Search Unity

TOZ Clouds

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aubergine, Feb 11, 2016.

1. aubergine

aubergine

Cheap, fast and fancy animated clouds and sky for day/night cycles.

This package imitates 3d Clouds using 2d textures and lighting. And also controls fog and environment lighting when used in day/night cycles

Works on mobile and desktop.
    Compatible with Single Pass Stereo Rendering.
    Compatible with GPU Instancing.
    WEBPLAYER

Buy From:
    ASSETSTORE

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Consider showing your customers moving examples (video) of your animated clouds. Showing still images of an animated package doesn't "promote" the animated feature of the asset very well.

3. gecko

gecko

Is it possible to make the clouds move in a circular direction, as if inside a hurricane?

4. aubergine

aubergine

I think so, yes. But that requires a new shader and probably a different sky mesh.
    Let me work on it and will update this page if i succeed.

5. kerrmedia

kerrmedia

how is this with the latest Unity versions? The video looks great, but the web demo page has an error.

6. aubergine

aubergine

İt already Works with 5.6 ,didnt try it with 5.6.1 but i dont expect any trouble there.
    More importantly, next Update is Ready and ill submit it asap.

Package is on 24hour sales now, so you can take Advantagee of 30% discount today. You wont regret in anyways.

7. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

Your website seems to be down.

8. kerrmedia

kerrmedia

I had a browser bug yesterday and thought I missed the sale, but it looks like I was able to purchase it. I really liked what I saw in the video, I'll try it out tonight.

9. scarpelius

scarpelius

@aubergine Hi, I've run into a problem with the shader, for distant objects the dome will render over them. Is there a way to make the clouds render behind any object in the scene?

clouds.jpg

10. aubergine

aubergine

Hello,

New update does it automatically which I will submit this week, but it will take long time until it is accepted.
    Meanwhile, you can overcome this issue by scaling the skydome mesh(s) to cover whole are on xz axis and scale the uvs on the material(s) accordingly.

11. scarpelius

scarpelius

I'll wait.
    Already scaled the the meshes, more than that and it will go over the camera far clipping plane. The clouds object is following the player, that's why is not covering all the terrain.

12. aubergine

aubergine

Already submitted v2.0 to the store and waiting for review now. It generally takes around 2-4 weeks.

Here is a video showing how it Works.

13. scarpelius

scarpelius

This made my day :D

Major bug fixes and enchantments, refer to readme file.

14. aubergine

aubergine

I think your issue is solved with this update. Next update will bring new features, such as clouds casting shadows.

15. scarpelius

scarpelius

I will test it as soon as I get a moment free.
    BTW, you didn't get my point :)
    enchantments = büyüler (google translate)

It should have read
    Major bug fixes and enhancements, refer to readme file.

16. aubergine

aubergine

Oh right, well actually there is some magic involved if you check the shader code :p

17. ryschawy

ryschawy

Hi, I just updated the asset and might have tricked myself. Before the asset update I did see clouds. After the update things have stopped working: no more clouds :-( I'm running 5.5 and it seems the updated version only supports 5.6. Anything I can do to make it work in 5.5.?

18. aubergine

aubergine

Actually, there is 1 or 2 5.6 specific things in the new update.
    So you must revert back to previous version if you still have it somewhere, if not i can pack it up and send to you.

However, i suggest to use the new version (if you can).

19. ryschawy

ryschawy

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I have backups of the previous versions, but I might wait using the clouds until the update of my project to 5.6 is done. The main reason for the update of the clouds was to see if I can get better results for my 4096m x 4096m terrain regarding stretching at the clouds dome edges. Right now I have to use a rather huge dome to spawn the mountains at the terrain borders. This to prevent ugly cloud dome mountain intersections.

20. ryschawy

ryschawy

I just tried the 2.0 version on the 5.6 project and I can say that the clouds look really nice. Also the depth sorting issues are fixed. The clouds nicely stay behind the mountains, no more cloud mountain clipping. Thanks.

21. aubergine

aubergine

Yeah, with the new version, clouds are always rendered between the skybox and any other geometry with a tiny hack.
    Keep in mind that its a unity bug, if they fix it in future releases, the shader is bound to change as well.

22. aubergine

aubergine

There is a new update on the way with a new atmospheric scattering shader optimised for mobile and smoothly blends with a backdrop image such as stars for the night view.
    This new scattering shader Works only with GAMMA color space, no support for LINEAR.

With the help of this new sky shader, now we can take full control of the atmospheric environment with fog/clouds blending and suitable lights for scene.

I will submit this new update in a few days.

23. aubergine

aubergine

Just submitted the new 3.1 update. It will be alive in a few days.

24. aubergine

aubergine

New update 3.2 on the way, it does bring 1 very useful feature for the scattering atmosphere shader and that is Haze.
    This is necessary for fake volumetrics that you can have with HDRP with the standard pipeline with 100x the speed even on mobile.

I will update the package in a few days.

Usual sky:
    1.png

Haze:
    2.png

More Haze:
    3.png

Fibonaccov likes this.
  25. aubergine

aubergine

This package is 50% OFF as per the new year sale.

26. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

@aubergine 3.2 hasn't been submitted?
    Can you fly through the volumetric clouds?

27. aubergine

aubergine

Phew, i forgot to submit :(

Will do asap.

Clouds are not volumetric, they are 2d clouds with 3d lighting. So they are only good from top or bottom, not inside.
    But as for any game and not a cloud simulation, volumetric clouds are not good at all. You can fake it with particles.

Fibonaccov likes this.
  28. aubergine

aubergine

The package is on New Year Sale with 50% OFF. And if you use the coupon code HELLO2022, you will get an additional 5% discount.

29. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

Still no 3.2 in the store FYI.

30. aubergine

aubergine

Yeah, i know. Sorry about that. I was focused too much on TOZ Planet Renderer and the dynamic weather and clouds are interconnected. The update is finished long ago but couldnt find time to submit it. Will do asap.

31. aubergine

aubergine

Ok, sorry for the long delay. Its been a busy month.
    Just submitted the new 3.2 update with haze support for both clouds and custom procedural sky.
    Although the demo doesnt show much, if you play around, you will see its awesome and if you write some custom weather changing state machine, you will see how easy it is to have dynamic sky.

32. aubergine

aubergine

3.2 is alive on the assetstore now, you can download.

33. aubergine

aubergine

Here is a short video about the new haze feature.