Search Unity

this my mail i done this mail before 3 days on unity support still no reply .support is very slow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UNITY3D_TEAM, Oct 25, 2016.

1. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

Unity <info@unity3d.com> Unsubscribe
    Oct 22 (3 days ago)

to me

View this email in your browser

Dear kxxxxx xk,
    Thank you for contacting us. Your inquiry has been received. A Unity representative will be in touch as soon as possible.
    Sincerely,
    Unity Technologies

Unity News | Contact us

2. mgear

mgear

If it was send just before/during weekend, then technically its been just over 1 working day..

So, i'd be prepared for 3-10 working days at least..

Martin_H and Ryiah like this.
  3. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Three days? Lol.

Have some patience. Unless you are paying for premium support, Unity doesn't have staff on call waiting for you.

Martin_H, TechDeveloper and Ryiah like this.
  4. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

did u mailed for support before .how long they taken? for u

5. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Hey, can you DM me the e-mail address (and your real name) you used to contact Support?

6. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Yeah, I'm generally pretty happy to get a response in 3 working days.

Actually, I'm happy to get responses at all, to be honest. Considering the number of emails the support crew at Unity must get I'd be shocked if they can give them all meaningful responses.

MV10, Ryiah, theANMATOR2b and 2 others like this.
  7. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

I haven't needed to contact support yet. I find answers to most of my questions on google or the forums.

It is worth noting that some attention to spelling and grammar will go a fair way towards improving the quality of answers you get on the forums and from support. Using text language, not using capital letters, and general poor grammar make your posts harder to read. And people are likely to skip over harder to read posts.

The same sort of things apply when emailing support. A well written email implies you are a professional customer with money to spend. Text language implies you are a kid who has no idea what is going on. I'm not saying you are any of these things, but that's the impression you give.

My general experience with big companies is that you can expect to wait a couple of weeks for support. Even if you are spending a huge amount of money, sometimes responding in three days is not plausible.

This message has been edited to be less offensive.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    MV10, wccrawford, HolBol and 7 others like this.
  8. Martin_H

Martin_H

wccrawford, HolBol, Ryiah and 2 others like this.
  9. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Be fair now, not everyone is a native English speaker.

Martin_H likes this.
  10. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Too much?

I apologise. Sorry @UNITY3D_TEAM. I've edited the message to be less of a jerk.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Martin_H, Ryiah and angrypenguin like this.
  11. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I think that the message was reasonable, it was mostly the delivery. You're absolutely right that a well delivered message is more likely to get a response, and more quickly, simply because it's easier.

Martin_H and Kiwasi like this.
  12. Ryiah

Ryiah

That being said there are some things you simply cannot discuss on a public forum. If he has encountered a problem with a platform that is typically behind an NDA for example he may have no choice but to contact Unity directly on the matter. His post history shows that he has created threads and answered others on these forums.

Martin_H likes this.
  13. Martin_H

Martin_H

I just thought the image would be funny in the context, but you certainly had a good point.

I'm not a native English speaker either, but I try to compensate for that with effort. I look up words on dictionary websites all the time, and a long post in English often takes me a whole hour to write and proofread. I do understand that not everyone has the time to care as much as I do, and I don't know where exactly I'd draw the line for "too little effort", but writing u instead of you is pushing it in my opinion.

14. Ryiah

Ryiah

Unfortunately poor grammar and spelling tends to be a good way to identify an email or website that is a potential scam or spam message when the other typical ways of determining the legitimacy have failed.

15. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

That's actually pretty impressive, in so far as I'd not have guessed that. Your posts also blend in really well with the crowd here in terms of quality, and the post quality around here tends to be quite high. What I'm saying is... well done!
    I agree and, as I said, I thought the message was pretty reasonable: quality of writing has a huge impact on the response you might get, and the language of a community is a constraint you have to work within.

I'm lucky enough to not have to cross a language barrier, and to be honest can't imagine how frustrating that must be at first. My main thought was that looking at the OP's sentence structure, and their posts in another thread (which people here may not have seen) it's pretty apparent to me that English isn't their main language. To anyone who knows a little English the "you" vs "u" thing is pretty clear, but to someone really new to it and/or self taught that might not be the case, especially if their main interaction with other English speakers is via Internet communities who aren't as well spoken as this one.

Martin_H, Ryiah and Kiwasi like this.
  16. Martin_H

Martin_H

Thanks! That really means a lot to me =).

angrypenguin likes this.
  17. goat

goat

I've had them take a week or more back when they manually reset licenses.

18. MV10

MV10

I work with foreigners... probably more than I work with US-ians, and I'd have never guessed.
    I used to speak German often (and poorly), so I can relate to the struggle and that's not even a difficult language.

Bah. Quitter! :D

Martin_H likes this.
  19. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

And proud of it!

angrypenguin likes this.
  20. MV10

MV10

I hope this thread stays alive for awhile.
    Seeing that gibberish pop-up made me laugh.

1.jpg

21. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

We have "secret" forums for people developers for those platforms.

Ryiah likes this.
  22. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

i got the mail from unity yesterday .so totally 7 days

Martin_H likes this.
  23. Ryiah

Ryiah

Is access granted by special instructions from the platform manufacturer? Or is it automatically done when you insert your license into Unity? Totally understand if you're not allowed to answer any of these by the way.

24. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Platform owner (Microsoft, Sony, etc) tell us who to add to the list.

Ryiah likes this.