Search Unity

[Solved] Enabling Controller Emulator input on Cardboard builds?

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by cLick1338, May 23, 2017.

1. cLick1338

cLick1338

Using Unity 2017.1.0b6 and the latest (as of today) SDK package.

I want to be able to use the Controller Emulator as input on a non-Daydream phone. I know it works because I've done it before on earlier versions of Unity/GVR SDK.

I know it wouldn't be ideal, but I need it as a proof-of-concept app for a small project. The controller works fine if I build for Daydream, but then I don't have stereoscopic rendering. If I build for Cardboard, stereoscopic rendering works, the controller emulator somehow still connects successfully, but the only input is still the standard cardboard gaze one.

I'm using a nearly unmodified version of the GVRDemo scene. It's probably a quick fix but I'm new to this and I couldn't manage to figure it out.

2. cLick1338

cLick1338

Nevermind, I figured it out - albeit hacky and possibly problematic:

Under Demos\Scripts\ find DemoInputManager.cs, line 257. Change the isDaydream to the appropriate booleans and it should work.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    arvasigaran likes this.
  3. jesscuzhusband

jesscuzhusband

Hey UDN...: I'm happy you figured it out. Yuur post seems to be the closest thing posted that resembles my current delema. I'm piggy backing on a GVR demo scene and since 3 of the last 4 VR headsets I've bought don't have a touch screen button - I am trying to get a keyboard to do all the inputs (arrows are working fine) but I can't figure out why my fire1 button doesn't seem to work as a touch screen substitute. I would really like your help. I've spent many youtube/google hours trying to figure it out. The left-ctrl doesn't work either. NOthing.