Search Unity

Super Smash Bros AI

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ToastHatter, Jul 25, 2017.

1. ToastHatter

ToastHatter

I've been making a smash bros style game recently, and i've started to add Ai into it. So far They're pretty dumb. They only know when to turn around if they go too far, and attack when the player is close.

however they still wander off the edge sometimes and sometimes get stuck turing left and right.

I wanted to find out a better way of making the ai that isn't distance based

2. MaxiARG

MaxiARG

Doing the Pacman´s ghost behavior i figured out that i need precise requisites before starting to code. This is one of those cases too it seems. Can you define what an AI should do? in a particular case.

3. gibberingmouther

gibberingmouther

i don't envy you trying to create something like that. smash bro's a.i. was pretty sophisticated and the code had to run fast too to keep up with play. but i'm sure you can still break it down ... i remember that smash bro's a.i. reacted faster than human limitations to compensate for the fact that humans are smarter. and the developers couldn't fully anticipate how the game would play out as far as a character's best moves and strategies. melee became something epic beyond the developers' wildest dreaming, which i guess they didn't like, so they nerfed competitive play in Brawl big time. okay, off topic now... stupid Brawl.

i'm not going to do your work for you, but if anything occurs to me i'll post it here. i used to have ambitions of being a competitive Captain Falcon player, but as i was mastering the game it was just starting to go out of fashion...anyway, what i'm getting at is this game (and the original) is burned into my mind already, which makes it easier to analyze. also interesting to think about..

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Start with learning about finite state machines and behavior trees. These are the bread and butter of modern video game AI.