Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

System.Threading.Tasks

Discussion in 'Experimental Scripting Previews' started by rakkarage, Mar 18, 2017.

1. rakkarage

rakkarage

If I generate project files while visual studio is set as editor:
    upload_2017-3-18_12-3-53.png

If I generate project files while vscode [or notepad even] is set as editor:
    upload_2017-3-18_12-11-7.png

Although [it seems] there is no change the actual project or solution files... The references change somehow. I assume something to do with Library or obj folder? Some kinda restore built into "Open C# Project" idk

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. sailro

sailro

Microsoft

Hello,

Could you send me an email here : vstusp[at]microsoft[dot]com
    (and Indeed when you select VS as the external editor, VSTU is handling the project generation)

We have a preview for VSTU that should be able to handle scenarios with the new Mono runtime.

Regards
    Sebastien Lebreton [MSFT]

rakkarage likes this.
  3. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Any news on this. Having same issue. System.Threading.Tasks not recognized by VS when set as "External Script Editor". Mono recognizes it though.

Thanks !

4. andrzej_cadp

andrzej_cadp

Install VSTU 3.1 form MS site.

5. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Thanks will give it a try !

6. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

I just downloaded VS 2017, and it came with "Visual Studio 2017 Tools for Unity." Is this the same thing?

It looks like it only "targets" .NET 3.5, however. You have any clue about that?