Search Unity

Setting up projects for Ads and Analytics on multiple platforms

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by derkoi, Apr 21, 2016.

1. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, I'm a little confused on the best way to set up my projects for my game.

My game at the moment is a paid game on iOS and Android using the same Unity Project, I also plan on offering a free version with adverts on both iOS and Android and possibly Windows Phone later.

Should I create 4 projects for analytics:
    iOS Paid
    Android Paid
    iOS Free
    Android Free

and 2 projects for Adverts:
    iOS Free
    Android Free

Or should I create analytics projects:
    iOS & Android Paid
    iOS & Android Free

Unity Adverts:
    iOS & Android free

Or something else? I'm confused now so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. derkoi

derkoi

Anyone?

3. mpinol

mpinol

hey @derkoi,

For Analytics I would recommend using one project id for all versions of your game. We offer a way to separate player data into categories which I think would be very helpful in this case. You can read more about why and how to do this here, https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/analytics/intro-to-custom-segments By default we segment users by iOS and Android platforms but in your case if you are interested in also separating them by free vs paid user you can accomplish this by creating four Custom Segments.

Free Android Users
    Paid Android Users
    Free iOS Users
    Paid iOS Users

Let me know if you have any other questions about this!

Also, I am not entirely sure about your best course of action for Ads so I am going to reach out to them as well!

4. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

You can use the same project used with Analytics just by enabling the Ads service for the project as well.

In Unity this is fairly simple to setup. Depending on the version of Unity you are using, you may have been prompted to enable Analytics in your project when you created it (currently available in the Unity 5.4 beta). If this is the case, the project has already been created for you and the Analytics service is already enabled. All you need to do at this point is enable the Ads service as well.

In any case, if a Unity Project ID isn't linked to your project when you open the Services window in Unity (Window > Services) for the first time, you will be prompted to create a Unity Project. Once created, you can enable both Analytics and Ads services at that time.

5. derkoi

derkoi

Sorry for the late reply, not sure what happened there. Thanks for your help.

6. harisp

harisp

Hi @mpinol @unity-nikkolai

What if my app is published on Amazon as well. I'm asking this because under segment builder I dont see Amazon/Kindle devices in the dropdown

upload_2017-2-17_19-34-34.png

7. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@harisp

You are correct. Stores like Amazon are not available in the list of platforms. Platforms are more akin to build targets in this case.

One way you can solve this problem is by creating a custom event for each store you want to track and then create a custom segment with that custom event.

There was a discussion in another thread about how to detect what store an app was purchased from, so that might be useful for you:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/iap-amazon-google-and-unity-iap.390921/#post-2681358

8. harisp

harisp