Search Unity

Unity UI Strange behaviour with mobile camera texture and UI text.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by drpfthick, Jul 19, 2017.

1. drpfthick

drpfthick

Hello everyone :)

I am creating a mobile app using the Vuforia plugin. In my scene, I have a live back-facing camera feed (as part of a Vuforia prefab) and a UI layer on top, which contains a few numerical input fields. When I load the scene, everything runs smoothly, but when I start entering numbers into the input field, the camera-feed updates more slowly (and even slower with additional inputs into the fields). The frame rate of the scene itself is not affected, and I have tested this by placing rotating 3D objects in the scene, and verifying the high framerate in the profiler.
    There are some observation I made that make this problem more confusing for me:
    • Normal UI text that is not part of an input field does not affect the camera-feed refresh rate.
    • Camera-feed refresh rate drops only when I am "Done" entering a text value (e.g. by clicking Done on an Android keyboard)
    • Minimising the app on Android and re-opening fixes the slow camera refresh rate up until the point where I add or change an input field value.
    I still have a few ideas on what I can try, but any advice would be greatly appreciated :D!

Best wishes,
    Nat :cool:

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

drpfthick likes this.
  3. drpfthick

drpfthick

Thank you for the support! :D:D:D

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  4. winterkewl

winterkewl

@Vuforia-Strasza any update on this? It's still a massive issue on Android causing impossible framerate issues.

5. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

@winterkewl It has been fixed on Android 7+, but we have not heard anything additional from Unity about fixes for earlier versions of Android.

6. chadidi97

chadidi97

I have the same problem