Search Unity

Toon Series [growing content; stylized 3D art]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by marincastefan, Apr 6, 2017.

?

What would you like to see added in the Toon Series?

Poll closed May 28, 2020.
  1. Trains, railroads and related

20 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Construction vehicles and tools, construction yard

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. Ships and shipyard

17 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. industrial town or district

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. Space station with rocket platform

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  6. Oil platform, drills and derricks

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  7. Nature props, mountains, cabins,

21 vote(s)
    30.9%
  8. Desert environment, solar panels, tropical vegetation

24 vote(s)
    35.3%
  9. Racing kit + cars (F1 style, monster trucks, rally cars)

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  10. Interior pack (different rooms and sizes, furniture, appliances, etc)

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. marincastefan

marincastefan

Forum Banner.png

Hello everyone,​

A short introduction to what will (hopefully) be a very large collection of stylized art packages available for the Asset Store:
    The first milestone for this endeavor is the creation of an expansive modern world in a stylized look, that should look good both on mobile and PC.

The reasoning behind this decision is that I've been searching for a while for 3d art packages for my game that are matching in style, and while there are some amazing opportunities for great prices and really beautiful visuals, I often find myself wanting more content.

So the next step was starting to create said world for myself and to share it on the store too.
    Due to the overall very large size and also pricing considerations, the whole world will be split into multiple smaller packages.

For starters I've compiled a rough list that contains the content that will be added to the world:

1. Toon Vehicles [Released]. Find it HERE
    2. Toon Planes [Released]. Find it HERE
    3. Toon City [Released] Find it HERE
    4. Toon Racing [Released] Find it HERE
    5. Toon Industries [Released] Find it HERE
    6. Toon Military Vehicles
    7. Toon Military Base
    As things progress, items will be added to the list and changes may appear (hopefully influenced by the community).

Note: Every model uses Unity's free toon shader and it utilizes 2 very small textures (128 px).

TL;DR: A huge, 3D stylized series of packages will be coming soon to the Asset Store!!

Thanks for your interest and as soon as things start to take shape with the next package, I will post more screenshots.

Don't hesitate to make suggestions, requests or contact me if you have issues with the packs. :cool:

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      732.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      673.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      744.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    CoyoteFringe, kfirmon and tranhiepvn like this.
  2. marincastefan

marincastefan

Had a few delays with the Toon City Pack, but it's back on track and scheduled next week for submission. Until then, here are some screenshots from the almost finished product.
    Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 1.01.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 12.53.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 12.55.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 12.55.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 12.20.52 PM.png

CoyoteFringe, kfirmon and Arkade like this.
  3. marincastefan

marincastefan

Some progress screenshots from the Toon Racing package. Cars are done, now I'm working on the track building pieces. In a week or so, it should be ready for submission. Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 2.04.14 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 5.37.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 10.00.24 PM.png

4. Canoide

Canoide

This asset is very good, I buy to make games for mobiles. But objects have many vertices.

5. marincastefan

marincastefan

The assests may have a few more vertices than usual, but they work very well on mobile devices. In performance testing, the slightly larger number of vertices is compensated by the fact that the textures are very small (128x128).
    Let me know if I can assist you further.

6. R1PFake

R1PFake

Hey the toon racing pack looks interessting, do you have any screenshots of the tracks?

7. marincastefan

marincastefan

I've missed this post for some reason, so with due delay, here are some track screenshots (taken from the official screenshots that were submitted with the package).

5.png 4.png 9.png 15.png

SamRock and R1PFake like this.
  8. R1PFake

R1PFake

Looks awesome!
    I have experience with rpg type games mostly, but no experience with racing games/controls, but i think i will have to try/buy this after my current rpg project, because i like the style :D

marincastefan likes this.
  9. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

The cars are rigged?

10. marincastefan

marincastefan

Hello,
    All the parts that are separated have pivot points at logical positions, but there is no rigging, as I saw no need, given that are so many physics engines on the store.

EstudioVR likes this.
  11. marincastefan

marincastefan

12. R1PFake

R1PFake

Looks awesome! Added to wishlist for future project :)

13. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

14. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Just bought it! :)

15. brettboring

brettboring

Added Toon Racing to wishlist and will buy in the future.
    Just curious as to wether or not you have plans to expand the tracks to include dirt textures? Like a rallycross style of texture.
    Cheers!

marincastefan and Greg-Bassett like this.
  16. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Here is a shot of the demo track scene, absolutely gorgeous stuff!!!! Love it!!!

toonrace.png

17. marincastefan

marincastefan

Really glad you like it :)
    And thank for your purchase!

Greg-Bassett likes this.
  18. marincastefan

marincastefan

Hello,
    To be honest, I haven't thought about it, but it's a good idea. Maybe something like dirty track pieces and some dirt ramps for the monster trucks too. I'll look into it and see if I can squeeze it in the first update. ;)

brettboring and Greg-Bassett like this.
  19. R1PFake

R1PFake

Maybe with a additional texture to convert the dirt to snow? :D (just a idea for a future update)

20. marincastefan

marincastefan

A quick update:
    Toon Industries is development and, according to the poll on top of the page, I've decided to add the trains & railroads in the package. The vehicles are almost done, next come the buildings and props and the railroad items.
    Also, after it's launch, I will update almost all the packs in Toon Series and add additional content where possible.

screen_1280x720_2017-12-15_16-13-58.png screen_1280x720_2017-12-15_16-18-20.png screen_1280x720_2017-12-15_16-19-57.png

21. marincastefan

marincastefan

After numerous delays, I've finally submitted "Toon Industries" for approval. Until it's approved, I'll post some screenshots from the official presentation. Feedback is always appreciated :)
    1.png 3.png 5.png 6.png 8.png

22. tranhiepvn

tranhiepvn

Hello, I just bought your Toon City. Thanks for nice asset. Anyway do have an asset for WAR something like this https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/106992. I bought this asset but I don't like it much. I like your style because prefabs are still low-poly but they look very beautiful. Thanks again for your hard work.

