Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Trouble using Collaborate

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by NoGoodMonkey, Apr 16, 2017.

1. NoGoodMonkey

NoGoodMonkey

I’m new to Unity and a little uncertain about the Collaborate workflow. I was hoping the forum could set me straight.

Upon launching Unity, the Projects menu has two categories: On Disk and In The Cloud (both of which display my project). Is On Disk the project I open, work on and sync changes using the Collaborate function? Whereas the only time one should open a project from In The Cloud is when a collaborator initially downloads the project?

I hope that workflow is correct, as my Collaborate History tab correctly displays all the changes I’ve made On Disk and sync’d via Collaborate. However, after initially opening/downloading the project from In The Cloud, my collaborator is not seeing any subsequent changes I’ve made. My Collaborate button says I’m up to date with a nice green icon. My collaborator sees an orange icon. Clicking on it displayed an empty dropdown window. He's been opening the project from On Disk as well.

Can you explain to me how a collaborator downloads the latest version of a project? We’re clearly missing something here.

(I'm running Unity 5.6.0f3 (64bit) personal on MacOS. )

Thanks in advance for you help!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @NoGoodMonkey! I'd be happy to clear up any confusion.

You are exactly right! In The Cloud is where you can download and work on the latest version of your project and On Disk is for when you want to continue working on your project without having to download the whole thing again. But the workflow after you've opened the project from either option is the same. Any changes you Publish will be viewable as Updates to your teammates as long as they're linked to the same project.

It sounds like your teammate is having trouble seeing their Collab Toolbar. Did they try waiting a minute to see if the Toolbar finishes loading? Can they open the Collab History window and Update to the latest revision from there?