Search Unity

Trial Watermark still there after upgrading to pro

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by raycosantana, May 27, 2015.

1. raycosantana

raycosantana

Hi!

The trial watermark wont go away, I have an internal developer license, I even tried using the manual activation but doesnt work either. Im using 5.0.1f1

The license worked fine in a different project before.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. Saiga308

Saiga308

I have the same issue. did you ever get it resolved?

3. raycosantana

raycosantana

Nope, a few updates later the bug still there

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That's strange. Could you post a screenshot of said watermark?

5. raycosantana

raycosantana

Sure, is in the lower right corner

Now when I try to enter the key again it doesnt pass the updating license part, stays there until I get tired of waiting and I close it manualy

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

7. raycosantana

raycosantana

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Could you drop an email to support@unity3d.com? They will help you sort it out - it's fairly complicated to discuss private account stuff in the open.

9. Saiga308

Saiga308

I contacted Unity Support. They told me I had an Internal license, that's why it shows "Trial Version". Funny thing is it didn't show it when version 5 first came out. But started showing somewhere in the 5.x builds. It's an Internal Developer license just like @raycosantana. The funny thing is Unity Support was surprised that I had an Internal license and at first didn't even answer my question but instead asked me who gave me the key. Kind of hard to discuss on here considering I signed a NDA. After some back and forth, screenshots, providing the full license key, explaining how I got it, Unity Support sent me packing telling me to contact whomever gave me the Internal Developer key to see if they would give me a regular Pro key. I'm pretty sure I got a Level 1 support agent on the issue. Would have been nice to get a little better answer with a reason for the answer considering it worked fine on the first couple of Unity 5 releases. I'm currently using 5.1.2p2. I won't be releasing my 3D project for a while, so I'm fine with waiting for it to get sorted out. But my 2D project I have switched back to the Unreal Engine using Paper2D. I would rather pay 5% royalties then have "Trial Version" showing on my professional builds.