Search Unity

Skele: Character Animation Tools, Cutscenes and Animations authoring tools

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TMPxyz, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ffman22

ffman22

can I use this plugin to record the mocap data that I capture in runtime with my prioVR mocap suit?

2. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

Hello,

I am having a problem with the MuscleClipConverter.
    I take a humanoid model with 1 clip in the AC.
    When I use MuscleClipConverter it creates a generic clip just fine.
    But the new clip is just the first frame of the original repeated for all frames.
    Any ideas why something like this would happen? is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance!

3. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, Developers,

I've submitted Skele v1.9.7p3 to AssetStore, it's already online now.
    This update implements new workaround to fix the keyframe "wild spin" issue, means sometimes the negative angles in keyframe will be snapped to positive by adding 360;
    It's highly suggested to update to this version.

There is an active related issue since August/2016, please help to vote on the Unity issuetracker to push them fix it earlier :)
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...eyframes-with-negative-angle-by-editor-script

Best regards,

4. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, ffman22,

I've never used prioVR before, could you tell me what's the output data from prioVR?

Does it export the animation data in archive(fbx/dae), bvh or just raw data?

If it exports archives, then you could change it into GENERIC/HUMANOID rig within Unity natively.
    If it exports bvh or raw data, I think you might need to use priovr SDK to transform the data into Unity-friendly format.

Best regards,

5. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, katasteel,

Thanks for your report :)

After some digging, it seems that the UnityEditorInternal API is modified a bit and the m_ActiveAnimationClip is removed.
    I've made an update to fix that. You should see it in v1.9.7p4 within 24 hours.

Best regards,

6. chelnok

chelnok

7. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Yep, I vaguely remembered I could give all my votes on one issue before, now I can only give one.

The issuetracker would return your vote when the issue is closed, I'm not sure if that's your case. If you still remember which issue you've voted for, you could check if it's closed already :)

8. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, katasteel,

I just checked MuscleClipConverter on Unity5.6.0b7, it works fine on my model here.

Could you send your model & clip to me, so I can debug on my machine here?

Thanks for your feedback :)

Best regards,

9. chelnok

chelnok

I guess i had learned to believe they were newer fixed :p

10. davide445

davide445

Purchased this asset, with the goal to author pre-made animations.
    Just want to have my charter such as this one imported from DAZ3d

and compose animation clips, using Skele to change elements where needed.
    Goal produce a video, using also clothing physics.
    About the Timeline Editor I put a Mesh collider on the skirt so that arms didn't cross it, this work in play mode but didn't in the Timeline, what need I to do.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  11. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

When I edit an animation and pin a bone in IK and select an end joint I can toggle between these green V and red X gizmos. What are they for?
    (I saw them show up in one of the tutorial videos but there was no explanation.)

Attached Files:

12. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, davide445,

Currently Unity doesn't support Physx components calculation in edit-mode, I would think if there's some workaround for that. But the chance is not high as this might be fixed by Unity editor low-level design. :(

Will notify you if I find something,

Best regards,

13. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, TokyoDan,

Clicking the V mark will create a new pin for the selected joint,
    Clicking the X mark will remove an existing pin on the selected joint.

And,
    As the IK-Pin doesn't always yield satisfying result, it's already replaced by the constraint-system instead, the only advantage of IK-pin is it doesn't need explicit setup.
    If you're working with a biped(human-like) model, you could use the "Auto Biped Constraint Setup Utility".
    You could also check this video tutorial about how to use constraint.
    Well, you don't need to add all the constraints and bake the animation. You might just add the constraints to help restrict the angle-range of joint and work like usual.

Best regards,

14. yohami

yohami

Is this light enough to be used on many characters on runtime? Im looking for a solution to customize game avatars

15. blueCubed

blueCubed

Hi,

I've just started using Skele and I'm following your video here:

I've got a simple walk animation using IK (without Hip follow) and using the bake function to create an in place walk animation.

Problem is that when I bake, it's only baking the rotations and not the positions of the limbs, therefore my feet rotate but don't move when I don't have the IK targets.

Could you please let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

16. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

I keep getting this message in my Console. How do I get rid of it?

