1. All Unity Pro perpetual license customers: your special offer to subscribe is ready! Click here.
  2. We're running a survey about the usage of our graphics pipeline, help give us your feedback.
  3. Unity 5.6 beta is now available for download.
  4. Unity 5.5 is now released.
  5. Check out all the fixes for 5.5 in patch releases 1 & 2.
  6. Enter the Google Play Indie Games Contest in Europe. Read more about it here.
  7. Get prepared for the Tizen Mobile App Incentive Program! Read more about the upcoming program here.
  8. Enter the Microsoft Developer Challenge for a chance to win prizes. Read more about it here.

Take Microsoft's Unity Game Developer Challenge

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by aliceingameland, Nov 1, 2016.

1. hamdouch118

hamdouch118

i submit but i have a question if i'm one of the first 25 person who submit their game !
    how i will win $5,000 Cash Prize !

the Performance Period (March 1st – April 30th, 2017)
    okay what about the download that i will gets before this periode :p !

2. ChrisAsleson

ChrisAsleson

Official Microsoft Employee

Thank you for your support and porting your games to Windows Store. Continue to look for new contests with Unity and Microsoft.

3. ChrisAsleson

ChrisAsleson

All early submission winners will be contacted individual and will also be announced publicly at the end of the Challenge.
    The Performance Period is not just based on downloads, but leading up to and during this time would be a good opportunity to market your app.

4. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

So maybe it wasn't a good idea to stop making Android games, so now I don't have any game with 10k downloads :/

5. hamdouch118

hamdouch118

why they didn't reply !
    i submited my game at 28 nov !

6. zugsoft

zugsoft

You received no reply from Microsoft for the step1?

7. axcs

axcs

I've always been faithful to making exclusive games for Windows Store, and I've never gained anything from it, or unity/Microsoft help or challenges, there have never been contests or incentives. Now I can not even F*** this Challenge because I do not even have games on other platforms.

Who has made games for the Windows Store for some time does not earn anything? They make people give up the platform for later when they devote themselves only to Dev for Android and IOS, and in the end call them back with these challenges ...sad thing.

MrEsquire likes this.
  8. ChrisAsleson

ChrisAsleson

Please DM me the email that you submitted under and I can look into this. Also, I would check your spam folder to make sure the email isn't in there.

9. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Well, up until a few months ago, AdMob for Windows Phone 8 apps would be a great investment. I have been doing that for a living for 3 years. Now that they shut down Admob for Windows, I started making some of my games paid, and new games to UWP. I have yet to see any income through UWP, but I still earn a little bit from paid games.

Also, about 2-3 years ago, Unity and Microsoft had a challenge similar to this one and was paying much more.

10. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

When are you going to start contacting early entry winners?

11. ChrisAsleson

ChrisAsleson

We will start notifying the early entries beginning in 2017.

12. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Guys does anyone know how to solve this problem
    Exception: Failed to build Visual Studio project using arguments 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe "C:\Users\aiurs\Desktop\BattleCars\Battle Cars.sln" /nologo /maxcpucount /p:Configuration=Master /p:platform=x86 /p:SolutionDir="C:\\Users\\aiurs\\Desktop\\BattleCars\\" /t:Build /clp:Verbosity=minimal'.
    Output:C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2049,5): error MSB3774: Could not find SDK "Microsoft.VCLibs, Version=14.0". [C:\Users\aiurs\Desktop\BattleCars\Battle Cars\Battle Cars.csproj]
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2049,5): error MSB3774: Could not find SDK "WindowsMobile, Version=10.0.14393.0". [C:\Users\aiurs\Desktop\BattleCars\Battle Cars\Battle Cars.csproj]

ApplicationLauncherImpl.RunMSBuild (System.String args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ApplicationLauncher.cs:366)
    ApplicationLauncherImpl.Build () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ApplicationLauncher.cs:220)
    ApplicationLauncher.BuildAndRunOnSingle (BuildLaunchPlayerArgs args, WSASDK wsaSDK, WSABuildAndRunDeployTarget deployTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ApplicationLauncher.cs:60)
    ApplicationLauncher.BuildAndRun (BuildLaunchPlayerArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ApplicationLauncher.cs:50)
    UnityEditor.WSA.BuildPostprocessor.LaunchPlayer (BuildLaunchPlayerArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ExtensionModule.cs:122)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Launch (BuildTarget target, System.String path, System.String productName, BuildOptions options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:151)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Exception: Failed to build Visual Studio project using arguments 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe "C:\Users\aiurs\Desktop\BattleCars\Battle Cars.sln" /nologo /maxcpucount /p:Configuration=Master /p:platform=x86 /p:SolutionDir="C:\\Users\\aiurs\\Desktop\\BattleCars\\" /t:Build /clp:Verbosity=minimal'.
    Output:C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2049,5): error MSB3774: Could not find SDK "Microsoft.VCLibs, Version=14.0". [C:\Users\aiurs\Desktop\BattleCars\Battle Cars\Battle Cars.csproj]
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2049,5): error MSB3774: Could not find SDK "WindowsMobile, Version=10.0.14393.0". [C:\Users\aiurs\Desktop\BattleCars\Battle Cars\Battle Cars.csproj]

13. zugsoft

zugsoft

It's clear : Could not find SDK "WindowsMobile"
    Do you compile Universal with WP8 , or Universal with WP10 ?

14. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I was compling with universal 10 and not choosing mobile

15. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

What version of Unity are you using? Do you have the latest version of Windows 10 SDK installed?

16. blazeminer

blazeminer

YO IM SO GONNA TRY HOMIE

17. ashishkushwaha

ashishkushwaha

this challenge is not for mobile vr game :(

18. MobizITS

MobizITS

Which ad network best perform for windows app now ? Now I've submited step2 already hope I am one of first 25 developers

19. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Vungle works best for me right now. I don't think there are any others though, other than Microsoft Ads.

20. khos

khos

I am through to step 2 on my three entries, Nice :) !, one of the games I am porting uses Unity 4.6 (I know, crazy right!), can I use that version when submitting my game to Windows Store? Or must it be Unity 5.x ? If I recall correctly when Unity 5 was first released hingeJoint.motor.force I discovered there was a regression on this which prevented me from goingto 5.x, but now I see it might be back.. I'll try to upgrade my project to 5.5 but can someone confirm if I must submit games made with the latest release of Unity or can 4/6 be used?
    Thanks.

21. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

It's been almost 3 months. Wish they would start contacting the early winners already.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  22. khos

khos

Not sure if this helps:
    Timeline
    Entry Period: Nov 1st, 2016 – Feb 28th, 2017

Performance Period: March 1st – April 30th, 2017

Winners Announced: On or around May 15th, 2017

23. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Announcement != contacting the winners

At the FAQ of the same site you quoted, they say that they will contact the winners earlier than the public announcement. A Microsoft Employee also said in this post that they will start contacting the early winners early 2017.

24. ChrisAsleson

ChrisAsleson

Per the Terms and Conditions, You will need to create or port a native Universal Windows Platform (UWP) game using Unity 5.2 or later (http://unity3d.com/download) and Visual Studio 2015 (https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads) that is targeting Windows 10 desktop.

https://unity3d.com/de/partners/microsoft/challenge/terms-and-conditions