Search Unity

Trying to integrate VST.NET into Unity 5.5

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RareFaction, Mar 18, 2017.

1. RareFaction

RareFaction

I would like to write a VST Host in Unity 5.5 using VST.NET.

My general plan is to pass float[] data from OnAudioFilterRead to a VST through said VST Host, process the data, and then play it.

I have downloaded the VST.NET source and compiled the Core, Framework, and Interop .DLL projects against the .NET 2.0 framework (which was not fun) because Unity does not support the .NET 4.0 Framework.

The Core and Framework DLLs are able to be imported into Unity, and I can reference their namespaces in my code. However, while the Interop DLL does not throw any console errors when I add it to Plugins/, I am unable to reference namespaces or classes within the Interop DLL from my C# code. The Interop DLL does contain unmanaged code.

ILSpy confirms that all three .DLLs are built against the .NET 2.0 Runtime. I am able to reference namespaces and classes from a fresh, non-Unity VS2015 C# project.

A .ZIP file containing all three .DLLs is attached, and any help would be much appreciated. I know I am not the first person to attempt this feat, as forum / internet searches have revealed.

Attached Files:

2. VSTdotNET

VSTdotNET

If your goal is to host plugins inside Unity you need to write a VST host, which can be pretty complex depending on the features you wish to support.

Check out the Host example code (on codeplex-source) to get an idea for how the API works. You should not have to change the VST binaries in any way.

Marc
    Author of VST.NET

3. BobBobson108

BobBobson108

Did you get any further with this? I'm literally at the exact same spot right now.

4. Tazman

Tazman