"Singleton.Awake: ConstraintManager"

17. Wizard-Games

Wizard-Games

Hey im having some trouble converting a humaniod clip to generic.
    When I start it looks like the first image, however once i convert it all the curves are missing as seen in the second.

any help would be apreciated

Attached Files:

18. BlankMauser

BlankMauser

Hello there!

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get my morph procs to work correctly. First of all, they disappeared on me randomly giving me a very big scare. Luckily I had backed up a scene file from the past, but I'm still not sure why this happened.

So I load up the backed up scene file and it works fine. But I want to export the morphs so I can use them in other scenes. But when I export the mesh doesn't seem to be correct. It doesn't render no matter what I do. Putting the mesh in the scene renders nothing, and using the morphs with any other mesh doesn't seem to work either.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've really been using this feature a lot and really need it to work asap!

19. auhfel

auhfel

What is the easiest way to rotate a character around a specific point? I want to do this to more easily animate people spinning on one leg, for instance.

20. PiAnkh

PiAnkh

I have a question about using Skele to correct imported humonoid animation.
    When I import an animation that seemed ok in 3DS Max I often seem some mismatch for example a rifle not quite aligned with the hands while it look ok in Max.
    It it easy to use Skele to correct that? Is it possible to work on a separate animation layer in Skele or do I need to correct the imported animation key for key?

thanks!!

21. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, Developers,

I just submitted Skele 1.9.7p6 update,
    This update fixed the GUI disappear issue on high DPI screen (e.g.: Mac Retina screen )

If you're using screen resolution like 1920*1080, then you don't need to do anything.
    If you're using something higher like 3840*2160, then you could click the button "Use High DPI mode" to make sure the GUI display within the screen area.

upload_2017-5-1_22-45-44.png

A Big Thanks to Samuel who submits the original fix to me.
    To be honest, as I don't have a Mac here, so I cannot check if this really works on a retina screen, but it should work. Please tell me if it doesn't :)

Best regards,

22. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, yohami,

If you're referring to the skeleton animation part, then there's no extra cost comparing to the native unity animation. As the output of the editor is standard Unity animation clip.

If you're referring to the vertex animation part, then it depends on the vertex count of the morph mesh.
    The base rule is :
    1. no CPU cost if it's not visible;
    2. no CPU cost if the mesh-deform's weight parameter not changed;

Best regards,

23. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, blueCubed,

Thanks for your feedback, :)

I will cross reference the answer here for others' reference:
    http://skele.userecho.com/topics/80-baking-animation-from-ik-targets-not-including-positions/

Best regards,

24. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

oh, yeah...

You could remove it by commenting out the line 113 of Singleton.cs
    Dbg.Log("Singleton.Awake: {0}", typeof(T).Name);

Will do something with it in the next update,

Best regards,

25. yohami

yohami

Thanks. What I'd like to do is use this in a character editor where I can make characters bigger, smaller, longer limbs etc, then have them do regular mecanim animations. Is that possible?

26. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

You could make skeleton/vertex animation with Skele package in design time.
    By "character editor", do you mean customizing avatar in runtime?
    If you do mean runtime avatar customizing, you could check the UMA package, it quite fits that job, but it calls for specialized modeling + texture + rigging setup.
    But that's been a year since I last checked on UMA, maybe there's some more new changes.

27. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, Wizard-Games,

I just checked MuscleClipConverter, and it works fine here.

Have you checked on this F.A.Q. entry?
    http://localhost/Skele/docs/84-utility/81-f-a-q#how-to-modify-existing-humanoid-clips

If it doesn't work out, please send your model + anim to me via mail, I would debug it on my machine here.

Best regards,

28. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, auhfel,

Thanks for the feedback, :)

You made a good point, I will soon add a 3D-cursor to allow users to rotate around specified point, like in blender .

rotatePivot.gif

29. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, Caeru,

Thanks for your feedback,

It sounds like the common subtle deviation caused by humanoid configuration,

Have you tried tweaking the rotation in muscle mapping configuration?
    Try rotating them a bit, it might be helpful, you could even ignore the "not in T-pose" warning and apply the changes.

