Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Shaders: Blur shader causes editor crash

Discussion in '2017.1 Beta' started by Freznosis, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Freznosis

Freznosis

I will try and explain my problem as best I can. There is something odd happening with shaders/materials in the 2017beta and it is more or less directly linked to blur shaders. I'm not sure what technique different blur shaders use but I've tested a blur shader called Gaussian Blur and the blur shader that is included in PRISM and they both make the Unity editor crash when you try to....

• Preview them on a material.
    • Assign the material containing the shader onto any object.

This only happens with the aforementioned 'blur' shaders while other shaders work fine, I will also attach the crash logs/dump files in case it might help. Does anyone have any clue what might cause this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

The editor should never crash, thus I'd submit a bug-report following the advice in this document. Don't miss to post the bug-report Case number that you receive here as well, so Unity can pick up your report faster.

LeonhardP likes this.
  3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please file a bug report for this issue with a minimal reproduction case and reply in here with the case number, as Peter already suggested?