Search Unity

UCB fails to build Android project

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by eidu-flx, Jun 9, 2017.

1. eidu-flx

eidu-flx

Hi,

Since recently, Unity Cloud Build fails to build the Android version of our project (please contact me privately if you'd like to know the project ID).

There currently is an ongoing build which has allegedly been running for over 70 (!) hours. When trying to cancel the build, I get the message "There was a problem canceling the build!". Looking at the log of a previous build (was running for 138 hours), I see the message "An internal Unity Cloud Build error has occurred (Unexpected termination of the channel). The Unity Cloud Build team is addressing this issue, and this build can be restarted if needed.".

This is causing us two issues:
    1. We don't get Android builds.
    2. Since we can't delete the stuck build, it blocks the build queue, so we don't get any other builds either, rendering Unity Cloud Build useless at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Felix

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Hey Felix,

I force canceled that stuck build for you. Generally these types of issues are automatically detected/fixed but it looks like you had a build slip through that wasn't caught. Will look into why that didn't get cleaned up automatically.

As for the android build problems - it looks like it was just spamming errors like "Failed to load package manager" and never completing. My only guess offhand is that the library got into a bad state so I started a clean build of your android target to see if that fixes it. Let me know if it gets stuck again and I'll look into it.

3. eidu-flx

eidu-flx

Hi Dannyd,

Thanks a lot for helping. There still seem to be problems: since that one eternal build, there has now been one build that finished with status "Unknown", and another that has been running for 3 hours by now. So any more help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Felix

4. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Hey Felix,

The one that finished with status unknown was my fault - I manually canceled it to make sure that they next run was a clean build. And actually it looks like I didn't run that next build as a clean build (or another build was triggered before I got to it). Sorry about that. I've canceled that build and ran a new one (that should actually be a clean build this time). Will keep an eye on it.

5. eidu-flx

eidu-flx

Got a green build now, so I'll assume it's fixed. Thanks a lot for your help!