Search Unity

Single pass rendering and 4x MSAA issues with Daydream

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by DaveMakemedia, Jul 21, 2017.

1. DaveMakemedia

DaveMakemedia

Hi!

I have an rendering issue with Daydream when using 4x MSAA + single pass rendering in Unity. See attached screenshot. It looks like the depth buffer is corrupted?

With 2x MSAA this issue doesn't occur. And with multi pass rendering there is also no issue even when using 4x MSAA.

I'm using the latest Google VR SDK (1.6). Have tried Unity 5.6.0, 5.6.2 and 2017. Phone is Pixel Android version 7.1.1.

Has anyone found the similar issue and is there a workaround? I'd really like to use 4x MSAA otherwise the aliasing is quite bad in our application. And multi pass rendering would result in too much of a performance hit.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. DaveMakemedia

DaveMakemedia

Oh, I've just noticed he following known issues with the 2017f3 release notes!

• xR: Rendering problems on Pixel Daydream when using 4x or 8x MSAA with single-pass stereo. This is due to driver issues, so the problem will be addressed via a driver update, independently of Unity releases.
    I guess this answers my question! Do we know when the driver update will be available?

3. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

We have no insight into that. The driver is done by Qualcomm AFAIK so even Google has to wait for them to fix the bug. :-(