Search Unity

Strange tree error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sidestepper, Feb 24, 2009.

1. sidestepper

sidestepper

I'm guess we managed to corrupt something, question is how do you fix it? I forget when or how, but I was importing some data packages for a project, then cleaning them up by removing stuff, replacing prefabs, etc. One day I started getting this information(Not warning or error) in the log at seemingly random times reading:

A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object, Object)
    UnityEngineInternal.Prototype:.ctor(GameObject, Single)
    UnityEngineInternal.TreeDatabase:RefreshPrototypes()
    UnityEngineInternal.TreeDatabase:.ctor(TerrainData)
    UnityEngine.Terrain:OnEnable()

There was a terrain object in the data package, but it seemed fine, it had its textures, it's data, I didn't see anything "missing" from its properties. I even dragged the terrain it imported onto the scene and deleted the old one just to see, but I still seem to get this report. It's not having any harmful side effects to the project but it is driving me crazy and wish I knew how to fix it - any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

goldcloud144 likes this.
  2. amherst

amherst

Hey there!

I've been getting the same error message and it's driving me crazy too. Did you find a solution? I can't see that any tree prefab is missing.

Thanks!

3. sidestepper

sidestepper

Actually yes I did! Sorry forgot to post back here. So eventually it drove me crazy enough that I decided I wasn't going to do any more work until I figure it out. For me, I found if you select your terrain in the scene and click the Place Trees tool, I had an undefined tree(Shouldn't have been any trees). So all I had to do was select "Edit Trees" and remove the undefined one(Hard to tell because it just appears invisible if I remember) but you'll know an undefined tree is there because if there's none the box actually explicitly says "No trees defined."

Hope that solves your problem and if not maybe it will send you in the right direction to fixing your specific error.

4. amherst

amherst

Thanks! That did it! I really appreciate it!

5. jimrota

jimrota

I had the same error in (Unity3d 5.3.1) 2015! The Terrain indicated that a "Tree" was "Missing". Had to select it and either create a prefab for it or remove it but it's hard to tell how to select it because it doesn't have an icon.

6. RobyYang

RobyYang

Thank you all

7. Cjoshua2

Cjoshua2

Thank you very much.

8. SDC2X

SDC2X

i have this problem with
    Meadow Environment .... grr. need solution ...please help me!. Thank you.

9. Domuk1

Domuk1

10. grafiboys

grafiboys

Thank you!