Search Unity

[Closed] Subscription Upgrade/Downgrade problem on Google Play

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Unity1990, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unity1990

Unity1990

I'm developing an app with IAP purchase under Unity3d. I'm implementing subscriptions but the following problem occurs: when I upgrade or downgrade from one subscription to another I'm find myself with both 2 subscriptions active at the same time. I wish that one subscription replaces the former. You can see my complete question at this link https://stackoverflow.com/questions...upgrade-downgrade-subscription-on-google-play

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Unity1990

Thanks for the report. We are currently working on improving our subscription support, which would include using more information from "getBuyIntentExtraParams()". Currently, we don't have a way to properly handle upgrading and downgrading of subscriptions.

3. Unity1990

Unity1990

Ok, thanks for your replay. Actually is there another way to make subcriptions Upgrade/Downgrade?

4. omechano

omechano

@ap-unity Have you found a way to upgrade / downgrade subscriptions on android ?

5. omechano

omechano

6. MohHeader

MohHeader

I was able to achieve something ( although not clean so far )

Export Unity project as Android Studio project.
    Create new Activity, and have a static function that takes the old SKU & the new SKU, and save those values.

Now start that Activity from within Unity.

And then you can handle the whole process as normal Android code.

I tried to bundle that new Android activity in .aar file, and be used as a plugin.
    but wasn't useful due to a conflict in the IInAppBillingService.aidl file ( between mine & the one Unity is using )

So for now, every time I need to make a build, I have to export it first to Android Studio.

I am sure, there is better way to do it, But I am still in the middle of it, and wanted to share my findings, in case someone was in hurry :)

Thanks,

7. omechano

omechano

@MohHeader if you are using Stans Assets Android Native Plugin I have modded the source code to include a function to upgrade / downgrade. Let me know if you need the jar file

8. MohHeader

MohHeader

@omechano ,,,, I didn't know about Stans Assets Android Native Plugin,
    So far, I did it a mentioned before,,, but will check that plugin if it can ease the process ;)

Super thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.