Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Swapping gameobjects over bluetooth

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by carlharrison1, Aug 1, 2017.

1. carlharrison1

carlharrison1

Hi all,

I am in the middle of my first foray into any kind of multiplayer games and I am a bit lost on where to start. I have a game where players collect items on a map and of course, stored in an inventory. I hadnt thought about it before but I'm now considering the options of players being able to swap/trade their items over bluetooth perhaps, or just when they are in range of each other.

Now my question is, would anyone kindly tell me where to start. I have looked across some of the software like Photon but do I even need a large scale multiplayer solution? In my simple mindedness its just 'Is player in range... I want to swap game object A, they want to swap game object B... lets agree' ... job done.

Before you jump on me, of course I know thats not the case but hopefully you can kind of gauge what I mean by that. Any tutorials or web pages that might be good reading for me would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

2. TwoTen

TwoTen

Use a networking library that supports bluetooth to send transaction messages. Only one I know is NetworkComms.Net