Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tizen Mobile App Incentive Program!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Buhlaine, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ Yep, those are the fields I was talking about. Thank you.

On last question for now. How much tax do koreans cut from the reward money?

2. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

I think the national iD the Social security number this is how is ti in my country, and because u r individual u dont have Certificate of residency so just send any official document shows ur address and ur Tax ID , that will be enough i think.

3. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

What is this document? , i did not receive this document .

4. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

3 original documents of “Application for Non-Taxation Exemption”

This should be in the e-mail.

Also, for certificate of residence, even though I'm an individual, I can and probably have to get the required document. The reason for that document is exactly why it's needed. With that, you're not bound to pay double tax. 1 for korean goverment and 1 for your own goverment. Almost every country have an agreement about the double tax issue. This is the purpose of said document.

No legal info though as _geo_ said, all this info is collected from internet.

5. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

the email i received does not contain these documents , maybe it depend on ur region there will be different docs.

6. _geo__

_geo__

@OnurYIL: Don't know how much they will tax you (in my form they had 22% prefilled) but overall my guess is that about 50% will go to taxes and other duties (social security in my country). I eastimate that about 4k-5k net will remain per 10k. It highly depends on your countries tax rates etc.

@cris_brown1010 It may be that those docs are region dependent. If you are not located in a treaty country then there is no point in applying for exemption, but I really don't know. You may want to ask them to clarify.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  7. zugsoft

zugsoft

I hope to be in the top100 in March, or at least in April, I submitted 5 games in total.
    I have a Tax ID and certificate of residence in Switzerland, the tax here is only 7% :D

8. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

G'day :) Don't worry mate!
    w're on the same boat, did not receive the “Application for Non-Taxation Exemption” either.

Received 3 template in the notification email:
    (1) Pledge
    (2) Invoice
    (3) Confirmation

Replied all the documents required, pending the COR. (outsourced to tax agent = $$$)
    Cross my finger...

9. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

What do they mean by 3 original documents? is that 3 copy or how can i make 3 original documents?

10. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ %50? The mail says that the MAX TAX will be %22 if you don't send all of the documents. 50 seems waaay too much, imo.

11. zugsoft

zugsoft

@OnurYIL
    22% is the tax from Korea.
    After you have to deduct tax from your country(Social assurance+ others)
    In France, if a company earn 100'000Euros per year, the government take 50-60%(for tax+social assurance+retirement+Unemployment insurance) + you have after to pay your citizen tax.
    So if you earn 100'000Euros with you company, you will get only 35'000Euros.

Do you still have thousands of downloads everyday with your games ?

12. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

I have won other app competitions too, never had %50-60 tax. The last time was probably less than %10. Probably depends on country but still, I don't believe %22 is the tax rate of Korea.

*IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE US 3 COPIES OF THEM, YOU MAY IMPOSE MAXIMUM 22% TAX RATE

This is in the e-mail. Which means, to me atleast, "if you do not provide us with the required tax documents, tax rate is %22".

13. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

i have a question when they asking for tax info , will they deduct the tax and send it to everyone's government or they will send you the full amount of incentive and you have to pay the tax at the end of the year ?

14. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Neither...
    From my previous experience with them, always double taxation. For this scenario, they will remit $7800 (after 22%) to my bank, and i have to file this amount for 2018 tax, which is another ~20% of $7800.

If i remember correctly, they used to pay from samsung US, and slap you with 30% withholding tax...Ouch!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  15. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

so it will be 22+20+30=72% Tax !!!!! LOL

if that what would happen i think no one would participate in this competition anymore.

16. milkymomo

milkymomo

Oh shoot I never knew this :'( Now i am sad.

17. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Hey dude, Mutuallly exclusive. Only 1 tax imposed from originating country.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  18. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

Someone got a reply after you sent the documents by email?

19. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

I've got a strange answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello,

We have plenty of related inquires, we will send you an email in details as soon as possible.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Regards,

Tizen Mobile App Incentive Program Office
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only inquiry in the e-mail was about the certificate of residence being delayed. No answer about my other documents.

20. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

What is this mean ?

21. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

I think they have big headaches. But we are all a little nervous.

22. _geo__

_geo__

I got that answer too.

Since they have set such a short time limit I guess they are now burried under e-mails full of documents to review. And everyone is bugging them for a reply (rightfully so I might add) :D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  23. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

I have got a new notification mail. In this one, they ask you to send the scans of all the documents except for tax related ones first.

Then they ask you if you want to send the tax documents too. And ask you to notify them if you want to send them. If you send the tax documents without any problem, Korean won't cut any tax from the price, you'll get the full price.

(for private sellers) If you want to send the tax documents, they ask you to also send a scan of id card with tax id on it. If your id card does not have any tax info on it, they ask you to send a scan of passport. If you also don't have a passport, they ask you to send them a scan of id card alongside a scan of a document that has your tax id on it.

