Search Unity

Single server project

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by rakehunt, May 14, 2017.

1. rakehunt

rakehunt

Hey Guys,

I'm quite new to Unity and I'm working on a small project. Since i started working with Unity few weeks ago I wanted to know, if there's a decent way to implement one world server for a game.
    Like all the stuff i found in tutorials was about rooms and clients being Servers The same time, i was wondering if i am the only Person trying to build one Server for a whole game.

So if anyone knows a decent way to implement this or any tutorials or documentation i would be really happy.
    Thank you guys!

2. jaybdemented

jaybdemented

Since I spend more time on the forums then I do working on a game:( I see this asked a lot. If you want to use Unitys networking you should look in to the llapi.
    http://www.robotmonkeybrain.com/good-enough-guide-to-unitys-unet-transport-layer-llapi/
    This was a good start but I'm not sure if its still useful because unity has made many changes since then. You can also go the third party route with photon bolt, forge, dark rift and there is a asset called Ummorpg.

3. Whippets

Whippets

You can also use the uNet NetworkServerSimple() class along with a separate dedicated server project, which is what I use. It handles all the connection stuff for you, and uses handlers for network message types. It's pretty good.

4. rakehunt

rakehunt

Thank you for your answers :)
    Does anyone of you have a Link to a tutorial?