Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tessellation broken on some Mac GPUs w/ OGL4.1

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by ecurtz, Mar 8, 2017.

1. ecurtz

ecurtz

I can't get the example tessellation shaders or the Lux tessellation shaders to work on OS X, despite the documentation seeming to indicate that they should. I also see nothing but unanswered comments from others who have tried. Is the documentation on this just wrong or is something broken with the shader compilation?

2. jbooth

jbooth

I support tessellation on OSX in MegaSplat, so it's likely just something wrong with those shaders.

3. ecurtz

ecurtz

Ok, I've been following your thread anyway, even though I don't actually have a use for it right now, so I guess I'll be buying MegaSplat at some point and looking at the shaders. Thanks for the reply.

4. ecurtz

ecurtz

In case anyone else ends up reading this MegaSplat's shader didn't work either.

Sent in the bug report (Case 889352) but I haven't had much luck over the last few years having anyone look at them.

My machine specs are MBP retina late 2013 w/ Intel Iris 5100 GPU. All the documentation I can find says it's OpenGL 4.1 and it seems to compile the shader to that target, the tessellation just fails.

Image from OpenGL test suite running on the machine:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017