Search Unity

Toon shaders, tessellated and bump mapped

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Wolfos, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Wolfos

Wolfos

Edit (18/2/2013): Added a terrain shader. Scroll down for instructions on how to use.
    Edit (16/10/2013): Fixed a bug with the tessellated and bumped shaders.

Unity has some fantastic toon shaders in one of the default packages, but what frustrated me is that there was only diffuse.
    So, I made 2 more shaders based on Toon/Lighted, one with DirectX11 tessellation displacement and one with bump mapping.

The package also includes the default Toon/Lighted shader because it's required for fallback.

I hope it's useful to someone.

Webplayer

Here is a picture of the shaders in action, I exaggarated the displacement so it was more visible.

Disclaimer:
    These are just edited versions of shaders in the default Unity assets. I didn't write them from scratch.
    They require a Toon Ramp texture which is attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  2. spinaljack

spinaljack

Thanks for that. The attachment doesn't seem to want to download though. Maybe a link instead?

3. Wolfos

Wolfos

4. spinaljack

spinaljack

nice work :)

5. Wolfos

Wolfos

Added a terrain shader that only works with the new Unity 4 terrain materials. It's a modified version of the builtin terrain bumpmapped shader so it also supports bumpmaps.

Basically, you make a material and call it whatever you want it (I call it 'TerrainMat'), assign the new shader (Nature/Terrain/Toon), assign the Toon Ramp and in Terrain Settings you drag the material to the 'Material' slot.

6. ob103ninja

ob103ninja

I am highly aware of the age of this thread, but that snapshot looks like Zelda Windwaker.

7. Wolfos

Wolfos

Yeah, you could call it fan art. Here's a nicer render of this scene:

ob103ninja likes this.