Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Slender -- Beta 0.9

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AgentParsec, Jun 27, 2012.

1. gamerserabut

gamerserabut

i have follow this game from v0.9.1. great game with creepy atmosphere! i hope you can include option to set mouse sensitivity, contrast, brightness and even sound volume in your next update.

2. Csubi

Csubi

Well, if you, or anyone else, can point me out to an earlier verion, with the old render settings, I could try it. If it doesn't lag there, it is the issue, if it still lags (and for my friend too, I'd test it with him), it's something else. :D I have a PC at home too, a bit old, but still worth a try. But still, an earlier version might enlighten us :D

3. Blacklight

Blacklight

Would I be possible for you to upload the game to a different hosting site? Or post a webplayer?

4. Mataxia

Mataxia

The new version is definitely running a bit better than 0.9.3 on my computer, but still not as smooth as 0.9.1 (which ran flawlessly).

5. Csubi

Csubi

First of all, sorry for possible spamming :D
    Secondly: I downloaded v0.9.1 and... Well it still runs bad, but a bit better (I actually see some minor difference when changing resolutions and settings), but still kinda unplayble (only a few FPS). So, my bet would me: this game has a huge CPU hunger, which is bad for me as it's my weak spot. Turning off flashlight makes it run a bit better, but still, the game is scary as it is even with flashlight on :D
    Anyway, I believe the issue partially lies in the render, as you supposed, but, I believe, the other issue is the CPU hunger. I'll try a few things more and tell my friend to try this version, I'll let you know if I find something worth mentioning.

6. Light Yagami

Light Yagami

Holy crap. I just tried v0.9.1 again, and it runs even better than v0.9.4. It's still pretty slow, but there's a noticeable difference.

7. Csubi

Csubi

Well, my friend tries 0.9.1 too. It runs SLIGHTLY better from him too but still runs bad in overall. (If we keep looking the ground it runs better though :D) I hope you can think of something and it will get solved! Keep up the good work, I'll keep following your progress!

8. ATNEDev

ATNEDev

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery scary game! As a fan of PewDiePie, the original guy who started the trend of horror game son Youtube, gave up after 4 episodes xD He played like 100+ hours of Amnesia and Penumbra, but this game is just too much to him :) Also, he promoted it in some sense, and because of him, I even consider donating if you make it possible :D

9. Jacksendary

Jacksendary

PEWDIEPIE!!! :p awesome game dude, so simple yet so F***ing scary! GJ!

10. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

Was watching PewDiePie play part 5 when I got an idea for your game. It'd be nice if you had a second camera that would take screenshots of moments when you pass by Slender without even seeing him. Psychologically that would freak you out afterwards because of how close you came to losing the game.

11. pivotraze

pivotraze

Follow my posts. I'm uploading all of his versions onto mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rxl2xkdjaby0571 (v0.9.4)

12. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

I'm finding, for the mac version, that you don't need to register, per se, but you so need to sign in with some account - even if it's Facebook or twitter.

13. pivotraze

pivotraze

P.S., it runs even worse than v0.9.3 on my comp :p

14. Blacklight

Blacklight

Thanks pivotraze!

I played it at highest settings and it ran fine. Damn scary though.

15. ascott8912

ascott8912

i need help. I am playing from my macbook, and i just cant turn off the flashlight, i use the macbook equivelant to a right click but it just doesnt work. can anyone help?

16. Csubi

Csubi

Maybe stupid question, but did you download the Mac version?

17. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Could you please put it in a dropbox or on a different website? I'm not to keen on making a new account/using a existing one :( or even better a web build?

18. Plwjr

Plwjr

19. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Plwjr: You have linked to a local file. You either need to upload the file to the forum or you need to point the forum to a hosted image (like skitch.com or dropbox.com).

20. AgentParsec

AgentParsec

There's a secondary button that turns on and off the flashlight, default for it is F. You need to be playing the latest version for it to be there, the older version didn't have it.

21. pivotraze

pivotraze

Anytime :)

Follow my posts, I upload it to mediafire.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rxl2xkdjaby0571

22. pivotraze

pivotraze

HAHA!

