Search Unity

[Solved] Launch already builded + get logs

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ben-maurin, Jun 21, 2017.

1. ben-maurin

ben-maurin

Hi,

I've some strange crashes when loading scene only when building as UWP for windows 10 (not in normal PC build). I would like to fix it but I have some issues :

- I can't find a log file on the build directory. In normal PC build, there is a output_log.txt , but for UWP I can't find one. I've seen in the forum some devs that link some logs. Where do you find it?

- When I try to launch the exe (without doing "build and run" in Unity), I have a popup with this message that shows up : "This application can only run in the context of an app container".
    Is there a way to launch it whitout rebuilding it?
    EDIT : for this I found a way in Visual studio, with "Debug installed app package".

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Go to AppData\Local\Packages, you should find your app directory there. You can find log in TempState folder.

3. ben-maurin

ben-maurin

Thanks !
    So you confirm using "Debug installed app package" via Visual studio is the only way to relaunch an already built project? because it slow the game a lot. And of course if you "stop" in visual, the app close.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

There are 4 ways to launch it:

* Build & Run from Unity;
    * Press F5 in Visual Studio after opening the generated VS project;
    * Debug installed app package in VS;
    * Launch it through start menu. Once you launch it through VS or Build & Run, it will appear in your start menu and you'll be able to launch it that way.