23. marincastefan

marincastefan

First of all, thanks for your purchase.
    A military pack is what I was planning on doing next in this series. However I haven't decided between a modern style, or maybe a WW2 style.
    Either way, it should contain military vehicles, a couple of aircraft and some environment elements, like a base, bunkers and some destroyed buildings and rubble.
    However, I'm not planning on adding soldiers to it. (rigging + animations would make the package too expensive and too time consuming for me).

24. tranhiepvn

tranhiepvn

Thank you very much for your reply. I like modern style but I think you may have two separate assets for each style :).
    It is best if the "ditch" prefab included (I'm always impression for soldiers run under the ditch when fighting), buildings have normal and damaged states. It is wonderful if animations for changing from normal to damaged states included as well.
    I already bought this https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/52220 for soldiers but you can have a separate asset for soldiers. I like your artist style very much. So I will definitely buy one if you have it. I think everyone who want to make a war game may like and buy it as well :)

25. marincastefan

marincastefan

26. tranhiepvn

tranhiepvn

27. marincastefan

marincastefan

A Toon City update should be available soon, once the Asset Store team approves it.

Already in the works, are updates for Toon Vehicles, Toon Racing and Toon Industries.

23.png 24.png 25.png 32.png 37.png

28. penneyworth1

penneyworth1

Dear Sics Games,
    I love the Toon City set and I want to buy it, but I was wondering if you'd ever consider combining all the small 128x128 textures into a few large 2048x2048 atlases. Perhaps you could combine all the vehicles and buildings into one texture/material, and put everything else in another. I'd pay extra if there could be a version like this with large texture atlases instead of one material per item. Thanks!

29. marincastefan

marincastefan

Replied via email.
    Thanks ;)

30. greene_tea92

greene_tea92

Hey Sics Games, I bought your "Toon City" asset awhile ago. Any way I could turn the curved roads into a sharp L shape? It'd save me a lot of work and time. Thanks man. I'm loving the asset btw. ;)

31. marincastefan

marincastefan

Replied via e-mail, thanks :)

32. tranhiepvn

tranhiepvn

Dear SICS Games, do you have an ETA for "Toon Military Vehicles" and "Toon Military Base" assets?

33. marincastefan

marincastefan

I would say 6 weeks for the vehicles and another 4 weeks for the military base, but I might group them together and wrap it up early, depending on my workload in the next few weeks.

DrOcto and tranhiepvn like this.
  34. tranhiepvn

tranhiepvn

35. rewagames

rewagames

Hey @marincastefan
    I bought your toon cars pack last month. Is there any plan to add motorcycles with riders. Or even a new pack with motorcycles and riders ?
    I looked around a lot but couldn't find anything that matches the style.

36. marincastefan

marincastefan

Hey!
    Thanks for your purchase! At the moment I'm a bit swamped with a new series that I will be launching soon, and updates for Toon Racing and the upcoming Toon Military. Though I could add it to the road map as a free update for Toon Racing, since that's the only pack that has riders so far.
    However, it might take a few months to make it.

37. rewagames

rewagames

Hey @marincastefan , Thanks.
    Anyways I had to park my racing game until I find good bikes and riders.
    I meant Toon Vehicles when i said toon cars in previous comment. But its fine if u add it to toon racing or even a new pack as long as it has multiple types of bikes and riders. Also if u can make them customizable that will be awesome.
    Will wait for the new update. Cheers.

38. Flawless83

Flawless83

can you show us some photos of the military pack, im really exited, already own many of the other toon assets so curious on how the military package will be.

39. marincastefan

marincastefan

Hey!
    Sorry for the late reply, I'm out of office for a few days. The only thing I have to show until I get back to work is a screenshot that I found in a skype conversation: Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 3.15.55 AM.png

40. lobothijau

lobothijau

Is it possible to modify the assets?

41. R1PFake

R1PFake

Maybe offtopic - but can you please put your images (atleast for your new posts) in a spoiler tag or something, because currently the page takes really long to load on my browser ;)

42. marincastefan

marincastefan

Will do! Thanks for the suggestion ;)

43. marincastefan

marincastefan

The assets can be modified, but it depends on what you have in mind. If it's the colors, then with minimal knowledge of Photohop, you can change pretty much everything visually. If you want to change geometry, then 3d modeling skills are required.
    In the future, I'd like to provide the packs with their own toon shader, where there will be options to edit colors and other settings, but that would be a pretty large task at the moment, and I can't put an estimate on it.

44. Flawless83

Flawless83

any updates on the industrial, vehicles and military pack.

45. marincastefan

marincastefan

Hello,

The pack is almost ready for launch, most of the work is already done. However, lately I had some personal issues that took me away from asset developing and I just couldn't find the time to complete it.

I'm sorry for the delay. :)

DrOcto likes this.
  46. Flawless83

Flawless83

how is the military package, is it close to release?

47. marincastefan

marincastefan

The Military pack should be ready for submission in the next 4-5 days, hopefully it won't be long until it will be available.

DrOcto likes this.
  48. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

Hello guys,

Any news for next release ... new packages or addon/rework of existing packages ?

49. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

I really like your style and your creations. I definitely become a huge fan after you send me "toon cars" as a gift. Since that I bought "toon city", "toon planes" and "toon racing". I love them all. Want more.

50. Hermetes

Hermetes

Hello! I love your art Design! I´m not tired to view that. Can we have a gas staion for the toon city , maybe?

ATeam_Production and DrOcto like this.