Search Unity

The service of the Asset Store is terrible! I am getting too much stress and wasting my time!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by StudioCosmonaut, Aug 2, 2017.

1. StudioCosmonaut

StudioCosmonaut

The service of the Asset Store is terrible. I am waiting for a terrible time waiting for a reply to the inquiry. I am a student developer who first started using Unity this time. I used Unity for the first time and I had a lot of dreams while I was practicing. I bought Unity for the first time because I will continue to use Unity. However, this software was completely different from my idea, and after realizing that I had made a mistake, I immediately requested a refund to the seller of the asset and to the Unity side, but unfortunately none of them responded to the email. For as long as six days!
    I tried to call Unity Korea again, but I was only told to contact Unity again if the seller was not contacted for a month (for a month!). It's also in the mail. I told her that this was ridiculous, and that I was so stressed out that I thought I did not want to use Unity and Asset Store again from the first purchase, but she just said that it was a 'rule' so she could not help it .
    I read the refund policy before I called her.

"Assets that can not be previewed by the Customer (such as software): Provider authorizations Unity to give the customer a full refund of Asset price if the customer requests the refund within 2 (two) weeks after purchase."

When I asked her about it, she only said that she did not know about it, and repeated about the 'regulation' that I should wait provider's response for a month!
    I cannot do any programming now because of stress and I am very angry. No services I have encountered were unreasonable and unkind.
    Someone might say that I am just stressed out because of only $ 30, but I am going to get rid of Unity in my life if I do not get a refund. Thank you very much. Please let me love the Asset Store and Unity again. Find out more about assets and buy them, this is clearly my mistake. However, the image of Asset was mostly obscured and I was not careful because it was my first purchase. If you only give me a refund once, I will be very careful when purchasing an asset in the future, so I will take special care to never raise a refund to your mouth again. So please just give me a quick one-time refund so you do not get stressed anymore. Please let me use Unity and Asset Store again and love you. Thank you.

Https://support.unity3d.com/hc/ko/requests/129594

Here is a pdf file containing my inquiries and an invoice so far. Thank you again.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

If this simple issue is causing you so much stress - you might consider a different line of work.
    Game development - in general - is a pretty stressful industry/job and takes a toll on very strong people who manage stress well.

As far as the asset goes. Dont expect a refund. Mostly only those assets which do not properly work as described are available for refund.

LaneFox likes this.
  3. LaneFox

LaneFox

Dude, calm down.

There are effectively no refunds on the asset store. Any refunds you get are completely up to the asset developer.

It sounds like you expect way too much for 30$. If the asset is terrible then the reviews should have been a sign to stay away from it. If the reviews are good then the problem is on you, not the asset.

theANMATOR2b likes this.