Search Unity

Sporadically Fatal Signal 11 with Application.Loadlevel

Discussion in 'Android' started by Good_Punk, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Good_Punk

Good_Punk

I'm having a problem with my new game. From time to time I get a Fatal error crashing the app when I change scenes. I can actually reproduce the problem with just switching between 2 scenes and after the 3-5th time the app crashes. I've read up on the Fatal Signal 11 but it didn't help. I deactivated multithreading renderer and static batching but it didn't help.

2. Good_Punk

Good_Punk

Ok I've found the problem though I can't exactly say I've understood it. I had a sound manager that created object wit audio sources that had another script attached to it which would kill the object after sound is played. This other script had a "DonDestroyOnLoad" attached to it which i needed for music that shouldn't be killed at load level. The script made an Invoke and then destroyed the object and I think that's where the problem lies. The Invoke is not or wrongfully executed after loading another scene.

I've solved the problem by creating two seperate classes for music and sound. As sound effect don't need to persist over the scene and music doesn't have to be killed after some time. So music doesn't have the kill script assigned and sound effects don't use DontDestroyOnLoad anymore.

3. bitter

bitter

Unity Technologies

If you remember how to induce that crash could you please file a bug report on the issue?

4. Qbit86

Qbit86

I've just encountered the same issue in production, and worried a lot. Unity 5.5.0, Android.

Crash happens sometimes on some devices, when certain scene is loading. If it doesn't reproduce, it's still probable to make it crash by quitting and restarting the game, and trying to enter that scene again.

Code (csharp):
    1. A/libc(8620): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x1c in tid 8733 (UnityPreload)