnParask

JohnParask

What is UnitZ, send a link of the asset page.

13. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

14. JohnParask

JohnParask

I have never see or use this, anyway, you should start by finding how to activate weapons via code on your system (ask the developer of UnitZ, then you have to add this code on the CustomActivation.cs script, email me at paraskevlos@yahoo.gr or use the Ticket report system from my website or any further help.

15. JohnParask

JohnParask

Ultimate Inventory 5.0 Announcement.

Hey guys, i just want to announce to you that the Ultimate Inventory 5.0 is on it's way to be released. Using the latest Unity 4.6 UI it is here to complete any unfulfilled need from the previous version. For now you can see a small video demonstrating the basic Inventory system.

Here is a list of some basic features.
    • Ultimate Inventory 5.0 is an independent package from the previous version. This means that the version IV is included as a .unitypackage in case someone wants to use the previous version which will no longer have updates.
    • All UI skins are very easily editable using the 4.6 UI.
    • The inventory/crafting and generally all windows are now draggable.
    • The slots can be added very easy using the 4.6 technology.
    • The drag & drop finally is a real drag & drop, you have to click and hold the left mouse button in order to drag an item and release it where you like.
    • Stacking system is implemented. You can even move inside the editor the stack text. Each item has different stack amount.
    • You can have a panel enabled on mouse over of items which can display the item's name, icon, description as well as everything you like.
    • You can activate the items by left click.
    • Right clicking an item will pop up a menu which will have several options such as : Use, Drop, Split, Equip.
    • Adding new items never was easier, it is really a mater of seconds.
    • You can modify the size of the slots, the items, the space between them and generally everything within the editor with out scripting.
    • The building system which was never released for this version will be included on Ultimate Inventory 5.0
    • The furnace system as well.
    • The crafting system will be updated, you can now craft multiply items with the same combination of items (recipe)
    • There will be a quest system for RPG or even FPS games.
    • The right click menu will have a 'View 3D Model' option, this will enable a 3d preview of the current item.
    • The hot bar menu is now separate from the actual inventory, which means that you can have different items on each one.
    That's for now, if you have any request please let me now ;)

John-G likes this.
  16. PvTGreg

PvTGreg

looking really really nice cant wait

JohnParask likes this.
  17. jimboyte

jimboyte

Found a small bug that i corrected in regard to CENTERING the the HOT KEY GUI DOCK

Uinventory.cs (close to line numbers 1633 and 1641) make the follow changes

look for the following line ...

scrollPosition2 = GUI.BeginScrollView(newRect(Screen.width / 2 - 340, Screen.height - 80, Screen.width, 90), scrollPosition2, newRect(0, 0, 0, 0));

// Screen.width / 2 - 340 assumed there would be 10 items for the Hot Key GUI
    // replace 340 with (hotKeyItems*34)
    // corrected line as follows

scrollPosition2 = GUI.BeginScrollView(newRect(Screen.width / 2 - (hotKeyItems*34), Screen.height - 80, Screen.width, 90), scrollPosition2, newRect(0, 0, 0, 0));

JohnParask likes this.
  18. JohnParask

JohnParask

Thank you for reporting and fixing the bug, it would be added into the next patch.

19. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

hi i have a question about the building system, how will it work? like minecraft or like rust or something total different?

also i found this video with downloads links for a rust style building system, but its all in spanish the code, ive tested all works but will need work

John-G and JohnParask like this.
  20. JohnParask

JohnParask

It would be great if i implement this system into my ultimate inventory (at least for the beginning) since i have really a lot of work to do with the new update. I will contact the author of the system and i will ask him if i'm allowed to do it.
    Thanks for posting in.

21. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

that would be amazing!! thank you :D

JohnParask likes this.
  22. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Look forward to the update. I hope you include @PvTGreg changes he did for UFPS. Also, do you have timing? I recently bought this and hope you aren't planning on charging again for this update. I purchased because it can work with UFPS.
    Thanks

arnesso and JohnParask like this.
  23. Sphelps1984

Sphelps1984

When will UIS 5.0 be Released?

JohnParask likes this.
  24. JohnParask

JohnParask

Sorry for the late replace but Unity Forum decided to not email me for a reason. Anyways

Since i re write the whole system for 4.6 UI i don't use any of the previous script so it would take some time to make from scratch.(The current version will still be included as a .zip).

There will be no extra cost for the update so don't worry.
    Yes changed from PvTGreg will be included.

As i said before it would take some time because it is made from scratch.

25. Sphelps

Sphelps

Maybe an update on what is going on!

26. JohnParask

JohnParask

I'm on vacations currently so i'm not working on anything.

27. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

any news on an update??

28. VoltzStudios

VoltzStudios

I'm assuming your back from your vacation. Anyways I need some help I was wondering how I can make it so when I go to an item in my hotkeys it will equip and show up on the screen? Thanks.

JohnParask likes this.
  29. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

is this asset still under going development?

JohnParask likes this.
  30. JohnParask

JohnParask

After a long time, Ultimate Inventory 2016. (Pro Version CONTAINS SURVIVAL KIT)

I don't need to say more, just watch the video, it contains also a list of what is coming.

Artificialized and llJIMBOBll like this.
  31. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey, sorry but i don't have this thread for support so i don't check it if i'm not going to post stuff. You can always email me at 'paraskevlos@yahoo.gr' for 1-2 day replies.

Your question is about instantiating a prefab after selecting an item, this can be done using the CustomActivation script. It will be built-in on the 2016 Pro version anyway since it contains a survival kit.

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  32. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

AMAZING DUDE! Can I pre-order on friday? for Pro version, I went to the pre order website but got a 404 XD

JohnParask likes this.
  33. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey there, thanks for your support, take the direct link here http://greekstudios.url.ph/site/pre-order-ultimate-inventory-2016/
    (Note i'm designing the ultimate inventory website now)

I want to explain something because some people miss understood it.

Everyone who owns the Ultimate Inventory right now will take the new Inventory FOR FREE
    Some people thought that the PRO version is the full inventory and they will have to re-buy it, the answer is no, the only difference with the PRO version is that it has the 'Realistic Survival First Person Kit' . So the Basic version contains the FULL inventory, just like the Ultimate Inventory IV.

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  34. Artificialized

Artificialized

Amazing just absolutely amazing after the initial release of the Ultimate inventory pro version will it be compatible with Opsive's third person controller asset?Will everything in the ultimate inventory pro version be compatible with a third person controller as well

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    JohnParask likes this.
  35. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey, UInventory does not depend on the player controller, so yes you can add it on any controller/kit, fps, 3d person rpg or whatever.

Thanks for supporting :)

mliukka and llJIMBOBll like this.
  36. Artificialized

Artificialized

Outstanding i cant wait for the updates :D

llJIMBOBll and JohnParask like this.
  37. JohnParask

JohnParask

New Update
    Chest/Container (Looting system)

38. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

The music for this video is very innappopriate.

39. JohnParask

JohnParask

i know, but everything gets a copyright claim :/ I'm going to let it with no sound

P.S : My first update also got a Copyright claim even when i used a song downloaded by a page with title "COPYRIGHT FREE music for youtube" :confused:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  40. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

The words in the music is offensive, harsh to women, explicit... So, that's why I say it's not appropriate...

41. JohnParask

JohnParask

Yeah, whatever, the video no longer has this music.

99thmonkey likes this.
  42. Artificialized

Artificialized

I was fine with the previous music but i guess change isnt bad music tells a story about something/or someone and usually has alot of truth behind it but doesnt mean you have let it offend you grow up its only words

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    JohnParask likes this.
  43. JohnParask

JohnParask

Yeah i know (i liked both songs), i just don't want people to get offended any way, it was just a video about an asset :p

44. Artificialized

Artificialized

Yea completely understandable just trying to help

JohnParask likes this.
  45. JohnParask

JohnParask

I know :) thanks for the interest.

46. Artificialized

Artificialized

How are things going with the updates and pro version? When can we expect the updates/Pro version to be released?Also does the basic inventory version include the new building system you were working on?

JohnParask likes this.
  47. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey there, As many of my customers already know (since we talk though email) i just moved to an other city and just setting my things up, my ISP is very bad right now. So it will be a little delayed. The new building system will be on the basic version but now with the survival features such as wall destructions etc.

Thanks for the interest and i apologize for the delay but you know, we all have responsibilities.

48. Artificialized

Artificialized

Its ok no rush just excited and cant wait for it to be released! :D hope things are pulling through with you and keep up the good work

JohnParask likes this.
  49. emperor12321

emperor12321

Has anyone had luck making this work with realistic fps? I'd appreciate any help.

50. mliukka

mliukka

This inventory system is looking very promising! Some great features and flexibility.

I'd like to know about 3rd-party compatibility though: if I'm making a survival game with my own item script, would it be possible to integrate this inventory system with my custom items? The items would have durability that you already have implemented, but they also might have properties such as calories (for food), warmth (for clothing) etc - it doesn't really matter what the specific properties are, just that it would be possible to store any custom items in the inventory instead of the built-in inventory items. Is this possible, or does the functionality of the inventory depend on a specific item script?

JohnParask likes this.