I bet Mediafire hates me right now. I have nothing (almost) on my Mediafire, and I've seeded so many downloads.
    Slender Stuff:

Other stuff:

23. Michael94

Michael94

Greetings from Germany here, I downloaded your game yesterday and I love it. Already shared it with alot people in forums which are fascinated by it too.

It´s really great that you´re still working on the game and are trying to make it even better than it is. In my opinion, there should be more reactions from the main character, eg. a scream or a "Oh my god!" when she sees slendy or when he stands right in front of her? Would be great if you could add something like that.

24. Broadbandcorpse

Broadbandcorpse

I just downloaded the update and it crashes again it gets to the slender logo and then crashes, Anyone know how to fix it?

25. Light Yagami

Light Yagami

I didn't make the game, but I can tell you that that wouldn't be a good idea. If a scream is added, then the scares almost certainly wouldn't be as effective, because the player is the only one who's supposed to be screaming. This is a game that you have to immerse yourself in for the full effect; you are in the forest being stalked by Slender Man. But with screams coming from the character inside the game instead of just the player, it wouldn't work as well. It would really give the impression that just the character is inside the forest - which is true, but it wouldn't be as scary.

26. Silent_Scope

Silent_Scope

My question to everyone playing Slender 0.9.4 is what computers are you playing on? Its not a very demanding game by the looks, my PC runs it at full graphics 1920x1480 resolution.

27. Broetchaen

Broetchaen

hey, i really love your game! great work!
    if you need help with modeling stuff just shoot me a pm :)

28. Jona-Marklund

Jona-Marklund

Just tried your game out last night, almost broke my screen when I threw my headphones at it.

I don't really have any critique other than that it might be nice with some variation as far as trees are concerned.

Well done, you really managed to make me never want to start it again! =)

29. CovertHoax

CovertHoax

Love this game.

Few things that really do bug me about it though is the speed of the slenderman..
    Has anyone actually ever got 8 pages??
    I managed to get 7 but by that time he was so aggressive that I just couldn't get away.. (This was in version 0.9.1)
    In the 0.9.4 version I cant seem to get past 5 pages. :S

I like how the torch moves down when you run. and its nice how even if you try to look up at the sky the torch still stays pointing down.
    I also like the adrenalin that you get when you see him.. really adds to the feel of "OMFG RUN!!" ^_^

I would like some way of telling what your stamina is at though.
    Even if its something like a small bar in the bottom corner for now so that I can see when I'm close to out of breath.
    If it was real life then you would be more aware of how much breath you have back in order to run again, and the not knowing does bug me slightly.. (It's bearable but would be nice to add something for it)

Also I know you said that when you get over a % of being scared you see tenticials.
    Maybe adding a heart rate monitor as a watch like thing would be good too..
    **You went for a late night run in the park and got lost, your stumbleing about with a torch and you till have on your heart rate monitor that you used for jogging.. this would then mean you could glance at it with a button press, I would show how much your heart is beating (Depending on how much you have run and how scared you are.)

Again you would have to look at your heart rate monitor and so while you looked at it your torch could be facing to one side in order for you to check the watch like thing.
    (Maybe its on your waist and when you press the button you look down at it and so it distracts you from looking forward and the torch lights up the ground.)

Just a few ideas ^_^

I like the game as a whole. I just find that you dont get much info on the status of the character. Maybe rather than a heart monitor you get a hear beat sound that speads up when you run or are scared.. Meh.. just something to make me more aware of the stats.

I'd love to know what you think of this.

Also not sure if this is supposed to happen but sometimes I dont see a note on things like the weird tree, and it never seems to show up, but then on another play through it does.. :S

Maybe also add some sounds like twigs snapping when you walk about or when he's walking about. To make you jump and check behind you to see if anythings there.. might put you on edge a bit more.

Maybe even add some blood trails... like where that truck is with the door open.. you could add some dragg lines of blood from the open truck door to that small box tool shed like place, leading to the doorway and a bloody hand print of slendermans long fingers on the door.. maybe even the words "keep out" written in blood on it..

