Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tizen Mobile App Incentive Program!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Buhlaine, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

@maxinteractive - same here. finally the mysterious office was open and my documents went in. lets see what is next :)

_geo__ likes this.
  2. prernamalik

prernamalik

That is fine , one more confusion here is that do we need to apostille the certificate of residence mandatory ???
    If the certificate of residence is issued in English from Taxation authority do we still need to get the all three copies apostilled?

3. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

@prernamalik - Yes - I think you need to apostile the certificate of residence. I was asked by Tizen Incentive to do this although my certificates were in English (bilingual to be exact).

4. bombejack

bombejack

Yes, they want us to legalize Certficate of Residence by Apostile. Apostiled docs are eligible to send overseas. We have to apostile every ORIGINAL unit of Certificate of Residence otherwise it will be not valid for authorities in Korea.

Yes, it is frustrating but seems it is normal way in case docs sent overseas.

And great thanks for pl_ayground for help.

5. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

Today is the last working day of April, I wonder if anyone from the Feb Top 100 Winners got their award already?

As per TizenIncentive website: "Awards will be distributed between the time of the Top 100 announcement and the end of the following month." - which makes end of April as the deadline for Feb Top 100 Winners.

6. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Just got an answer from Tizen support asking them the same thing. According to that, they will pay at the second week of may since 1-5 May is public holiday in Korea.

7. _geo__

_geo__

I am still waiting for my apostilled documents from my gov. agency. Don't even have a "go" for shipping my documents yet :-(

What's all this "finally the mysterious office was open and my documents went in" stuff about? It's quite an undertaking to get these original documents and then they will not accept them or what? How did you get your postal service to try to deliver them multiple times?

8. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_geo__ Apparently, DHL failed to deliver the documents to Tizen Office for couple of days and they think the office was closed during those attempts. For my documents, I used Fedex and took 4 working days for them to deliver and had no problem. As soon as the documents reached Korea, it was delivered.

It's kind of strange though how different goverments handle the same thing very differently. Getting an apostille here is the easiest of all other steps. You just go and ask them to attach an apostille to the documents. Takes 5 minutes at most.

milkymomo and _geo__ like this.
  9. _geo__

_geo__

Haha that would be nice. Here it's actually three different agencies who all have to sign and "stamp" the document and in between the will all send it to back me to sign as well. After that I have to pay about $20 per document and then I should be good to got (I am down to the last agency now) - keeping my fingers crossed :D

Thanks for the insight on the shipping process. Did you get any confirmation of delivery from Samsung (other than the tracking codes of DHL/Fedex)?

10. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_geo__
    Yes, I did. Frst of all, Fedex writes down the name of the person who takes the documents. I also sent an e-mail to Tizen support asking about the payment. They told me they have my documents and they started the "incentive provision procedure" which I assume is the payment process, but unfortunately it's holiday there from now to 5th of May so they said they'll "provide the provision" on the second week of the May.

_geo__ likes this.
  11. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

@OnurYIL lucky you - they tend not to reply to my emails. Each and every one seemed like a prepared template :) Good to hear there is at least some reply.

12. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

They have replied to all of my e-mail to this day. I always send throgh the notification mail though. I reply to it when I need to ask something instead of just starting a new convo.

milkymomo likes this.
  13. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Those Tizen guys work late into the nights, and i receive reply emails like 10pm korean time.
    So, I suspect it's DHL issues for delivery failures on consecutive days @3pm.
    Whereas UPS, Fedex are successful on first attempt.

Your local postal service typically outsource to local couriers with varying standards. It's recommended to use UPS, Fedex or DHL, costing slightly more...

14. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Did anyone here successfully release a game with Unity 5.6 for Tizen?
    My game got rejected because it didn`t start. But i tested it with Emulator and Samsung Remote Lab and it worked there.

Has anyone the same issue?

15. bombejack

bombejack

Make sure you don't use SD Card or some properties connected with SIM card. Devices on RTL don't expose either sd or sim card.

16. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

No, i'm not using these. And my other Apps just got approved so it's also not a problem with my Unity version... very strange :/

17. bombejack

bombejack

Sometimes QA Team returns log file in certification zip file. It would help you to find what causes the problem.

18. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Yes, i looked trough it and found this, guess this is the problem:
    But honestly i don`t really know how to "fix" this...

19. creat327

creat327

I have given up on Tizen. Everything I send for certification is rejected under some lame rule. So my games are published on Samsung Dev, google, apple, steam, Microsoft... and yet, it's impossible to get them to pass Tizen certification no matter how many hoops I jump and changes from suggestions I make. After over 3 months, I decided it's not worth it, they are a nightmare to deal with.

20. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

It is 10th of May already - anyone got any email from Tizen folks in May? I have yet another unanswered email on my end. No wire transfer. Silence.

21. zugsoft

zugsoft

We would like to inform you that participation approval process, customer support, and announcement of April Top 100 might be delayed due to public holidays.

- Participation approval process & Customer Support might be delayed from 1st to 5th of May.
    - April Top 100 will be announced on May 16th.

22. zugsoft

zugsoft

I have now 6 games on the Tizen Store, and 0 game in the top100.
    I don't understand the logic anymore, you have a lot of stupid and ugly games and applications in the Top 100.

MrEsquire and milkymomo like this.
  23. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Holiday was until 5th. Now it's 10th. They said they will start the payment process on the second week of May, yet, nothing has been done yet.

It's the middle of the week though, lets wait and see. Still, even if they issue the payment right now, people outside of Korea probably won't have it until the next monday.

Yukihirotkyo likes this.
  24. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Why are you surprised, look at some of my posts explaining the issue..

25. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Got another e-mail today. Here it is. Almost exactly same as the previous one.

