Search Unity

[FREE][OPEN-SOURCE] Super Unity Build - Automated Build Tool and Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by chasepettit, May 15, 2017.

1. chasepettit

chasepettit

Main repo: https://github.com/Chaser324/unity-build
    Add-ons repo: https://github.com/Chaser324/unity-build-actions

Super Unity Build is a utility I developed to help automate the process of producing builds, especially in cases where you're dealing with multiple platforms, storefronts, or game configurations or where you need to do something that Unity's standard build process doesn't explicitly support like copying/moving/deleting files or creating zip archives. Super Unity Build is also built to be extensible, and its BuildAction framework makes it relatively easy to add any additional functionality you need.

I'd like to add this to the Asset Store at some point, but if/when I do, I still plan on keeping it freely available and open source on GitHub. Purchasing it on the Asset Store will be purely optional just for those that want to support further development.

Requires Unity 5.0 or higher. Currently supports Windows, OSX, and Linux builds - more platforms coming soon once they've been tested more thoroughly.

Features:
    • Manage and Build Multiple Versions - If you're targetting more than one platform or distribution storefront, the build process can quickly become very cumbersome with Unity's built in tools. SuperUnityBuild makes it easy to manage a wide array of build configurations targetting any number of versions, platforms, architectures, or distribution methods.
    • One-Click Batch Builds - Easily kick-off batch builds for all or a specific subset of your build configurations.
    • Expanded Build Capability - SuperUnityBuild overs many features not available in Unity's built in build workflow such as version number generation, and the BuildAction framework provides options for even more expanded build capabilities like automated file copying/moving, creating zip files, and building AssetBundles.
    • Quick Initial Setup - If all you need is the bare essentials, you can be up and running in minutes. SuperUnityBuild scales to fit your project's specific needs whether it be large or small.
    • Highly Extensible and Customizable - SuperUnityBuild's BuildAction framework provides simple hooks for adding in your own additional functionality.
    • Free and Open-Source - Some similar tools available only on the AssetStore are as much as $50+.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. iamarugin

iamarugin

Great tool. thank you for your work.

3. chasepettit

chasepettit

Thanks. I'm glad you've found it useful.

4. videon

videon

Wow, this is just what I was looking for. No more tedious multi-platform building and integrated itch support is just ace. More people should be aware of this tool. Thank you very much and keep up the great work!

5. chasepettit

chasepettit

SuperUnityBuild v 0.9.6 - Download on GitHub
    • Store scene list as GUIDs instead of filepaths. This will maintain references in cases where scene files are moved or renamed.
    • New scene list GUI.
      • Removed old dropdown in favor of drag-and-drop and file dialog options for adding scenes.
      • Scene list is now collapsible with a summary of info at the top level to allow for avoiding some repaint performance issues in large projects with hundreds of scenes.

6. sledgeman

sledgeman

WebGL and Android would be welcome.....if its possible :)

simonsen likes this.
  7. thatscraigz

thatscraigz

Oh gosh so late to finding this! Absolutely loving it, thank you so much @chasepettit :D

Any chance of a WebGL build platform being added? :D
    (I'd like to use it with the itch uploader :))

simonsen likes this.
  8. simonsen

simonsen

Third that request for HTML5 and Android deployment. Would make a sweet package even sweeter.

overthere likes this.
  9. chasepettit

chasepettit

WebGL and Android have been added as build platforms. You'll need to grab the latest code from the master branch for the time being to get those features. I'll post another update after I create a unitypackage release.

overthere and simonsen like this.
  10. thatscraigz

thatscraigz

11. overthere

overthere

Thanks so much for putting this out, those new options work a treat!

12. Skelly1983

Skelly1983

This is amazing!

13. liven999

liven999

Thank you for your tools @chasepettit.
    It is so easy to update itch.io projects now.

Except for WebGL, I have this message (I use last SuperUnityVersion):
    ITCH.IO BUTLER OUTPUT: invalid spec: liven/ping, missing channel (examples: liven/ping:windows-32-beta, liven/ping:linux-64)

(ping is my project name)

14. Bhearus

Bhearus

Unbelievably useful.

15. MichealPeters-XW

MichealPeters-XW

Is this project still being worked on?

16. _eternal

_eternal

HeadClot88 likes this.
  17. Tivec

Tivec

Hello! I'm using SuperUnityBuild to deploy my windows builds.

When these are being run I get a folder called "GAME_NAME_BackUpThisFolder_ButDontShipItWithYourGame" for IL2CPP source, as well as a "GAME_NAME_BurstDebugInformation_DoNotShip" folder.

Those I obviously do not want to ship with my game, so I have set up a post build FolderOperation SuperUnityBuild to move or delete these folders away before using the ZipFileOperation to zip up the game. This works great, except that if I now want to do a Linux build I will not get the IL2CPP folder, and the build script will fail.

I am aware I can use a filter to not run the action for certain parameters, but would it be possible to get a checkbox or some such to say "if the folder or file does not exist, ignore this operation"?

18. Lgd-studio

Lgd-studio

Hi,

Its worked on api level 32 for android?

19. Ibrahim_Oezhan

Ibrahim_Oezhan

How Do I Switch From Mono To IL2CPP?

20. madhurg

madhurg

Hi @chasepettit.,
    this looks like an awesome package. I was just wondering, is there plan to add Build Addressable action as Unity has now switched completely to addressables for all content, this will be a welcome addition to the package.

ArtemPavlovskyi likes this.
  21. ArtemPavlovskyi

ArtemPavlovskyi

Sadly, it does not support sub platforms such as Dedicated Server.