1. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're looking for feedback on Unity Starter Kits! Let us know what you’d like.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We’re giving 2017.1 beta testers a chance to win t-shirts and a Nintendo Switch. Read more on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.1 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 5.6 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Get further faster with the Unity Plus Accelerator Pack, free for new Unity Plus subscribers for a limited time. Click here for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Learn how you'll soon be able to publish your games to China in four simple steps with Xiaomi. Sign up now for early access.
    Dismiss Notice

Sword colliers physics

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Sword111, May 19, 2017 at 2:18 PM.

1. Sword111

Sword111

Hi maybe someone can help me, with a sword collision problem that ive been battling with for a long time .Tried every forum but with out success .So the problem is at speed the colliders are able to pass through each other . I've tried every type of collider and combination of multiple staged collider to all of the rigid body collision types to time step, scaling up and add force script (but that only works in one direction), so it has to be a physics answer to work in all directions and location up and down the length of the blade . I need to be able to manipulate the blade to any angle while the lesson animation is operating using the proper physics and angle of contact ! ANY IDEAS on what i may be able to do to solve this conundrum with such small thin colliders ? I enclose a link to show you what i mean first ok slow .. then not second .
    Thanks