_geo__, milkymomo and maxinteractive like this.
  26. _geo__

_geo__

I finally got my OK to send the documents (yay).
    That's a pretty long address (gu... woot?) :D
    I have now spent a few hundred bucks on documents and shipping alone :-/

Has anyone already got some money?

Here are some hints for my fellow AUSTRIAN developers (maybe this is usefull for others too):

> ZS-AE is the "Certificate of Residence**" you are looking for: https://service.bmf.gv.at/service/anwend/formulare/show_mast.asp?s=ZS-AE - It costs about 30€ each. You need it three times in ORIGINAL. Contact your local tax office through the "Finanz Online" System. Then send it to Vienna, get it back, pay the gov. fee and you are good to go. You may want to call the gov agency in Vienna to make sure they know what this is all about (it really helps).
    ** Don't bother with a notary (I did). Tizen will reject these (they did). I repeat: you need three original documents, with one original apostille each!

> I was told by my accountant that: yes, you will have to pay full income tax and social security for it (about 40-50% of the gross amount). If Tizen does not accept your ZS-AE docs you might still be able to deduct the tax paid in Korea from the amount you will have to pay in Austria (he wasn't sure about it though, so I didn't want to take the risk). As always: this is no legal advice, just some help for you ;-)

Hope all the winners get their rewards soon.
    Cheers!

milkymomo likes this.
  27. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ They accepted my notarized copies though? They also said that they have to be original english or translated and notarized.

28. _geo__

_geo__

Yeah, you are right. I had them notarized but not yet apostilled at the time. I figured it was worth a try to send them without apostilles but it seems you can't cheat bureaucracy ;-)
    My docs were bilingual from the start, thus I guess the translation/notarization stuff isn't necessary for me. That's what I meant with: "don't bother with a notary if you are from austria", you don't need it. Just get the apostilles.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  29. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ Yeah haha, apostille must be the most important part of the document since that's what it makes the document accepted by the foreign goverments.

30. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

This month, i'm watching and experience the exact same issue, the apps disappears from the listing after hitting 20k.
    And download plunges 80% ;-(

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Yukihirotkyo likes this.
  31. _geo__

_geo__

Same here - really weird.
    Though, if it weren't for the challenge, I would say that's cool because they keep you in the "new free" category until you have 20k, so everyone get's a chance (nice) - but in terms of the incentive competition it's a real bummer.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Yukihirotkyo and maxinteractive like this.
  32. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Guess, last month i was luck, as the download maintained at consistent level or did not cross the the 20k mark.

Another observation. Recently, upgraded to U5.6 (what a mess) and Tizen2.4, and the device supported is 2 less. (14/16)
    Since then i have not seem any daily traffic going above 4k. So beware....potentially there is still a handful of 2.3 tizen arounds.

33. _geo__

_geo__

34. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ Even with the 20k stuff, got one in the april top 100 with around 39k downoads.

maxinteractive likes this.
  35. _geo__

_geo__

Yeah, we got one in at my company as well with 39k. One wih 31k didn't make it :-/

36. sisusisu

sisusisu

So what is the cut off 35k or 39K ?

37. sisusisu

sisusisu

did anyone with 35K made it ? I had one with 30k which didn't made it.

38. _geo__

_geo__

From the 39 and 31 and the position of the 39k app I calculated that the cut off should be around 35k, no exact number of course (it's all estimates).

OnurYIL and maxinteractive like this.
  39. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

There goes another week without payment. I wonder what their reason going to be for this one. I'm thinking, "We released Z4 please understand provision will be delayed next week thank you"

Yukihirotkyo and maxinteractive like this.
  40. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Agreed, the provisioning process is more then double their usual efficiency....
    Suspect they release in batches, and waiting for the last few documents to arrive.

41. _geo__

_geo__

These could be my docs (they are still in transit) :D - Though, I hope not.

42. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

They will soon state that Feb incentive provisioning is delayed as they just started March incentive provisioning. Which itself will be late due to April one.

43. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Delayception. Every winner will be paid at the end of 2017(!)

milkymomo likes this.
  44. Wadjey

Wadjey

Welcome to the tizen platform :D

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    milkymomo likes this.
  45. andi-1990

andi-1990

I hope you are joking

milkymomo and Yukihirotkyo like this.
  46. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

I hope I do too.

47. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

I started feel that Tizen competition is a scam , they collected our info and disappeared

Wadjey and maxinteractive like this.
  48. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Don't ever plant this lousy idea, pls delete all related posts.

49. lozinka81

lozinka81

I have just notice brilliant way for winning prize here. You know that you should not deceive users with fake apps/games, with misleading screenshots and game name. You will gain a lot of downloads but your game will not gonna pass review. We have learn so far that we need 40K download to get the prize.What if we create such fake app, publish it, gain 40K downloads and then change the name and all deceiving parts from that game, and after all that apply for incentive!!!

We can see example in picture below.

This company have publish "talking" game that is in fact does not have anything in common with talking games. It does not record/play voice. It does not even request recording voice privilege! They call it "Talking Best Friends".
    And they are in Top 100 free for some time now. I guess they have more than 40K downloads because they have just change all "fake" parts of their game and they will now apply for incentive with new name "Playing Best Friends".

So there it is. Why don't we all do the same. It is easy money after all!

Attached Files:

• Scam.jpg
      Scam.jpg
      File size:
      273.3 KB
      Views:
  50. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

I believe Broccoli (and Samsung) are not that stupid and they look into release history for an app to assess apart from "current app state". Spotting each and every fake app in the monthly Top100 is 10k less cost for the Tizen Incentive. They must be doing something there that makes them unable to issue a wire transfer for Feb winners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.