Search Unity

Show Ads With ShowOptions { pause = false }

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by davey05, Mar 18, 2015.

1. davey05

davey05

Hi Good Day!

Great service btw! :)

I just wanted to ask how big an impact could be when it comes to Ads availability if I set the ShowOptions#pause option to false.

The game we are beta testing right now is an online mobile game using sockets. It seems that while the video ad is playing, the connectivity somehow breaks as per testers report.

Hoping for your quick and helpful response! ^_^

2. LightSource

LightSource

I would also like to know this. What did you do with your project?

3. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

The pause option has no effect. The Unity Player is always paused on the device when ads are shown.

If you are seeing a "Video Playback Error", this is typically a failure to stream the video ad over poor network conditions. Unity ads attempts to cache each video ad before showing. However, if it has not cached the ad before the ad is shown, it will then attempt to stream.

We can however disable streaming, forcing Unity Ads to only be ready when ads are fully cached. This should avoid this error, effectively improving user experience. However it may also limit the availability of ads.

Contact me directly with your game ID if you would like streaming disabled. We are currently working on improvements to the SDK which should handle this issue more gracefully in the future.

4. LightSource

LightSource

Thanks for the reply, but I found a work around while I was waiting. I'll remember this for future reference.

5. cpasjuste

cpasjuste

Hi,

Sorry to bring back an old subject but i couldn't find an answer. I do also have the same problem. I want to try unity ads in my android game (MiniStrike). It's a multiplayer game and i'd like to show the ad every time there is a "change map" (every ~20 minutes), but it's not possible to pause the game (i'm using rpc call and such all over etc...).

I guess there's no way to do so (not pausing) and would need to re-think my whole gamelogic to use inity ads in a multiplayer game ?

Thanks for any advice.