Search Unity

Bug [SOLVED] Dependencies not installed

Discussion in 'Linux' started by syjgin, Oct 9, 2016.

1. syjgin

syjgin

After reinstalling my Kubuntu I have found, that unity editor package (unity-editor-5.4.1f1+20160913_amd64) installed without dependencies (previously I installed it via QApt, but with GDebi result was same). For example, after trying to run Monodevelop, there are error message in console, that mono not found:

/opt/Unity/MonoDevelop/bin/monodevelop: string 25: exec: mono: not found

After that I found list of all package dependencies and installed it manually (java runtime cannot be installed in that way, so I installed it separately with oracle-java8-installer package):

sudo apt-get install debconf gconf-service lib32gcc1 lib32stdc++6 libasound2 libc6 libc6-i386 libcairo2 libcap2 libcups2 libdbus-1-3 libexpat1 libfontconfig1 libfreetype6 libgcc1 libgconf-2-4 libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1 libglib2.0-0 libglu1-mesa libglu1 libgtk2.0-0 libnspr4 libnss3 libpango1.0-0 libstdc++6 libx11-6 libxcomposite1 libxcursor1 libxdamage1 libxext6 libxfixes3 libxi6 libxrandr2 libxrender1 libxtst6 zlib1g libpng12-0 libpq5 lsb-release xdg-utils npm ffmpeg libav-tools nodejs java6-runtime gzip monodevelop java-jdk

But after this, Unity's Monodevelop (surprisingly:)) starts using system mono libraries, not they own. So, after trying to build project, there are errors like this:

/usr/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets: Warning: Reference 'System.XML' not resolved (Assembly-CSharp)
    /home/harinezumi/projects/zerotram-next/Zerotram-next/CSC: Error CS0518: The predefined type `System.Object' is not defined or imported (CS0518) (Assembly-CSharp)
    /home/harinezumi/projects/zerotram-next/Zerotram-next/CSC: Error CS0518: The predefined type `System.ValueType' is not defined or imported (CS0518) (Assembly-CSharp)
    /home/harinezumi/projects/zerotram-next/Zerotram-next/CSC: Error CS0518: The predefined type `System.Attribute' is not defined or imported (CS0518) (Assembly-CSharp)
    /home/harinezumi/projects/zerotram-next/Zerotram-next/CSC: Error CS0518: The predefined type `System.Int32' is not defined or imported (CS0518) (Assembly-CSharp)

What system logs can I submit to find, what's wrong? What is the proper way to install .deb package? This error reproduced in KDE Neon(user edition), Kubuntu 16.04.1, and Ubuntu 16.04.1 (I thought, that this is some KDE-specific error, but that was not true)

I was trying to install with default such file type (.deb) handlers (Ubuntu software center in Ubuntu and QApt in Kubuntu). After first error, I was trying to reinstall via "dpkg -i" and "apt-get install -f" to resolve dependencies, but last command does nothing.

2. syjgin

syjgin

So, after trying to install standalone installer in ubuntu 16.04.1 I have found same error. Maybe there are additional dependencies need to be added for this version? I will try install in earlier versions later, but for now I have to switch to windows as development platform:(

3. syjgin

syjgin

Solved by installing sudo apt-get install mono-complete gnome-sharp2 (which is not installed by default in Kubuntu, I guess) and changing build target to Mono 4.5 in generated solution. Maybe this can help somebody

Barnaby_Mercer and lassade like this.
  4. JSBmanD

JSBmanD

Hello, where I need to change build target to mono 4.5?

5. syjgin

syjgin

Right click on Assembly-CSharp -> options -> Build -> General -> Target Framework.
    But on current version of editor there are no such errors

Barnaby_Mercer and lassade like this.