Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Action Failed. Services not available.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by MackNugget, Jul 8, 2017.

1. MackNugget

MackNugget

All of a sudden after a couple days I can't access the services tab in any of my Unity Projects either on Windows or Mac. When I try to push in collaborate, nothing happens. No error notice or any other feedback.

Then when I open up the services tab and select my Organization, still nothing happens. If I then select "Create", I just get an error message that says "Action Failed. Service Unavailable."

Anyone experience this?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @MackNugget! I'm sorry that you're running into this issue. Which version of Unity are you using? Is your internet connection stable?

3. Dudicus

Dudicus

@ryanc-unity I'm getting this too. I use Linux. (build 5.5.0xb5) I was going to set up multiplayer, but R.I.P.

4. Dudicus

Dudicus

I found a solution @MackNugget. What you need to do is go to Unity Services and archive your old folder for that game and remake it in editor.

5. PaulRdy

PaulRdy

@ryanc-unity I'm getting the same problem. My Unity version is 2017.1.0f3 and internet connection is perfectly stable. I would like to keep the changes I've made on my local machine but can't commit or push to the server.

I've tried to create a new project ID but that gives me the same error message. It started happening after I implemented Unity Multiplayer. Not sure what you mean @Dudicus by the Unity Services Folder. It's not in my asset-folder.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @PaulRdy! I'm sorry you're running into this issue. We're actively working on a fix at this moment. The problem is that the Services regressed into not allowing you to create a link to a project that has the same name as a project that you already have in that Organization.

Until the fix gets patched, what you can do is go to your Developer Dashboard at https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/, find your project that you're having issues creating a link for in your list of projects, rename it to something else (like add "_2" to the end), then go back to Unity and try to create a link again. Now it should work. Let me know if that unblocks you.

shinichikudo997 likes this.
  7. PaulRdy

PaulRdy

@ryanc-unity Thank you! Yup, that worked. Still not quite sure what caused the unlinking in the first place but all is well now :)

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  8. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

Thanks for this - it was driving me mad. So you will update to allow projects with the same name in the future, like how it used to work?

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

10. shinichikudo997

shinichikudo997

Thank you this worked, I wonder why this still exixts in 2022