Search Unity

Skyshop - Image-Based Lighting Tools

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by monkeyscience, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Oh! Yes that would do it. Skyshop comes bundled with a slightly newer version of Lightmapping Extended (straight from github). It is recommended you delete prior installs of LME from your project. I wish there was a clean, asset manager'y way to handle this. :(

2. homerender

homerender

Hello. Why no lightprobes in the example scene "mopedProbed"? $20130618-mydl-104kb.jpg

3. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Interesting. What version and license of Unity are you running?

4. homerender

homerender

4.1.2 Pro

5. Iamdain

Iamdain

+1 for stripped down / optimized mobile shaders, any idea of time-frame for those MS?

Would love to hear results of anyone running on mobile with current system too..

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  6. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Hmmmm, not quite sure. I've tested on that very version of Unity. Maybe try rebaking the light-probes?

7. SteveSexton

SteveSexton

Hey Guys,
    I've just come across a little glitch (perhaps) i was on IOS platform and i wasnt able to convert my HDR, so i had to switch back to pc/mac mode delete my original png and re import and then compute my hdr, and add it too my scene.. THEN jump back... just a note for those of you guys trying it...

8. ironbelly

ironbelly

Howdy.. First of all great plugin, it' smaking our scenes look amazing. There are a few glitches however that are giving us pause for concern. First of all we had an issue of our flashlight affecting an object but then not the floor that the object was sitting on. We think this might be because there was a spot light shining on the floor but not on this object and marmoset only lights having 1 light per surface but that is completely heresay, so I'd love to hear your thoughts as to why this would happen: http://screencast.com/t/Y92lO9fi2A

The next issue is that with the Marmoset shaders on we are getting strange normals all over the place on some meshes.. turn Marmoset shaders off and the problems go away. No clue at all about this one but wondering if anyone else is experiencing this:
    http://screencast.com/t/DyX6dIjj
    http://screencast.com/t/4T2i9Il0
    http://screencast.com/t/0zcOnMFjCMi

Again, the shader looks awesome, we so desperately want to use it to push the visual quality of our demos to another level,we just need to get through these issues first.

Thanks!

9. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Are you running the game in deferred? And also your models with the normal errors, I would check your mesh...

10. omarzonex

omarzonex

wow fantastic monkeyscience
    very more nice reality

11. ironbelly

ironbelly

Yea, we're looking over the meshes it's just odd that these issues aren't showing up without marmoset.
    We are running the game in Deferred yep.

12. kenshin

kenshin

Seems that the new asset store version now works fine in deferred render. :)

13. Frozan

Frozan

Hey MonkeyScience!

first of all i want to say this is amazing. really liking what skyshop has to offer for content. had a quick question about how you would go about adding grime or dirtying up of a pillar at the base?

from what i can tell there isn't any support for a second UV set to overlay a texture of a dirty edge or anything of the such.

haven't been able to test vertex paint on it as well but wanted to see if you had a preferred way to do it. thanks in advance and keep up the awesome!

14. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Yeah, right now the shaders are all limited to one set of UVs so you'd have to include any dirt and grime in the base textures. You could alternately render transparent grime geometry over the base of the pillars. There have been other requests for a second UV set, I'm going to take a look at it when I get a chance.

15. maart

maart

A second uv set or some tiling options would be awosome

16. qholmes

qholmes

Is there a refund policy? I am doing industrial building/room layouts and was wondering if it would be appropriate or be ok performance wise etc..

Also wondering about a real life example. Like normal models that arent all textured up etc..

Thanks

Q

17. omarzonex

omarzonex

this my working PoliceCar Engine Marmoset Skyshop

Awosome

Thank's monkeyscience very your Thank'z

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  18. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

+1 to all of these.

19. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

These are all awesome... Definitely +1

20. lemures

lemures

Not sure this where to make request for this plug-in, but some shaders that sample vertex color for lerping would be nice to see in the future.

21. HolBol

HolBol

So is there any chance this could be hooked up to a realtime reflection cubemap, so the lighting is dynamic, all the time?

22. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

At the moment no, the cubemap needs to be preprocessed for diffuse and various gloss levels of specular reflection; math that's too intense for real-time :-(.

23. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  24. artjobz

artjobz

Is there any chance that at some point the cube maps generated by Sky Shop could be exported to .DDS files?

25. homerender

homerender

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  26. nipoco

nipoco

Please don't post links to that site here publicly!

27. homerender

homerender

Ooops. Sorry. I just wanted to help.

28. nipoco

nipoco

You could send them a PM about that.

29. rrasq

rrasq

Hi guys.

I need help, im trying to use a hdr file to make sky in skyshop... but all formats i had use are wrong... i have unity3d error: about texture wrong format RGBA4444.

How i can conwert this to proper format or how i can make proper hdr file for skyshop???

Thx for help.

30. duncanx

duncanx

Can this build the cubemaps at runtime or if not, can anyone recommend a plugin to do that and use along with skyshop?

31. Strongholdbk

Strongholdbk

You know what would be awesome? If you could add external lightmaps to this tool set. I would buy this all over again if it had that feature.

32. juancarlos.nunez

juancarlos.nunez

*problem solved

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  33. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

Any skin shader support with skyshop?

Dev

34. AlecMoody

AlecMoody

This is 100% skyshop shaders:

Once I get farther along with modelling I will bake lightmaps and get some nice directional lighting into the scene.

$armco.jpg

35. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

This is PRETTY AS HELL

36. PFI_Viz

PFI_Viz

what is the UI that flashes on the screen while you adjust the emmisive map intensity in the video. it looks really polished!

37. wensk

wensk

Hi, I used skyshop material in my scene, but everything looks not good if from beyond, how to solve it?
    $t3.jpg $t2.jpg

38. lmbarns

lmbarns

I have an issue where all my marmoset shaders are black when applied in the editor. If I open the example scene it works fine, then when I go back to my original scene the shaders will show correctly. But the next time I open Unity they will be black again.

Also had problems with black shaders in built game while they show normally in the editor. Do I have to move the folders around or something? I'm using 4.1.5 and 4.2

39. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Shaders showing as black in the editor and then being fine when you switch scenes or select a sky are a normal occurrence. It is hard to get Unity to apply shader parameters in the editor sometimes. Easiest fix for this in Skyshop 1.04+ is Edit->Skyshop->Refresh Skies (or the Ctrl+R shortcut). This will force-refresh every sky in the scene.

If shaders are showing black in game builds, you might be running into a non-supported shader issue (probably on Mobile). I've tried to automate the fallback of shaders to mobile shaders as much as I can, but you should be using all Marmoset/Mobile/ shaders on mobile platforms.

There is also a mass conversion script for this now: "Edit->Skyshop->Convert Scene/Project to Mobile" and "to Standard" will convert them back to non-mobile ones.

40. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

What I think you are seeing is texture aliasing and is more of a general rendering issue than anything to do with Skyshop's shaders. Select each of your textures and look at them in the Texture Inspector. Make sure all textures are mipmapped and use bi- or trilinear filtering. This can even be a problem with high FXAA settings; there is a limit to what screen-space AA can fix.

41. monkeyscience

monkeyscience

Hey guys, I'm going to ask the mods to lock this thread. Please post issues and questions to:

>> The Official Skyshop Product Thread <<

It can be found in the Assets Asset Store section of the forums. This way we can have a single thread everyone can browse and learn from :). Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  42. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

This is now locked! Monkey business goes on in other thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.