Search Unity

Split-screen multiplayer on same TV/Monitor? Help?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by yahodahan, Apr 30, 2009.

1. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi all! Big thanks to any who can help, basically I am wondering if anyone has yet tried making a "split screen" type multiplayer game? And if so- would you be willing to help me out?

I'm no programmer, but I can figure things out quickly if given at least samples of code, and from there I usually "hack 'n slash" till I get something working :D

If you have managed to implement something of this sort, I would REALLY appreciate even just a nudge or two in right direction. Best of all, perhaps you have some working code you wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks again!

2. Jessy

Jessy

Here's the basis of it, visually:

http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Components/class-Camera.html

"Normalized Viewport Rectangle".

If you're not going to program, though, it's not going to happen. I haven't even played a local multiplayer Unity game, so I don't think you're going to be able to get much in the way of pre-made contributions. You can try doing what I do: take it one problem at a time, and learn the solution to surmount it. Eventually, you should have learned enough to get something cool done.

You'll also probably need to learn about using multiple joysticks:

http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Manual/Input.html

3. yahodahan

yahodahan

hey Jessy-

Thanks a bunch!

I didn't mean to say I refuse to program- I know I'll just have to knuckle down and do it sooner or later! :) However, I'm a really visual person, programming does NOT come naturally to me, unfortunately. In the past, it has worked well for me to extend/re-hash previously made scripts, once I figure them out...

Meh, I can hope!

Thanks again, hope to hear from others as well! :)