Search Unity

To Web Master: Unity Certified Developer Courseware BUGS report and posible solutions

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by AlanMattano, Sep 28, 2016.

1. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Ok there are a lot of bugs using the Unity Certified Developer Courseware. And Unity5 Pro Perpetual licens.

This are bugs and solutions I found making the course and the Self Assessment exams. [Not the certification exam]
    • The correct answer result is shown by a white box or by the length of the hovering color. For example in chapters 14 15 16
    • When we press the "Self Assessment" link it starts the exam. And this is wrong for several reasons and bugs related. If we have done the exam, then is not shown the result and we are forced to make the exam one more time. For a better workflow, a solution can be that, if we press "Self Assessment" it goes to a page where is show the info of the last result, instead of the exam. If we didn't has a result, a simple message button that goes to the exam.
    • In chapter 02 of 20 > Section or sector 04 the 1° question is an image. If we click in the correct place slider, the button "next" does not pop up. Please make the button static (not hidden) and if do not choose a position and we press next then a message pops up asking for choosing a place in the image. In this way, the button is not hidden.
    • There is a big issue with the database. I was at the beginning the course and it tells me that I finish "Compleat" it with the result of my first exam.
    • The Database looks like it reset when we return back to the dashboard. Or is not saving the exam result.
    • If we close soon after we finish the exam then can trigger to a bad result in the exam result when we return back to that particular section. ( I think this bug now is fixed) double check.
    • The average, results, are not correct because not all the data save into the database.
    • In some videos, there is full screen and in others, there is time speed. And both are needed.
    • The speed 1,1 1,3 or 0,8 0,9 is missing, and when is set up (example 1,5) is not conserved in the next video.
    • Extra 30sec back button so we can listen one more time the last 30s of the video.
    • When is full screen, a play next is a good feature, that is missing in the course.
    • When is full screen, a continuous playing next [do not stop] is a good feature that is missing in this course. And this is important since we use to do other when we look the videos. In this way, we do not need to be at the pc clicking infinite times. And we can look all the course in just one click while we are painting, modelling, etc..
    • The video audio level changes in each video and we need to correct our volumes. If is possible to set the same volume in each web page via html5 script by the web master.
    • suggestion: A Smaller title on top can make the video bigger. looks like the title link is linked to nowhere.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. dshimmyo

dshimmyo

Hi, I'm stuck in Chapter 2 Section 4 which is described above. I've clicked all over the image especially the icon scaling widget in the lower right corner. I'm running in Chrome and Safari in MacOSX, Linux, and IOS. I'll try windows 10 when I get home. Any ideas? I value the self assessment sections a lot more than the videos.

3. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Yeah, the same spot is broken for me, too.

4. DavesHereMan

DavesHereMan

Hi - I've just completed the intro (Chapter 1), now the entire course is showing as completed and I can't access any more content.

5. LZielinski

LZielinski

Hi everyone, can you please e-mail certification@unity3d.com with your experience? We're currently looking into this issue and any repro you may have (and screen shots) would be appreciated!

Thanks, and sorry for the issues are you encountering.