Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tizen Mobile App Incentive Program!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Buhlaine, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

I understood your Great theory that no one in the world noticed it before you Mr Genius , but I'm asking is this unity asset made by you ?

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Its not a theory, and this asset not made by me, I didnt claim it was...
    So I guess the game is probably yours hence the rude reaction to my reply.
    Good luck

3. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

Oh do you think your first reply was not rude ? this game is not mine i don't create this kinds of games and i did not even participate in March I'm waiting to see whats gonna happen with February prizes , why don't you create some apps instead of giving great theories and guesses? are you developer ?

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Again you dont understand what I'm saying, so I will not reply further to yourself as I can see from all you replies your not understanding alot.

If you read my first comment its actually not a theory, the template I have seen on the Unity asset store.
    I was saying the sellers of the asset could make money if they release there own version of game.
    There was nothing rude about that, the competition obviously has some flaws, but I think now Tizen monitoring and seeing what is happening. Its a shame because people who spent long time making a really excellent game in Unity do not get much app visibility.

5. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Let's keep it on topic.

milkymomo and maxinteractive like this.
  6. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

March cut-off is between 35k - 40k. To reach top20, you need > 110k.

The "sour-grape", is that my feb winning games was featured almost every week, and the download is even better post winning ;-(
    If this trends continues, eventually you will need >80k to be in top100!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    milkymomo likes this.
  7. prernamalik

prernamalik

yes the cut off seems to be around 35k.

8. _geo__

_geo__

Has anyone who won in feb got a reply from tizen except the "..checking your documents internally.." e-mail?

9. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

No I have not

10. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Sent another e-mail yesterday. Got the same response. Checking internally, will ask for documents in "near future". Wonder how they will pay at the end of the April.

11. _geo__

_geo__

Got a response today: it seems I forgot to sign the invoice (had to resend it), so they are definitely working on it :)

12. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ Well, good to hear that. Still wondering how they are going to pay by the end of the April though :)

13. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

got a response too, today!

14. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

15. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

NO response on the feb incentives either, patiently waiting....
    But received second chaser for feb interviews

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  16. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

Please send the original documents via express mail such as DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc., to the address below.
    original documents: invoice, pledge, confirmation and scanned ID. that's all. and i'm already sent it.

maxinteractive likes this.
  17. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@Yukihirotkyo nice!

But now I'm wondering why you are the only one amongst us that got such e-mail.

18. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

Maybe they respond in a random order, maybe I sent them earlier. Do not worry, soon they will answer you too!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    milkymomo likes this.
  19. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

The reason only you or a few got the confirmation might be the lack of tax documents. It probably takes more to confirm tax documents.

20. prernamalik

prernamalik

Got a reply today. My certificate of residence was not in correct format. Need to submit that again.

21. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

FINAL GREEN LIGHT! WHAT A RELIEF!!! Back to development....

QUOTE -
    Please send the original documents via express mail such as DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc., to the address below. (Do not send it through the local post office abroad)

Once you have made a shipment, please send us an email with a tracking code.

22. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

I also got the confirmation a few minutes ago, finally.

23. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

No COR required for march winners :)
    Suspect Tizen office read this forum, and knew all our pain points...

24. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@maxinteractive there shouldn't be any need for COR anymore once you send it. Since it's a confirmation from your gov. to their gov. that you pay your taxes in your country.

25. Hofik

Hofik

We have added dozens of games to our store.

Our experience with Tizen store. Recently, Tizen Store kicks out our games from the "NEW FREE"

If the game has about 20 downloads, it immediately disappears from the NEW FREE section no matter how long it is there. For example, tizen kicked out our game for 4 days after releasing it has reached 21k downloads. This is how we kicked out at least 10 games. After that, the game almost does not download.

Games that are not download are in the news free for a long time until they reach 20k downloads.

But for winning you need a lot more so it's a problem. For example, google play lets games in the NEW FREE section no matter how much they have to download for 30 days.

Another problem is that Tizen store often promotes tizen store games on top of their top 100 games.

Those games have lots of downloads and win again and again for months. But they are eliminated because they have won. Then they can not win new games and Tizen does not have to pay rewards.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  26. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

I also experienced what @Hofik said this month. For first 5 days, my game got 5k average daily downloads and almost at the top of the new free. The next day, it disappears, daily download count down to 500.

I thought it was because of the recent Unity version update so I updated my game. The day the update was released, got 4k downloads. The next day however, back to 500. And now it's worse, down to 200.

27. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Let's wait and see if anyone else experienced the same.

One other thing I see is that they keep promoting my previous as well as the new games on the stores OTHER than India, which is the biggest market for Tizen. The promotion, of course, does nothing. Maybe 5-10 extra downloads and that's all.

28. skaljac

skaljac

I have exactly the same problem. I had around 3-4k downloads a day, and after 21k downloads the game was not in new free any more. One day it was number 6 in new free and tomorrow I can't find it anywhere in any list. So naturally I have around 500 downloads a day now. I guess that they are doing some selection manually. I think that this is only explanation. I can see that some other games was put on top free list and then removed from new free. And that is ok, but some of them are just simply removed from new free.
    I can see that there are some really nice games on the store every day. So I guess that they can afford to manually select who they gonna keep in lists and therefore who will gonna win.

29. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

Same here. I thought it was because of the crowded market. Due to tizen incentive.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  30. prernamalik

prernamalik

Same happened to my 4 apps. My apps were in top 100 with good number of downloads. Suddenly apps removed from top 100 and new free apps also. I thought may be i violated some rules. But not sure waht was the reason.

31. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Got mixed results in april, so i tot it's just another bad month....or the bar has raised...or unity patches for all device supports
    From my observation, indeed tizen store rotated off the high DL ones, and kept the struggling ones ;-(

<- Still trying hard to reproduce the voodoo indian snake oil magic formula for >5k/day...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  32. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

I got to "Please send the original documents via express mail such as DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc., to the address below." step as well and now DHL is struggling to deliver the documents it seems. The package status update from today is "Consignee premises closed as of: April 24, 2017 15:10". Anyone got their papers delivered already? Was there a similar issue or it was delivered at first attempt?

33. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Yes, have similar issue via DHL.

Monday, April 24, 2017 Location Time Piece
    16 Delivery attempted - consignee premises closed SEOUL - KOREA, REPUBLIC OF (SOUTH K.) 15:10
    1 Piece

Was panicking and double checking the recipient addresses...until i saw your post.
    DHL, will auto resend and hope their office is open by then...
    https://www.dhlparcel.be/en/busines...hird-delivery-attempt-redirection-or-return-0

dropped an email to inform then of the delivery status.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  34. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

I sent via UPS. Was delivered in 5 days, and some korean person got my documents in their office!

35. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

Thanks for update Yukihirotkyo - good to hear it worked for someone. I wonder if it took them long to issue the wire transfer when they got paper versions of the documents? Have you received yours already?

Seems my documents are stuck together with an envelope from maxinteractive. I also sent a note to info@tizen.... but got no reply yet.

36. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

I got nothing. Nor transfer nor a confirmation letter from them yet. But I patiently wait.

37. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

April 25, 2017 15:42 Seoul - Korea, Republic of Consignee premises closed

Did anyone got documents delivered either today or yesterday?

38. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

No luck today again....it's not public holiday in korea...very weird
    Never have this problems before.. or most likely a newbie delivery man!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 Location Time Piece
    18 Delivery attempted - consignee premises closed SEOUL - KOREA, REPUBLIC OF (SOUTH K.) 15:42
    1 Piece

Double check, can anyone help confirm again this is the delivery address ?

1F Dorothy BLDG, 12, Eonju-ro 151-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea, Tizen Mobile App Incentive Program OFFICE(Broccoli Company Ltd.) / Postcode 06026 / T. 82 2-518-9378

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  39. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

This is ridiculous. I tried calling that phone but got an automated message in Korean and a busy tone. Not sure if Samsung is aware of the level of service they present to indie devs here. When I reach my office I will try calling them again.

Any ideas how to reach Samsung and get this resolved? All the documents including ones that took a lot of effort to get (either at Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Tax Office) are now stuck at DHL warehouse :(

Update - called again (from Skype this time). Same automated response - I asked Google Translate what the automated message says: "I can not receive calls due to customer's circumstances".

@maxinteractive - yes, same address.

40. zugsoft

zugsoft

I think more and more to completely remove all games published on Tizen.

Wadjey and MrEsquire like this.
  41. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

thanks for the confirmation.

MrEsquire likes this.
  42. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I agree with you, the only reason ppl started making more for Tizen is because of this competition. They flooded the store with low quality games, yet the QA team so strict. Most of Tizen customers want free games only and no money or willing to pay, it would have been good if there was some proper advertising at least for the platform.
    Samsung have long way to go and fact that there office is closed to accept even deliveries, not great professionalism

43. prernamalik

prernamalik

Guys just need one info.... do we need to send original copies of certificate of incorporation or certificate of residence??

I guess only photocopies should be sent right?

This is in case we are a Corporate sellar

44. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

You have self-answered...
    Sent the scanned copies of certificate of incorporation and printed Certificate of residence.
    If you have not notarize or certified truth copies, just ignore it....as long as it the same as the approved scanned version.

45. bombejack

bombejack

Due to Incentive Program I sent Certificate of Residence issued by my tax authority. It is bilingual documents (in my case Polish and English) but guys from Incentive program needs stamps from Consul Confirmation from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the same from Korea Ambassady too !?! Did you meet the same requirements in your case? I am afraid it is not easy to get stamps from Consul and there are time limitations.

46. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@bombejack

In my case, I applied for a certification of residence through my tax authority. They issue 2 copies, 1 in local language and 1 in english. Since I needed 3 copies of the english one, I went to the notary, but they refused to copy the english document instead asked me to buy a translation service from them. I did that and they used the necessary stamps. Each of the 3 documents had english translation on front and original local language on the back. After that, I got them apostilled and scanned all of them. They accepted them and asked me to send the original documents through postal service.

47. bombejack

bombejack

Thanks for info. I need Apostile yet.

48. bombejack

bombejack

Just to confirm. Did you send 3x orignal documents of Certificate of Residence and Apostile 3x too? The None-Taxation-Exemption is no problem - we complete it personaly.

They said in 1st mail:
    Private seller and Corporate Seller – Three original copies of each of Application for Non-Taxation-Exemption, and Certificate of Residence.

49. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@bombejack
    Yes. I mean, the actual original Certificate of Residence was 1 copy. I had to notarize it to make 3 approved copies. Then, I got them apostilled, which is another document they will attach to the copies, 1 for each. Each of the certificate of residence will have 1 apostille attached to it. You will know when you go to get apostille for them. They'll do the job.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  50. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Disclaimer : I do not wish to add any confusion.

For my case, the quantity requested is different from the original 1st email.
    So, my advice just follow "EXACTLY" instructions in the final "Documents Required for the Provision of the in Incentive".

For the courier shipment matters, for whatever reasons it seems like their office is usually closed late afternoon (after 2 failures), mid morning delivery around after 11 a.m is successful. Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.