Search Unity

[Solved] Sprites showing in game but not in editor

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Kooshy, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Kooshy

Kooshy

I'm relatively new to Unity and it's likely I'm just not doing this right, but the inconsistency between views has me even more puzzled.

In the scene view, I can see the border around a sprite I just dragged in, but it's not actually being drawn. However, if I click over to the game view, it shows up just fine.

For a short video, see here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8SdycM9odZ5RFQzLUhOOHlvdFk/view?usp=sharing

Thoughts? Is there some editor setting I might have flipped by accident and told it not to draw things? I'm following a Unity course where, so far, I've only been using UI elements, so this is my first foray into rendering from worldspace, and if I have something misconfigured, I wouldn't have noticed before.

naviln likes this.
  2. Kooshy

Kooshy

Well, that's embarrassing. After totally giving up on this, I came back and looked through the UI for anything and everything that even looks like it would hide things and on a lark..found this:
    upload_2017-4-16_1-42-53.png

I'm guessing closed some eyes at some point. Opening the "Everything" eye brought my sprite back, which..makes sense. Sorry for the false alarm..

naviln likes this.
  3. yanerobot

yanerobot

Thanks dude

4. mrfordegames

mrfordegames

Happened to me too, so don't be embarrased - it was your response here that probably saved me a lot more hair-pulling! So thanks!.