In addition to that, you have to send 3 original copies of Application for Non-Taxation-Exemption, alongside with 3 original copies of Certificate of residence.
    Certificate of residence must be in english. If your goverment does not provide an english document, you have to translate it then notarize the translated document.
    If your country uses apostilles(a sign to make the document accaptable internationally), you have to get apostille for your certificate of residence.
    If not, you notarize it to be able to acceptable in other countries. A certificate not notarized or apostilled won't be accepted.

I believe we have 30 days to send the tax documents.

Up until here, everything was on the e-mail. Now my addition:

By 3 original coppies of certificate of residence, I think they mean that you either get 3 original documents from the goverment or if they provide only 1 document, you have to get 2 copies of it and then notarize it.

I already send all the documents except the certificate of residence to their e-mail before the second notice. After getting the second notice, I also send another mail to notify them that I'll be sending the tax documents later.

Yukihirotkyo and maxinteractive like this.
  24. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

hello, Anyone received confirmation reply from tizen office?
    7days since replying the incentive details and scanned documents...checked Junk folder...nothing...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  25. prernamalik

prernamalik

No didnt receive a comfirmation mail. But they replied to wait for some time as they are still verifying.

maxinteractive likes this.
  26. prernamalik

prernamalik

Hi All
    Just need one help.
    It happened twice to me. My app was in top 20 and suddenly one day it is removed from top 100 list. Mine was not a fake app. It was a photo editing app with good number of downloads.

Seems like my app was violating some rules. Not sure waht were they. If any one has any idea of any such thing please share your experience.

27. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

28. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

If you violate any rules, Tizen store will inform you by emails and give you chance to rectify.
    They are reasonable people...had no issues with them for the pass 3 years.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  29. prernamalik

prernamalik

ok, but they removed 3 of my apps from top 30 without informing.

30. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

What where your apps?

31. _geo__

_geo__

Today I have got a request from the Tizen team to send them an interview of me talking about my winning app. Anyone else got this message ("Interview Notification to February Top 100")? I wonder if that's something positive or just another hoop to jump throught to get the prize (seems to be optional) ... - Also I am not that much of a talkative person, not sure if I really want to do this.

32. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ I did not get such request but I think that's a good thing and have nothing to do with the prize. They probably want to further advertise their incentive and OS using quality games and apps which won the prize.

Would you like to share your game with us?

33. _geo__

_geo__

OnurYIL and maxinteractive like this.
  34. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Received "Interview notification to February top 100" invitation for one of the apps, seems like it's curated.
    Marcom SOP, they did this for pass winners as well... Good for company publicity and bragging.

Pop-quiz! - describe the key advantages and features of tizen OS!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  35. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ Mines are 47, 68 and 69.

Did anyone get a confirmation mail on scanned documents? Something like, "you can now send the physical copies to us".

Yukihirotkyo likes this.
  36. _geo__

_geo__

Note yet, they just said (quote): "We are checking your documents internally, so please wait for the reply. We will get back to you soon."

37. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

"Once the information and the original documents that we requested are verified, the winners receive the incentive at the end of April".
    hope by the end of this month.
    However, it's bad that there is no confirmation letter, maybe they'll tell you later, it's been more than 7 days... oouch...

38. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

They still don't have March TOP 100 on site, they slow with updating things..

39. prernamalik

prernamalik

Mine were some photo editing apps. They are no more there I removed them

40. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

I think March TOP 100 will be at 10 April

MrEsquire likes this.
  41. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Have provisioned all the required scanned documents including COR. Tizen office only acknowledge (today) with :

"We are checking your documents internally, so please wait for the reply. We will get back to you soon."

Which i expect another 7 days to process. Suggest you wait for a few days for them to digest all the requests.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Yukihirotkyo likes this.
  42. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

March results released!

MrEsquire likes this.
  43. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

anybody won again?)))

44. zugsoft

zugsoft

Not for me this month, I hope next month.
    25'000 downloads was not enough for my previous game.
    This month with a new game I reached 22'000 downloads in 9days, I hope to have a more stable downloads and reach 50'000 downloads.

45. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

No from me aswell. I wasn't paying attention because I was nervously waiting for Feb. results, heh. Released a game around 15th of the month, still got 30k downloads but seems like it wasn't enough.

Would love to see some winners share their downloads numbers.

Congratulations on the win!

46. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

has anybody been asked to send the original documents ?

47. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

So App 27 on months chart is unity store template.. 10k profit shocking
    It be smart for the asset store sellers to put there apps on Tizen, they make more money then sales on asset store..

48. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

is it made by you ?

49. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

I think they don't know about tizen incentive, from top 100 february, only 56 get prizes, only who applied.

MrEsquire likes this.
  50. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Dont think you understand what I'm saying

Yukihirotkyo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.