Search Unity

Since the latest update of Unity or Hololens everything is "upside down"

Discussion in 'VR' started by Firlefanz73, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I have two simple Projects on my hololens. Last few weeks I did not have time to work on those.

Today I installed unity update (from 5.5 to 5.6.0f3) and also the latest hololens update.

After that I started my 1st Project: and everything was Rendering upside down in the hololens, after doing a fresh build! When starting in Editor, everything Looks okay there, it is just on the hololens.

So for testing purposes I opened my other Project and did a fresh build. Again, in the hololens everything is upside down, in the unity Editor it Looks okay.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!

supererogatory likes this.
  2. Pvt_Hudson

Pvt_Hudson

had that problem with one project/asset, uncheck Allow MSAA on camera

3. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Thanks a lot! That helped.

4. ScottF

ScottF

Vice President, Platforms

We are aware of this bug and working on a patch for ~P2/P3 ASAP. As other user mentioned for now you can work around this issue by turning off MSAA.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  5. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

Still not fixed in 5.6.0p2 :(

6. PranavBuradkar

PranavBuradkar

I am facing the same issue for other UWP devices, turning off MSAA isn't working for me.

7. sayangel

sayangel

Is this fixed?

8. LuckyHamster

LuckyHamster

I'm using 5.6.1f1 and its still not fixed

9. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

Apologies that you guys are still running into this. I've tried to repro locally (both with and without MSAA) in a 5.6 branch and everything appears right-side-up for me. I'll ask QA to verify what version of Unity this was fixed on so we can tell you guys the earliest version number you'll need to update to.

10. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

QA tells me this should have been fixed around the 5.6.1p2 (maybe 5.6.1p3) time frame. Would you mind updating to the latest 5.6.1 or even 5.6.2 and seeing if that fixes the issue for you?

11. misher

misher

I have also this issue in 5.6.1f1, should disable MSAA and set Fastest Quality Settings.

12. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

The "p" releases come after the "f" releases. If you're on 5.6.1f1, you should be able to update to 5.6.1p2/p3 and have this problem solved without any workaround.

danilogasques likes this.
  13. danilogasques

danilogasques

Having the same problem here (5.6.1f1), but I don't have an option to update Unity :(

14. robbiesmith79

robbiesmith79

I'm on Unity 5.6. 1f1. I used the Standard Assets FPSController. I had to expand the FPSController and select the FirstPersonCharacter main camera. Unchecked the "Allow MSAA" option rebuilt through Visual Studio to the hololens and everything was correction oriented this time. One stupid checkbox burned an hour and a half out of my day researching this ... manure.

15. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

@danilogasques: Can I ask why you can't update Unity? Maybe it's something I can help with.

@robbiesmith79: