Search Unity

Switchign to Unity 5.6.b9 from the Tech preview, can no longer build without error

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by low-odor, Mar 6, 2017.

1. low-odor

low-odor

So I filed a bug: Case 887747

But I thought I would post it here just in case someone else had had the problem and or solution.

I updated to the latest Unity Beta, was able to build to device Pixel(XL) a few times. Then I started to get this error with building to device or directly to an apk:

CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to re-package resources.
    C:\Users\NVIDIA\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\24.0.3\aapt.exe package --auto-add-overlay -v -f -m -J "gen" -M "AndroidManifest.xml" -S "res" -I "C:/Users/NVIDIA/AppData/Local/Android/android-sdk\platforms\android-24\android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_ --extra-packages com.google.gvr.permissionsupport -S "D:\GPZ\Project\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\gvr-permissionsupport-release\res"

stderr[
    AndroidManifest.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@StyLe/VrActivityTheme').

AndroidManifest.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'enableVrMode' with value '@String/gvr_vr_mode_component').

]
    stdout[
    Configurations:
    (default)

Files:
    layout\dialog.xml
    Src: () D:\GPZ\Project\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\gvr-permissionsupport-release\res\layout\dialog.xml
    values\values.xml
    Src: () D:\GPZ\Project\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\gvr-permissionsupport-release\res\values\values.xml
    AndroidManifest.xml
    Src: () AndroidManifest.xml

Resource Dirs:
    Type layout
    layout\dialog.xml
    Src: () D:\GPZ\project\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\gvr-permissionsupport-release\res\layout\dialog.xml
    Type values
    values\values.xml
    Src: () D:\GPZ\Project\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\gvr-permissionsupport-release\res\values\values.xml
    Including resources from package: C:\Users\NVIDIA\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-24\android.jar
    applyFileOverlay for drawable
    trying overlaySet Key=app_banner.png
    trying overlaySet Key=app_icon.png
    trying overlaySet Key=vr_icon_back.png
    trying overlaySet Key=vr_icon_front.png
    applyFileOverlay for layout
    applyFileOverlay for anim
    applyFileOverlay for animator
    applyFileOverlay for interpolator
    applyFileOverlay for transition
    applyFileOverlay for xml
    applyFileOverlay for raw
    applyFileOverlay for color
    applyFileOverlay for menu
    applyFileOverlay for mipmap
    Processing image: res\drawable-xhdpi\app_banner.png
    Processing image: res\drawable-mdpi\app_icon.png
    Processing image: res\drawable-nodpi\vr_icon_back.png
    Processing image: res\drawable-nodpi\vr_icon_front.png
    (processed image res\drawable-nodpi\vr_icon_back.png: 34% size of source)
    (processed image res\drawable-mdpi\app_icon.png: 90% size of source)
    (processed image res\drawable-nodpi\vr_icon_front.png: 90% size of source)
    (processed image res\drawable-xhdpi\app_banner.png: 93% size of source)
    (new resource id app_banner from xhdpi-v4\drawable\app_banner.png #generated)
    (new resource id app_icon from mdpi-v4\drawable\app_icon.png #generated)
    (new resource id vr_icon_back from nodpi-v4\drawable\vr_icon_back.png #generated)
    (new resource id vr_icon_front from nodpi-v4\drawable\vr_icon_front.png #generated)
    (new resource id dialog from D:\GPZ\Project\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\gvr-permissionsupport-release\res\layout\dialog.xml)
    ]
    exit code: 1
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.TasksCommon.Exec (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.String errorMsg, Int32 retriesOnFailure)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SDK settings: https://goo.gl/2pn3eO

Thanks for taking a look

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. harperAtustwo

harperAtustwo

I think I have had this, you may be able to resolve this by deleting the app from the phone before trying to rebuild. forgive me if I am wrong.

3. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

This might be due to an issue with extension support. Can you install b10 and see if this still reros?

low-odor likes this.
  4. low-odor

low-odor

Upgrading to b10 fixed it!...thanks @joejo