Search Unity

Shadows come out pitch black on WebGL player.

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by EnsurdFrndship, Jun 16, 2017.

1. EnsurdFrndship

EnsurdFrndship

Hello,
    During my past 5 uploads to the Cloud server (using 5 different changes under both the 'Quality' and 'lighting' settings), the WebGL player has been rendering all my shadows on objects as pitch black in certain areas of my scene, and other areas just appear much darker than what got rendered in my Game window.

Because THOSE areas do not come out pitch black, I would LIKE TO believe that it has something to do with the lighting between the WebGL player, and Unity's game window and that there must have been problems either between the collaboration process, or the uploading from the 'queue' to the Cloud, BUT, when I 'backdated' everything down to an earlier project (from the Cloud) to a version of where the WebGL player DID NOT render the shadows as pitch black (and I can use THAT to 'testify' that I did not change a single setting TO MAKE all this happen by accident), I added an additional sound extension to a .wav file that I wanted to add to my next version of what DID work, and got the pitch-black shadows again, just from doing something as 'simple' as adding more audio to a .wav file (using WavStudio), so, could it be a 'memory' issue as well as a lighting issue (that for SOME reason, maybe of my lights are not rendering in the WebGL player)? If so, what could be causing this?

I also enabled HDR on all cameras, and still have the same problem with the WebGL player.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

From my limited experience usually the browser just fails to load the entire game and fires off an error if related to a memory issue. I've not experienced any degradation in a build resulting from a memory issue, but that's not to say it doesn't happen. See WebGL Memory Settings under Publishing Settings.

Does profiling provide any helpful information on possible memory issue related to the audio content?

3. EnsurdFrndship

EnsurdFrndship

It would, but there is something wrong with the lighting of my WebGL, and nothing can seem to fix it. Everything works fine in the editor, and on the Android, it REALLY is terrible. Almost everything is black except for a few boxes.