Search Unity

[Steam] Leaving Lyndow - First-person Adventure

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by djweinbaum, Feb 18, 2017.

1. djweinbaum

djweinbaum

Hello, everyone! Last week we launched our first title, Leaving Lyndow. We're pleased to say its been getting a very positive reception! Its short and inexpensive, and we're very proud of it :).

Description
    It's Clara's last day on the island where she grew up. With high honors, she's graduated and fulfilled her childhood dream of joining the Guild of Maritime Exploration. She needs to complete preparations, visit her favorite places, and say her goodbyes - before leaving on a journey she may not return from. *Dangerous journey not included*

Features
    • Leaving Lyndow is a peaceful experience, with a detailed environment to explore at your own pace.
    • Examine objects to learn about the life and world of a young scientist preparing to leave home.
    • Partake in mini-games that further reveal the story.
    • Speak with friends and family as they prepare for the departure of a loved one.
    • Short and sweet: An experience that can be completed in one sitting.

Links:
    Steam Store Page
    Offical Website

Thanks for checking it out!

Mister-D likes this.
  2. StaffanEk

StaffanEk

This is the first time I have heard of this game looks great. The forest environments look great. Did you use the ATS vegetation shader?

3. djweinbaum

djweinbaum

Thank you! I wrote my own foliage shader using a surface shader with a custom lighting function, plus a bit of modification to DeferredShading.shader. I wrote a couple articles on gamasutra about my forests specifically: One about the artistic side of it, and one about the tech and optimization.

4. Mwester

Mwester

Great visual effects.