Search Unity

Timer and Ad Reward

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by AlphaDraconis_SJ-ATX, Mar 21, 2017.

1. AlphaDraconis_SJ-ATX

AlphaDraconis_SJ-ATX

Hey,

So, I have a game that requires a player to mine for X amount of tokens in Y amount of time. If the player fails to collect X, then Y goes to Zero, and then a Panel pops up. What if, say, the player is asked to watch an Ad to add seconds to the timer and continue playing? I don't know how to get around this and would appreciate your help.

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This integration design would sound suboptimal, but to do so anyway, implement a client side callback that adds seconds to the counter each time an ad has been viewed successfully with the show result handler.

Show result handling and client side callback examples are available in our knowledge base: https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/monetization/integration-guide-unity

Recommendation: try an integration design that shows the ad as the last thing before the player quits - this ensures the player is not in a hurry to get back to the game and is more likely to be interested in the ad content.

3. toto2003

toto2003

you mean when the player press the home button on androidphone we should show a video ads?

4. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

If you can reliably anticipate when the player is about to do that using analytics - then preferably before they leave the app, but not exactly when they press the home screen. After play sessions (levels) usually works well.