1.png

You could manually modify the default rotation of the bones, and it would affect the appearance of the animation.

2.png 3.png

If that works, you could save the trouble of fixing the clips yourself.

30. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, BlankMauser,

Although it's replied in mail already, I will link the answer here for others' references.
    http://www.tmpxyz.com/Skele/docs/84...-animation-morphproc-to-work-in-another-scene

Best regards,

31. auhfel

auhfel

Omg thank you so much, lol. I've been trying to animate a spin-kick with Skele and it's been driving me mad. It's about the only thing I can't really do well, I believe. What I was doing was rotating the whole character and then moving it back into position.. but it just never looked right!

32. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@TMPxyz

If I have a generic walk cycle on a character, is it possible to add a secondary layer of animation to it with your asset? For example, say I would like more hip sway. I'm wondering if I can animate that inside Skele, and then multiply that on top the generic animation with a weight slider, so I can control the amount at run-time.

Thanks.

33. Tomza

Tomza

Hi,

Is the tool work at runtime too?
    To update, do I need to buy another version?

34. KarloE

KarloE

Hey, so I got problems with Humanoid animations and dae exporter.

So I make a copy of a character, make it generic, do animation on him, then use exporter to export it as dae, and then as soon as I change from generic to humanoid, I lose the preview of the animation and there is no animation basically to use, its just the default crouch pose there.

Im trying to do some animations for mixamo rig characters.

Can you tell me what is wrong? What kind of info do you need from me in order to help me?

Cheers

35. KarloE

KarloE

Nevermind, I made it by using this clip of yours:

Very helpful. Thank you. :)

TMPxyz and hopeful like this.
  36. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

Hi! I just purchased this and am attempting some simple vertex animations. I'm getting the following error in the console when I run the game:

NullReferenceException: (null)
    UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object[] objs, UnityEngine.Object context) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/SerializedPropertyBindings.gen.cs:87)
    UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:193)
    UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:185)
    MH.VertAnim.ShapeKeyMorphSOEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Skele/VertAnimation/Editor/ShapeKeyMorphSOEditor.cs:41)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

37. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, adamz,

Maybe I misunderstood your question, do you mean to add another animation layer? You could use the Animator controller's layer (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AnimationLayers.html)

You could use Animator.SetLayerWeight in runtime.

38. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, Tomza,

Most of the subsystems in the packages are editor scripts ( i.e.: it's not runtime editor ), the constraints subsystem contains components which can be used in both editor & runtime though.

I guess what you mean is the animation-authoring subsystems. They're all editor scripts.

39. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, alanmthomas,

Are you using the vertex-animation in another scene?

Please check this F.A.Q entry here:
    http://www.tmpxyz.com/Skele/docs/84-utility/81-f-a-q#i-cannot-get-the-vertex-animation-morphproc-to-work-in-another-scene
    I
    n short, the vertex-animation data is by-default saved in the scene, to use it in another scene, you need to saved it as an asset in project first, just check the F.A.Q entry above.

If that's not the case, be sure to tell me, it would be very helpful to tell me these info:
    1. System OS
    2. Unity ver.
    3. Be sure to update to latest Skele ver.
    4. Send me the model via mail if possible (tmpxyz * gmail * com)

Best regards,

40. shamsfk

shamsfk

Hello! I'm trying to export animation clips from SwordAndShieldAnimsetPro from the store.
    I get an exported model file and several animation files (on for every animation I chose), but they do not contain actual animation data!
    Source is a multiple animations fbx file.

Can it be helped?

See a shot please: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3yeBboXyl8Ac1RoSUFkNl8tdHc

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  41. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I am saving the animation as an asset. I'm not sure why, but a simple restart seems to have resolved the issue.

42. saltysquid

saltysquid

I bought Skele about a week ago and I'm loving it so far. 2 questions/issues

1) - Can you rotate in IK mode? I know this seems basic but I've tried all the buttons + WER keys + the icons in the UI. No matter what I try I can only move bones, no IK rotation.

