Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Commit failed, now Collaborate Window is blank

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by slcrubes, Sep 5, 2016.

1. slcrubes

slcrubes

My collaborator and I are pretty new to Collaborate, so hopefully this will make some sense, as I'm relating information second-hand from him. We are using 5.4.0f3.

I created a new empty project for Collaborate, turned everything on, added an object and a scene for testing purposes, and committed those changes. Everything worked on my end. My collaborator joined the project and created the local version on his machine, which contained the test object and scene, so it was working on his end too.

He proceeded to add an Asset folder containing some of his assets into the project. When he went to commit the changes, he said he received an error: "Failed to connect to core.cloud.unity3d.com port 433: Timed out." Now initially, he said all the models had "the green checkmark" on them, so he thought they had registered, but nothing showed up on my end -- it continued to say that my project was up to date.

Here is a screenshot from his machine. The assets he added to the Asset folder have green ellipses instead of a checkmark. At this point, he had also added some models to the scene, so the Main Scene changes still need to be committed:

However, if he now goes to the Collaborate dropdown in the toolbar, he gets a blank window:

As I mentioned, none of his changes registered with the project (ie, nothing in the project Collaborate dashboard online, and nothing showing up on my machine).

I'm sure there are details I didn't make clear, so let me know if there's anything else that I could provide...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  2. Icemourne

Icemourne

Same problem here. Any changes for you today?

3. slcrubes

slcrubes

No, my machine still says I'm up to date on my end. No change on my collaborator's side.

4. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

@slcrubes @Icemourne im trying to track down that error as well as find a resolution for both of you asap. Is there anyway you could submit a bug report and ping me the case #? Im hoping to get a clearer picture from the affected editor logs.

thank you for reporting the issue. i'll still be investigating on my end.

5. slcrubes

slcrubes

holliebuckets likes this.
  6. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

perfect! thank you so much! I'm in Copenhagen this week so I'll be working out of sync with the rest of my team, but technically thats around the clock service! ;) I'l reply to your bug so you know I've started the process

7. TomekCoduar

TomekCoduar

Hi!, Calling for help from Poland now, got exactly the same problem, did anyone found a solution to that blank window ?

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @TomekCoduar! I'm sorry you're running into this issue. Thanks for letting us know what region your in. Are you seeing this issue happen on other machines?

Can you check the following for me?
    1. Turn off firewall and proxies.
    2. Check if firewall allows these domains through:
      *.unity3d.com
      *.cloud.unity3d.com
      *.*.amazonaws.com
      *.pubnub.com
    3. Check if running more than one instance of Unity.

9. TomekCoduar

TomekCoduar

Hi @ryan_unity !

The problem occurred when Unity crashed while downloading updates. It is only on my desktop. Tried deleting every conflict file but it didnt change anything. Tried clicking "Restore" on update that was updating when crashed. Nothing changed. On some other post i read that i could delete files in AppData/Roaming/... so that Unity would download those files again. Did it, nothing changed. Right now i completely downloaded my project from cloud and it works, but that is not a solution. At that time i had a few changes that i had copied to new project but what if i couldn't copy it. Right now I am really happy to use Collaborate bcs it is really awesome, and i wouldnt like to change it :)
    Hope that will help somehow to find a fix to that problem.

10. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

@TomekCoduar I'm glad you got it working again, but you're right that isn't a good solution. In the future, if you run into that situation again, you can try deleting your Collab snapshot file in your project's Library/Collab folder. This well essentially reset Collab's local state and can help you get out of a lot of broken states. I hope you continue to enjoy using Collaborate and let us know if you run into any more issues!

11. TomekCoduar

TomekCoduar

@ryanc-unity Thanks for the tip, will remember it :) I will definitely still use Collab in the future.

Ryan-Unity likes this.