Blood always makes you on edge because you think "hmmm not such a nice happy game any more, theres blood.. something is viscous"

Also I noticed that the screen did this odd flicker with the noise even though i couldn't see him.. it was only half a second or so but it S*** me up lol.. im guessing thats for added effect.. would be good if while you look at him that happens every now and again, with your torch flickering, and when it flickers off for a split second, the slenderman vanishes to somewhere else (behind you or something.) but with him vaishing you then panic about where is he. rather than being able to keep a slight eye on him...

HAHA quite a few ideas and i have many more.. but just thought I'd post a few to see feedback and if you were going to do something like that.

Over all brilliant game.

P.S. is there going to be a inbuilt map? maybe on a poster in the house or something??

30. Domey

Domey

31. XavLar

XavLar

Some Suggestions for your game:

• Eerie Fog
    • Randomly Generated Forest
    • Slenderman custom Music
    • Some forest animals moving to scare people even more :)

32. DrMPepper

DrMPepper

Excuse me, but I was wondering how I could get this amazing game to run faster as it seems to be going at under 10fps, which kind of sucks. Thanks in advance.

33. Woofington

Woofington

I have been trying to play this game for a while, but everytime I doubleclick the slender.exe, it takes me to the settings page, and then when I click Play! it tries to do something but windows says it has "stopped working" and I have to close it. Please, any help or ideas!?

34. Harikana

Harikana

I have tried but it's too heavy :\

35. Domey

Domey

Yesterday i played 2 times, every round i found all 8 Pages :D
    (and unlocked the 2 Hidden Modes) ......20$ is sooooo funny x)

36. KevinEightSeven

KevinEightSeven

This is one pretty scary game. Great job dev! Have you ever considered some kind of multiplayer mode? I noticed that someone has already started working on a Slender mod using the Source engine that also have plans for multiplayer. The idea is great and could add a ton of replay value.

37. Catlinman

Catlinman

Realy like the game but I get too scared to play it at some times... Is there any chance you could upload the unity project so others could use it for their own learning purposes? Would love to see how you made the raytracing system.

38. wmgcata

wmgcata

I found the thread how he kind of tells how he made Slender. Just google Unity3d Slenderman and you'll find it.

It's funny if you read how all of this started, and that he got a bunch of help to achieve this. ;-)

39. chrisx84

chrisx84

COOL, i thought this game was made in Unity 3D when i was it on Rage Quit by Rooster Teeth.

40. xniinja

xniinja

You know, just because of this game I might make Pedo. Yeah, you know where that's going.

41. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Is this the same version that all the big youtubers are covering? Seems to have spammed my facebook and youtube wall today. Congratulations on the coverage if so :)

42. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Game as seemed to have gone viral, everyone has been playing it.

43. xalener

xalener

Slenderman is like the internet's Mickeymouse. This was sure to be a hit from the start ;)

44. DragonMX6

DragonMX6

When I download it a error message appears and i look in the file thats extracted and nothing is in it.Is the upload messed up or something.

45. drb1992

drb1992

46. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Amongst others, Heres a list. Id be very proud about this guys haha:

Syndicate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiVLTdJIV4U&feature=g-logo-xit

Seananners: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Hxr...e_gdata_player

PewDiePie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyIRB_CBV5s

WhiteBoy7thst: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFkHK5jwFfc

Im waiting for the YogsCast coverage hahah

47. Silent_Scope

Silent_Scope

I know AgentParsec hasn't responded in awhile, perhaps you guys are contemplating making a full game? Or perhaps not, however eventually I thought of a cool feature you should have/add-on. A Slender Cam, so once you've lost/beaten the game you can replay the game you've just played looking through the eyes of Slenderman, just to see how close he got to you're character :)

48. Poboot

Poboot

I wish to read changelogs from 0.9 till 0.9.4 and the endings, because they changed

49. AgentParsec

AgentParsec

All the changelogs are in the reame file in each version.

Just uploaded v0.9.5, will fix the links on the first page.

50. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Just a tip, don't feel pressured by the internet fame, just finish it in your own time, stick it up on steam and enjoy the revenue. Good luck.