2) Is there an easy way to "mirror" an animation? I'd like to make a right punch animation from my left punch animation. I want them to be identical... simply mirrored. I did notice Unity has a mirror option in the debug settings of the animation clip. Tried it, didn't do anything. I also noticed there is a mirror option in the animation controller on the state itself. Again, it didn't do anything at all. If I can accomplish this in Skele it'd be a life saver.

Thanks for making such a cool tool,

43. Waterlane

Waterlane

Any news on Skele v2 for Unity 2017?
    Really looking forward to how you might integrate things...
    btw - the new 3dsMax editing of motion paths (object trajectory splines, which can be viewed/modified in the editor) would be a really cool feature.. :)

44. metaphysician

metaphysician

i'm in a similar situation as Dave-3d. just investigating how Timeline could work for me, and it definitely does not play nice with Skele 1.X at the moment! most of the errors are based on the Animator Timeline, and since Unity Timeline is now integrated i figure there's a good chance that the Animator Timeline component will be dropped in favor of the Unity Timeline, especially once Unity 2017 releases. but i am curious if you have any beta versions on Skele V2.

Waterlane likes this.
  45. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I'm getting an assortment of errors after upgrading to 2017. Specifically, things like:
    Assets/Skele/CharacterAnimationTools/Editor/Misc/AnimMirrorEditorWindow.cs(476,26): error CS0619: `UnityEditor.AnimationUtility.SetAnimationType(UnityEngine.AnimationClip, UnityEditor.ModelImporterAnimationType)' is obsolete: `SetAnimationType is no longer supported'

Any idea on how I can fix this?

46. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

FYI for anyone else that runs into issues after the upgrade - there are places in the code that check for Unity 5. Changing those to Unity 5 or greater fixed the issues.

47. micuccio

micuccio

Good Morning (at least here is morning :) )
    I am using with great satisfaction Skele and I reached to edit an existing Generic animation as I wanted.
    During the editing I used the main Root to rotate my character and when I play it (Attached for example to a Mechanim Animator) I get it right when played once. When instead I set it loop and loop pose (selecting even the Root used in the editing ) It does not work and present strange rotations.
    I am not sure if I was clear with the description.

Do you have any suggestions concerning it? do you see any mistake in the process?

Thanks in advance and Best regards,

Domenico

48. metaphysician

metaphysician

hi there - can you tell me the exact method you used to solve these import issues? i'm not having any luck on my end. the usual fail pattern results in an error on EUtil.cs, and there's a bit of complexity in terms of its tags for versions of Unity. i edited line 21 to say:
    #if UNITY_5_5_OR_NEWER

but after importing, that then results in about 17 errors on AMTimeline.cs referring to the ambiguous namespace between animator controllers:
    error CS0104: `AnimatorControllerParameterType' is an ambiguous reference between `UnityEngine.AnimatorControllerParameterType' and `UnityEditorInternal.AnimatorControllerParameterType'

knowing which lines to edit on EUtil.cs seems to be the key. just not sure the best way to do this. any help appreciated because i'm basically unable to install Skele on 2017.1 due to these errors. i should also mention that i'm importing the latest Skele from the Asset Store package, and not upgrading a project that had Skele already installed.

49. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I am using the version from the Asset Store as well. I simply prepended UnityEngine. before all occurrences of AnimatorControllerParameterType in that script and it fixed the issue.

50. metaphysician

metaphysician

Excellent! - thanks a bunch. for those a bit less experienced and still in the dark if you get errors on scripts in 2017.1 on importing Skele, the basic issue is that there are a bunch of #defines to deal with various versions of code, but there is frequently no explicit define set up to deal with anything AFTER Unity 5.6. so when it hits that code block it fails because there's no definition for newer versions past 5.6. this approach will fix the following two scripts that had errors:

EUtil.cs
    AnimMirrorEditorWindow.cs

i put in UNITY_5_5_OR_NEWER whenever it starts to set up what counts as a UNITY_5 define. and as Alan mentioned there's one other bit of editing to do. in AMTimeline.cs. that starts around line 2798. just append UnityEngine. in front of AnimatorControllerParameter whenever it comes up (about 4 or 5 times). after that, it should compile fine and give no more errors.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017