Search Unity

Space Builder : Genesis - Spatial Environment generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DarkAnvil, Sep 23, 2014.

1. jf3000

jf3000

Has this asset finished updating or adding anything new, because you mentioned a few times of SB Armageddon, yet I don't see anything. Do you plan on updating this at all?

2. DarkAnvil

DarkAnvil

Hi,

SB Armageddon is still going on, but it will be another package, not an upgrade.

3. Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs

Is there any way to load another cosmos from within a scene? It seems like they are tied to specific scenes.

4. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

The cosmos are linked to a scene, if you want to change the cosmos, just load a new scene. Unless you use them as skybox, so this case, we must just change the images of the skybox

5. juan-jo

juan-jo

Maybe the new multi-scene management in Unity 5.3 can help…

6. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

yes, I had not thought to try

7. Rockape005

Rockape005

Hi.
    I'm New to Unity and have just purchased SB-Genesis and on install have encountered the following Scripting errors due to deprecations. Is there an update for these?.
    If not how does one fix these problems?

I have a little experience in coding (VB mainly), is this something I would be able to do given the right info?
    1. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/CosmosParticle.cs(80,54): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.Particle.size' is obsolete: `size property is deprecated. Use startSize or GetCurrentSize() instead.'

2. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/CosmosParticle.cs(82,54): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.Particle.color' is obsolete: `color property is deprecated. Use startColor or GetCurrentColor() instead."

3. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/CosmosParticle.cs(94,78): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.Particle.color' is obsolete: `color property is deprecated. Use startColor or GetCurrentColor() instead.'

4. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/CosmosParticle.cs(94,104): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.Particle.color' is obsolete: `color property is deprecated. Use startColor or GetCurrentColor() instead.'

5. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/CosmosParticle.cs(94,130): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.Particle.color' is obsolete: `color property is deprecated. Use startColor or GetCurrentColor() instead.'

6. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/CosmosParticle.cs(94,46): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.Particle.color' is obsolete: `color property is deprecated. Use startColor or GetCurrentColor() instead.'

7. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/CosmosParticle.cs(118,37): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.enableEmission' is obsolete: `enableEmission property is deprecated. Use emission.enable instead.'

8. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/CosmosParticle.cs(120,37): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.emissionRate' is obsolete: `emissionRate property is deprecated. Use emission.rate instead.'

9. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/CosmosParticle.cs(138,45): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.ParticleSystem.Emit(UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Vector3, float, float, UnityEngine.Color32)' is obsolete: `Emit with specific parameters is deprecated. Pass a ParticleSystem.EmitParams parameter instead, which allows you to override some/all of the emission properties'

10. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/Editor/SaveSceneTexture.cs(199,87): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorApplication.currentScene' is obsolete: `Use EditorSceneManager to see which scenes are currently loaded'

11. Assets/SpaceBuilderGenesis/Script/Editor/SaveSceneTexture.cs(250,35): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorApplication.SaveScene()' is obsolete: `Use EditorSceneManager.SaveScene'
    Thanks in Advance.

8. DarkAnvil

DarkAnvil

Hi,

These are only warnings, could you tell us the version of Unity that you use

9. Rockape005

Rockape005

Hi.
    Sorry "my bad" should have included that info. Version 5.3.4f1 Personal

10. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

OFF TOPIC: but any status on this amazing space dog fight thing...?

11. DarkAnvil

DarkAnvil

Hi,

this package is still ongoing, but it will publish under The Hedgehog Team Label.We rebuilt the engine from scratch to use physical, and have a true modular system (spaceship / Destructible entity / Pool Manager etc ...)

wetcircuit likes this.
  12. DarkAnvil

DarkAnvil

@Rockape005
    Normally these warning should not prevent space builder run

13. Rockape005

Rockape005

Hi.
    I take it from your reply I can assume that every thing should perform normally within the various editors with no impact on the functionality of the creation process.

Thx for your assistance and timely responses.

14. FleepLoovay

FleepLoovay

Hello
    I do have a little issue with my comprehension of how the system work...I need to have the same cosmos setting for several scenes.
    How do I do that?
    Prefab is not working,
    I tried copying my original scene, but then when I try to make a change, when I save, the cosmos revert back to what is in the other scenes...

I have unity pro (5.2.0f3)

hmmm... in fact it seems that when I save, it removes the rendering of nebulaes...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  15. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I'm not seeing this in the online docs… is there a way to add my own planet prefabs so they are used instead…?

16. StrangeLightGames

StrangeLightGames

Hi!
    Great asset!
    We have a problem, when we generate a cosmos, after a few time, we can't see the nebula or the stars anymore. The textures are generated but not rendered at the skybox. We generate again and again and nothing changes. The only way we've found to see a nebula again is generating a new cosmos.

We are working in Unity 5.4.1

17. Nimred

Nimred

I'm having serious generation issues as well. After lots of tweaking/generations I got myself in a situation where the starfield generates a lot of stars at the seams of the skybox, which makes the cube shape very obvious. However the same parameters worked fine before, and every attempt to return to a satisfactory state has failed. Even restarting the editor has not solved the issue, indicating that whatever is broken has been saved into the scene. I don't want to generate a new cosmos, because I spent 2 hours tweaking my nebulas and I want to keep them.

18. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Can you give your Unity version

19. Nimred

Nimred

Sorry, didn't get an email when you replied.
    My unity version is 5.3.3

20. Cdngater

Cdngater

Hi, I'm running Unity 5.5.0b11 and I have a odd ball thing happening I don't know what to do about.

I create the Cosmos in the editor, everything looks as I expect it to in the Editor. BUT, when I run the game, the background only gets some of the stuff, the big thing missing are the background star fields.

I tried skybox/noskybox generation. No difference.

Any idea why the star fields are missing when running?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016