Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UI Example Project

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Tim-C, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Remer

Remer

Hello, thanks for examples.
    Can you make some others transition to project? Like a simple fading or some like this?

2. sysper

sysper

UI example links are broken! (both beta 17 and beta 20)

Huayruro likes this.
  3. Ash-Blue

Ash-Blue

Awesome, any chance this will be published to the Sample Assets package beta for Unity 4.6?

4. Willkuerlich

Willkuerlich

Not sure about this but i think IBeginDragHandler like in the DragMe script is bugging in a ScrollRect, it seems you can always drag the <Image> component of the ScrollRect even when DragMe is applied only to a Child or SubChild of the ScrollRect.

5. apschhokar

apschhokar

Hi i had unity 4.6 beta 20 installed and had everthing working until this morning. i downloaded and open UIbeta21 sample project of UI in the link above on my beta 20 unity already installed.
    Now when i build for webplayer i see no Unity 4.6 UI elements. for ex- i designed on login screen with unity 4.6 New UI but now all i see is blank blue screen in case of webplayer. while everything works fine for standalone version.

please some help!! unity UI has suddenly disappeared from webplayer. m stuck :( someone please help.

6. rakkarage

rakkarage

7. makoto_snkw

makoto_snkw

Erm... guys.

Is there any example of this new GUI system that handle touches on iPhone and Android?

I've been searching the whole forum and even read the FAQ but I don't understand what are they talking about with the codes being layout but no practical example being given.

I'm so sorry for my incompetentcy. *bow*

8. runevision

runevision

9. Ravel

Ravel

Looks nice, but I have one question, how to edit .anim files. Is it possible at all? I had a quick look on the UI system and I noticed that it uses .anim files for transitions, but I cant figure out how to modify the anim files.

The animator window makes no sense to me, I'd like to modify the position values etc. But the values are shown nowhere, so I suspect they are in the .anim files right?

So I ended up with this error:
    Code (csharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: (null)
    3. UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object obj) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/SerializedPropertyBindings.cs:66)
    4. UnityEditor.Graphs.AnimationStateMachine.TransitionInspector.SetTransitionToInspect (UnityEditorInternal.Transition transition) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/AnimationStateMachine/TransitionInspector.cs:176)
    5. UnityEditor.Graphs.AnimationStateMachine.TransitionInspector.OnEnable () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/AnimationStateMachine/TransitionInspector.cs:99)
    I understand that this system is ftresh, but it's quite hard to work with it right out of the box...

Overal I love this new system, but I think it needs more work. I hope U5 will have it fixed

Edit: Found out about how to create .anim files. Never really looked into unitys animation tools, seems quite straight forward actually! So my tip for a new comer to Unity UI, is to look at the Unitys Animation tutorials. Especially this one.

Tho one small sugestion would be to have some UI specific transition animation params somewhere easily accessible, otherwise the UI system goes a bit to high tech imo.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  10. raynaldo

raynaldo

I have tried to deploy the "Controls" Scene from the example package to 3 Android devices: Nexus 4, Moto E, Samsung Galaxy Young S6310.
    But the ScrollView doesn't render the Text component correctly when scrolled, i.e. some texts are missing/disappear.
    On Nexus4 and Samsung Galaxy Young S6310 the result was better though. Only some part of scroll views not rendered, as if blocked by something rectangular.

The problem also occurs when i want to edit the textfield/textarea on the left
    (keyboard popup, and scrollview content disappear).

Any idea why and how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

EDIT:
    Fixed on 4.6.1f1

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  11. gravility

gravility

why i feel that it's so hard to understand the scripts

12. ali_farooq

ali_farooq

hello can anyone suggest me the best tutorial for making UI for game like a menu and linkage between multiple screens thanx

13. ali_farooq

ali_farooq

I am developing an android 3d car game

14. czx_main

czx_main

Thank you ~

15. goat

goat

This is OK example of Additive from a Ludlum dare that you can download source too:

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-24/?action=preview&uid=14456

Download Source for the example and maybe you have some interest in the game too. Not all of the game works though.

After you download you should update for new Unity uUI and then adjust to reflect the needs of you game but really you don't need all that complexity. Use the download UI example that Unity Tech provides in the asset store, update to suit your game, and change levels in your game as in the Additive example or in the Unity Documentation pages.

I am not affiliated with Cowface Games.

16. tequyla

tequyla

thanks TimC

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  17. mehtanitish

mehtanitish

@Tim-C I am facing an issue in Menu3D scene, for each panel the first button is in highlighted state by default. I am unable to find any script which might be doing this. Could you please tell me what is causing the top button on each panel for Menu3D scene to be in highlighted state on start?

18. mehtanitish

mehtanitish

Anyone facing the same issue as me?

19. mehtanitish

mehtanitish

@runevision : Could you please give a look at above said issue?

20. runevision

runevision

I haven't been on UI Team for many years (you're replying to a thread from 2014) but you could try to check this:

If you check the EventSystem component on the EventSystem GameObject, what is the property "First Selected" set to?

21. mehtanitish

mehtanitish

Thanks for getting back to me!

"First Selected" was referencing to the Play button, I just removed the reference and now its working fine!
    Thanks again!